[Q] Google Calendar sync problem

Search This thread

gcastilloo

Sep 23, 2011
I have a problem; after installing Gigawatts Pro 10.1 I am having a problem with google account sync. I install google calendar but it won't sync to the google account. When I go into the specific google account in settings the calendar isn't in the items to be synced. I am new to posting here normally just read but couldn't find this info anywhere on how to fix it so I am posting in this Q&A. Hopefully an admin can move it to the android development portion of the forum or have an answer for me. Much thanks.

GueSs_me

Sep 19, 2009
I had the same problem and I figured out that the CalendarProvider.apk is missing from priv-app system. I inserted the apk and changed the permission... it worked!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app

.:GraveD:.

Apr 2, 2014
I have a problem; after installing Gigawatts Pro 10.1 I am having a problem with google account sync. I install google calendar but it won't sync to the google account. When I go into the specific google account in settings the calendar isn't in the items to be synced. I am new to posting here normally just read but couldn't find this info anywhere on how to fix it so I am posting in this Q&A. Hopefully an admin can move it to the android development portion of the forum or have an answer for me. Much thanks.

I had the same problem and I figured out that the CalendarProvider.apk is missing from priv-app system. I inserted the apk and changed the permission... it worked!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app

Indeed, I had the same problem with my ROM, adding the correct CalendarProvider.apk fixed the problem ;)

gcastilloo

Sep 23, 2011
Indeed, I had the same problem with my ROM, adding the correct CalendarProvider.apk fixed the problem ;)
Thank you both for the help I am currently trying your ROM as this was more problem free I do like some of the Samsung stuff though so I may attempt to try Gigawatts again. If I do where can I find that calendar provider.apk?

gcastilloo

Sep 23, 2011
OK so I really want to use Gigawatts but I downloaded a calendarprovider.apk and moved it to priv-app this made calendarstorage stop working and just go into a quick popup cycle. I had to clear cache and data on those apps and try again. Still did the same thing. Turned it off to remove it and now I'm ok but still no Calendar in google account for sync. Any ideas or a step-by-step?

.:GraveD:.

Apr 2, 2014
OK so I really want to use Gigawatts but I downloaded a calendarprovider.apk and moved it to priv-app this made calendarstorage stop working and just go into a quick popup cycle. I had to clear cache and data on those apps and try again. Still did the same thing. Turned it off to remove it and now I'm ok but still no Calendar in google account for sync. Any ideas or a step-by-step?

I just remembered, I also added GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk to app folder.
I've attached the apk I used, copy/move it to the app folder make sure it has the correct permisiosn and reboot.
Or add it to the rom and re-flash.

Attachments

• GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk
    490.3 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: gcastilloo

gcastilloo

Sep 23, 2011
I've attached the apk I used, copy/move it to the app folder make sure it has the correct permisiosn and reboot.

Thank you for the help I've added Google calendar ask then the calendarprovider.apk also seccalendarprovidertablet apk also the file you posted and still doesn't show up. I wish there was more people working on these roms would have more options. Thanks for trying though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.