zip.gif
tg01_Change_ Radio.zip package:

- rename any ROM with desired radio (xxxx) as Radio_ROM.tsw
- copy this ROM (Radio_ROM.tsw) here in the "Change Radio" folder
- rename the ROM, the you like to change the radio as TG01_Orginal.tsw
- copy this ROM (TG01_Orginal.tsw) also in the same folder Change Radio
- start Change_Radio.bat

you get the "old" ROM with "new" RADIO = TG01WP_00_NEW.tsw ready to flash

INFO: the most last ROMs are made with OsKitchen, the use a new imgfs structur. the tg tool detect this as error- IGNORE this error message- the new maked RadioROM is save and ok and you can flash it.

Last edited:

Pere

Oct 25, 2006
Palau (Barcelona) Spain
Change each ROM to your preffered RADIO Version. For the ROM chefs, this saves a lot of the upload time

Special thanks to cedesmith for TGTool​

Only to do: rename the downloaded ROM to original.tsw, then copy original.tsw in Radio Kitchen folder and press Radio Change.bat after 2 minutes you have a new ROM with yours Radio Version!

for Radio Versions: (upload in progress)

0300.76 http://www.4shared.com/file/yMn135Wx/Radio_0300_Kitchen.html
1600.05 http://www.4shared.com/file/oLdPv5Dp/Radio_1600_Kitchen.html

Very useful!

If that works as easily as you say, (no doubt;)) perhaps if we all agree,chefs could avoid uploading ALL the radio versions every time they launch or update a new ROM ... Let's leave users do his/her choice! So they could dedicate better his/her time to the most important: Programming the best ROMS!..

Just a suggestion. What people say?

On the other hand. I wonder if it would be possible doing the same with the language (just dreaming: An Idiom changing KITCHEN !!! :rolleyes:

Best R.

mirolg

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2009
Yes, Pere you have 100% right. for me and other chefs is uploading lost time (50 min./Radio x 4). Every user knows wich radio version is the best for him. (or can expiriment to find the best)

now user have a simple auto- util: load the radio Kitchen with the preferred radio and no matter what ROM 6.1 or 6.5 or 6.5.5, rename and change his radio

i will in the future upload only one Radio Version. i hope the other chefs to!

Reactions: drupad2drupad

DubRas

Apr 21, 2010
Sticky, please!

Hi Miro,

great job, hope, that a mod will post this sticky, so everybody will find it on top of the page.

CU

lesscro

Jul 16, 2007
Paris
Is there a way to flash only Radio...
i use original ROM but i want test new radio beause Signal sensibility is horrible...
Thx for answer...

EVEALEX62

Jul 10, 2009
Arras
i use original ROM but i want test new radio beause Signal sensibility is horrible...
Thx for answer...

For me I think you can ;) and generally with this programme or for create ROM you have an advertissement when have error ... So I think it's not dangerous to test before flash ;)

Salut LeSScro, je pense que ca doit fonctionner je n'ai tester qu'avec des ROM modifiés mais bon si tu as un soucis avec ce genre de programme tu as une erreur qui te prévient donc je pense que tu peux peux tester et si tu n'as pas d'errreur tu peut flashé ;)
Si tu veux que je teste pour toi dis le et donne moi la radio souhaité ainsi que la ROM que tu utilise ;) je le ferais d'ici demain ;)... avec tous les services que tu m'as rendus je peux bien faire cela ;) Bonne journée

Last edited:

mirolg

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2009
Thx for answer...

hello lesscro,

yes, with this kichen (codesmith TG01Tool) extract RADIO from every new ROMs and combine with your used ROM. This is one auto prozedur, with CRC check if the maked ROM is ok.

Load a kitchen with RADIO Version that you like.

Put your used ROM file in kitchen. Rename it to TG01_Orginal.tsw and press the xxx.bat file.

After 1 - 2 min. you have a NEW Rom- file. Flash and try.

good luck, miro

lesscro

Jul 16, 2007
Paris
@ mirolg
Thx... i want keep my original ROM 21876 FR
and try the latest available RADIO (must be better than my actual, because i lost signal in train, under tunnel... unbelievable... my Asus P535 keep signal without problem in same situation)

@ EVEALEX62

Salut Alex... ben moi comme d'habitude je reste avec mon original revu...
Si je flash avec une rom recré et que je remets mon backup techniquement le System redeviendra celui qu'il était avant flash mais ma ROM radio sera bien la nouvelle ?
Car il faut flasher la puce pour avoir la nouvelle version...

>!--------------------------------------------------------

Hello Alex ... me as I usually keep my ROM original ...
If I flash a rom recreated and I use my backup system will be that technically it was before but my flash radio ROM will be the new well?
Because we must flash the chip to have the new RADIO version ...

LeSScro

Last edited:

EVEALEX62

Jul 10, 2009
Arras
@ EVEALEX62

Salut Alex... ben moi comme d'habitude je reste avec mon original revu...
Si je flash avec une rom recré et que je remets mon backup techniquement le System redeviendra celui qu'il était avant flash mais ma ROM radio sera bien la nouvelle ?
Car il faut flasher la puce pour avoir la nouvelle version...

>!--------------------------------------------------------

Hello Alex ... me as I usually keep my ROM original ...
If I flash a rom recreated and I use my backup system will be that technically it was before but my flash radio ROM will be the new well?
Because we must flash the chip to have the new RADIO version ...

LeSScro

Salut LeSScro, je pense que comme tu ne change que de radio ta backup se remettra sans pbm en gardant la nouvelle radio ;)
Merci de nous tenir informé de l'évolution STP.

Hi LeSScro, I think you can restore your backup without problem because you don't change ROM just the radio ;) and you keep your new radio ;)
Thank you for keeping us informed of developments please.

lesscro

Jul 16, 2007
Paris
@ mirolg & EVEALEX62
using 1800 radio kitchen...
after restore from backup...

screen001b.png
screen002e.png
[

Now this night, i will take a train to Paris... i send feedback tomorrow or in train if it works...

Thx for help and tuto...

LeSScro

lesscro

Jul 16, 2007
Paris
much better... but same issue in train... at overspeed i lose completly signal...
but in conversation with same person, it looks like much better
in train much better too because i can connect partially Net when train is slow...

then i m happy :D;)

path.mode

Jan 24, 2009
London
Fantastic tool....but is possible to use it for ROMs from other devices.There are different file extension ....Thanx for help!

fxdjacentyfxd

Sep 7, 2009
Hi.
As I could read from this thread, changing radio is possible in original Toshiba roms too.
I changed default UK orange ROM radio to 5005.1600.05 and two questions:

1) New rom is much smaller ( 202481664 bytes ) than original ( 259657728 bytes ). Is it normal ?
2) Having such new "original" ROM , should I load it to tg01 via TG01_SDDL.exe ( as Toshiba suggests for their roms ) or rather via tg01_sddl+.exe for "cooked" roms ?

Regards
fxdjacentyfxd

EVEALEX62

Jul 10, 2009
Arras
Yes for exemple I have less Mo with 5001.0300.76 than 5005.1600.05 ;)
For the 2nd point I havn't test so test the 2 differents SDDL :)

Top Liked Posts