Google Wallet

Search This thread

crxtasi

Feb 2, 2008
SoCal
Been trying out diff apks from HERE but its a no go. I think cause its ICS with Sense.

When installed I get this

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So I'm still on the hunt and daydreaming the day I can slap a stripper in the butt with my phone to pay her! :p

D

-deuces-

Been trying out diff apks from HERE but its a no go. I think cause its ICS with Sense.

When installed I get this

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So I'm still on the hunt and daydreaming the day I can slap a stripper in the butt with my phone to pay her! :p

i dont have an amaze. but when i had a nexus s, i got that same error. the reason for that was because i installed the wallet app after the rom and had signed in to google. i needed to flash the rom, google wallet, then google apps.

so idk if a rom dev can insert the apk into the rom, along with the other libs and stuff. maybe it will work.

BiznessMan

Mar 20, 2008
Salt Lake City
Still a no go with ICS. However, the system errors from the previous rom no longer exist. Wallet doesn't crash or return any NFC errors like before, so that is a good sign.

But yes, right now it gives an error message saying that the phone is not supported. I wonder if modifying the build.prop to reflect a Nexus would work

crxtasi

Feb 2, 2008
SoCal
i dont have an amaze. but when i had a nexus s, i got that same error. the reason for that was because i installed the wallet app after the rom and had signed in to google. i needed to flash the rom, google wallet, then google apps.

so idk if a rom dev can insert the apk into the rom, along with the other libs and stuff. maybe it will work.

Yeah I saw that too so reflashed the ruu again then install wallet and still have that msg. one day this amaze will get wallet.

BiznessMan

Mar 20, 2008
Salt Lake City
There is a flash for the Nexus S I believe that will put in the correct libs and whatnot. Problem is, we're on a Sense ROM and I'm not sure if those libs would work. Even so, I think that the build.prop is also preventing the app from booting all the way up.

nat4u

Jan 16, 2010
G Wallet

We will never be able to use google wallet on our phone since HTC screwed us, acording to google in order for NFC to be secure the device would also need a secure element chip that is embedded into the NFC chip. The amaze does not have this so we dont have google wallet.

Reactions: RobsSXT

gbgadgets

Feb 15, 2008
Chicago
LG V30
Google Pixel 5
Google wallet currently uses an embedded secure element on PN65N nfc chips right? The Amaze has PN544 chip which does not include an embedded secure element, but the chip does support SWP (single wire protocol). It seems that the ISIS app will probably be using SWP technology and should work on the Amaze whenever it gets rolled out (soon.....)? ISIS should be as good or better then google wallet so that would serve the purpose. Then I guess folks should make sure to purchase a phone with an nfc chip that includes all the options for secure element (swp, embedded, and micro-sd) so then one would be able to use whatever app they like best.

bobspace

Aug 10, 2007
Really annoyed about this. I should have done better research on the phone. I assumed because it had NFC it would be supported by Google Wallet. Arse.

KnowledgeBroker

Sep 7, 2010
Daytona Beach, Fl
Samsung Galaxy S8+
The error that someone had above is pretty easy to fix, it just means the system keys that it was signed with don't match the keys of a few system programs it expects to match with.. but even if you get that error fixed, it still may not work.
Of course we could try to port a rom that does have google wallet working, the hardware will support it if we can get the software working properly.

Dark Nightmare

Aug 5, 2011
WhereEverMyFeetAre
Google Pixel 6 Pro
The error that someone had above is pretty easy to fix, it just means the system keys that it was signed with don't match the keys of a few system programs it expects to match with.. but even if you get that error fixed, it still may not work.
Of course we could try to port a rom that does have google wallet working, the hardware will support it if we can get the software working properly.

It can be fixed and made to work but the risk are high and the expertise needed is as well plus the amaze nfc will make it even more difficult.

sent from a galaxy you'll never see.

Dark Nightmare

Aug 5, 2011
WhereEverMyFeetAre
Google Pixel 6 Pro

bige914

Apr 10, 2011
release-keys error?

does anyone get this error

"Insufficient secure element privileges for this system image (release keys)"

so far ive read up on, some places say that htc amaze is missing hardware some say software, if anyone else manages to get it to work id be happy to know how, thx.

jslcpd157

Jul 13, 2010

so far ive read up on, some places say that htc amaze is missing hardware some say software, if anyone else manages to get it to work id be happy to know how, thx.

Yep, I get it too... I've given up! Smh

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda app-developers app

lunarMyst

Mar 28, 2011

Me too on my Galaxy Siii. It never did work on this device but worked on my Galaxy Nexus. Wonder if I broke it somehow by not resetting the Nexus before trying it on the GS3? Since then however I did reset the Nexus and re-loaded the wallet on GS3 but still get "Insufficient secure element privileges for this system image (release keys)".

modified build.prop
OS build Number IMM76D.I535VRALG7 (updated stock [aug 3rd] rooted)

Top Liked Posts