CM10.0 Stable Review

Search This thread

Mekuso

Nov 15, 2012
just installed this.

for some reason the contacts app doesnt have a menu so i cant get in the settings to change my voicemail.

music playes for a few seconds after it has been paused.

currently in the process or wiping and reflashing stable to see if the problem persists

The lack of a menu is easy to fix. Settings - System - Hardware keys - show action overflow

The music bug has an easy fix as well, you can find it in the CM10 nightly thread a few pages back if I remember correctly.

Also: here is a real photo comparison. The following pictures have been taken by the same phone in identical light conditions.

CM10:
http://db.tt/8yHNmU0F

Sense stock:
http://db.tt/qh1cfhxu

Last edited:
Reactions: KingofRadiance

fractis

Apr 13, 2012
After installing CM10 I started missing sense first.. but after installing several apps I started to work around some of the weaknesses of CM10 and I'm quite happy now.

Most important apps for me:
  • haxSync for nice contacts
  • xPhone for a better contac-manager where I can quickly edit contacts
  • NovaLauncher/TouchWiz for nicer screen
  • Camera app because the CM10 seemed to be a bit unresposive

Reactions: KingofRadiance

thanamesjames

Dec 2, 2010
Sorry for bumping an old(er) thread, but I plan on installing CM for a family member and figure it needs to be this one. A few questions. Does installing this really decrease wifi and data? Or is that some kind of strange anti-placebo? Also I've heard that gps isn't great on this, how have others faired? Thanks!

Anything else that would be good to know for use by a "normal" user?

Last edited:

dr_rick13

Apr 15, 2011
OnePlus 6
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I ran CM10 on my one s for about week, and went back to stock.

While it is stable and snappy, CM10 had worse battery life, weaker WiFi and 4g signal, and the image quality was noticibly worse.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using xda app-developers app

worse battery life? I'm gonna have to disagree, which CM10 ROM were you using?

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

annndrewww

Dec 14, 2010
It doesn't seem like there's any real issues with the CM10 Stable. Think I'll be good if I unlock the bootloader, root, and flash CM10 from the start when I get my phone tomorrow in the mail?

revealed

Nov 21, 2010
Augsburg
Hello!

I like the project very much. As there is no way for me to go back to stock. I had a bootloop without a backup and a messed recovery. So i was looking for a German o2 branding RUU for 02___102 but no go. And as i am very pissed of HTC's policy, dealing with customers and am gernerally very happy with open projects i like CM even more.

So i went over to CM 10. The last time i used CM was on my old HTC Legend. And i just have to say: "Cool!"; To this version. Big step forward.

Actually i use the nightly build:
- I would love to see some effects in trebuchet.
- Wifi loosing connectivity when using powermanagement feature. (Wont resume?) So i just use policy always on.

The light sensor could be set a little less restrictive by default (more light even in darker places). But i try setting this myselves. (no big problem).

Many thanks for this!

Greetings,

R

Piccolo1986

Apr 28, 2011
WIFI problem

Actually i use the nightly build:
- I would love to see some effects in trebuchet.
- Wifi loosing connectivity when using powermanagement feature. (Wont resume?) So i just use policy always on.

Hi,
do you have any further information about this wifi problem?
I think I have the same. When I reboot my phone I find my home wifi instantly, but if I'm leaving my home, or wifi idle time is over, my phone getting stucked on "scanning for wifi networks" and I also can't disable wifi. But this only occurs at my home wifi (which always worked well with stock ROM) all other wifi have no problem

BUT: NEVER BACK TO STOCK, I LOVE CM :D

revealed

Nov 21, 2010
Augsburg
Hi,
do you have any further information about this wifi problem?

Hey there! Yes it is exacty this behaviour. Seems like the device would not resume. Or if a network script does not work properly with this policy. I guess it does not depend on how long the sleep time is set as the issue also occured with the 15 minute setting to me.

Looks similar like the behaviour if a Linux driven computer has problems with network scripts. "Always on" works. But i think the other would be more powersaving.

As it is stuck scanning the devices. "Wont turn off turn and on or find anything" i guess the Wifi is sent asleep and not woken up anymore.

Sorry no more information available to me for the moment.

Greetings,

R

Maybe i will try to find some logoutput in future. With a concrete error message and some examining of the structure there might be a chance.
PPS.: It is definitively not a problem of my router as it is a FritzBox and works with almost any android device my friends brought with them and i owned. They are known to be good devices in germany and available in almost every good sorted computer shop.

Last edited:

revealed

Nov 21, 2010
Augsburg
Hello!

I did a logcat with adb in the situation it is trying to resume. And i found this lines:
Code:
D/WifiStateChangeListener(25236): received broadcast intent with action: android.net.wifi.supplicant.STATE_CHANGE
D/WifiStateChangeListener(25236): isConnected: false
D/WifiStateChangeListener(25236): use_wifi_sync is: false
D/ConnectivityService(  367): NetTransition Wakelock for WifiStateMachine released by timeout
D/WifiService(  367): setWifiEnabled: true pid=25272, uid=1000
E/WifiStateMachine(  367): Failed to reload STA firmware java.lang.IllegalStateException: command '510 softap fwreload wlan0 STA' failed with '400 510 Softap operation failed (File exists)'
D/WifiStateChangeListener(25236): received broadcast intent with action: android.net.wifi.supplicant.CONNECTION_CHANGE
D/WifiStateChangeListener(25236): isConnected: false
D/WifiStateChangeListener(25236): use_wifi_sync is: false
Now there is just the question: "What to do with the information?"

Greetings,

R

one-option

Jan 23, 2013
Hi All

I just got my HTC one S few days back and I'm thinking about cm 10 stable, I have few questions and I hope to find an answer.

1- Can I turn the "vibrate on answer" feature off ?
You know when call some one and I'm not putting the mobile close to my ears the proximity sensor will vibrate the mobile when the other party pick up the call.
in my friend Galaxy Note I can find this setting under call setting>call alert>vibrate on answer

2- WIFI, camera, GPS, Radio, voice quality, screen quality & view............... cm10 stable vs HTC sense (Jelly bean) 4+ ?????

3- what is the unfixed bugs until now in cm 10 ?

sorry for asking so many questions and I hope to find an answer here.

Last edited:

Jojo_1

Mar 13, 2011
Rom seems pretty stable. Except know issues with waking with volume rocker and tethering not working when screen is off I have some problems with accepting phone calls while on headphones or bluetooth audio.

bo6o

Jul 19, 2010
Sofia
O cm10 since one hour and love it. Battery is great, and no problems whatsoever... Camera is bad, but the sense one is worse :)

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

s0kY

Feb 9, 2012
Kupari
Can someone port this rom for HOS S3?

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

theinsan3

Feb 12, 2013
hi
i`m new here. i just installed cm10 and i`m having some problems going back to sense4+ . not that i dont like cm10, but would like 2 know
how can i go back to stock sense 4+ ?
thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM10.0 stable was released a while ago on the HTC One S (S4). I've used it for a week nown and thought I'd write a review. Basically, I'm trying to create the thread I wish I'd find before I flashed CM10.0 Stable.

I came from stock 4.0.4 with Sense 4.1, so whenever I make comparisons, I compare it to that.

The Good
    - Stability. I've really only encountered a single bug. That's actually better than stock for me. Definately stable enough to use as a daily driver. I am really impressed by this.
    - Speed and smoothness. Everything flows really well, making the interface a joy to use.
    - Battery life. For me, it has been notably but not dramatically better. I get about 3.5 h screen time (I got about 3 h on stock).
    - The interface. Everything is prettier than Sense. I could never go back.
    - The settings. The number of settings isn't as large as CM7 (which was a bit insane), but larger than stock. You can tweak more or less everything you care about.

The Bad
    - A bug making volume wake unreliable. It's on the tracker: http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=6720
    This matters a lot for me since my power button is quite unresponsible. But it probably won't matter to most users (although I'd argue that waking the screen up with volume buttons is more comfortable than the power button)
    - While it's great that you can cutomize the lock screen shortcuts, you can't move the "unlock". It's always to the right. You can install another lock screen if you want, though. It's a very minor issue.
    - The contacts app doesn't seem to work with Facebook, so if you (like me) get all your contacts' pictures from there, you're out of luck. Slightly annoying. Third party apps like Haxsync can fix this though.
    - The timer and the alarm are found in two different apps. And the timer app is a bit wierd, coming from stock. But it works.

Other notes
    - Camera quality seems good enough. Taking photos is really fast, much like stock, but you can't just hold down the button to do burst mode.
    - I don't miss Beats Audio. The DSP Manager, an included app, let's you activate bass boost in three different levels. For me, this gives more than good enough audio quality.

Conclusion
    A great rom. Don't stay on stock :)

If you want me to add anything else, just ask :)
    Thanks for this great review.
    Is it possible to shoot 8mpx widescreen pictures like in the stock rom ?
    And is the battery life really better than stock? I've read that some users got a worse battery life on cm..
    Did you experienced any wifi/2g/3g connection issues?

Sense roms don't take 8mp widescreen shots. To achieve the widescreen, they just crop the photos to something more like 6mp.
    Battery life really depends on how you use your phone but for me its better on CM.
    Other than the occasional disconnecting from wifi, everything is fine over here
    Hello!!

As far as Facebook sync the best next thing is Haxsync in the market... Sooo worth it and it works great on CM10.

:)
    Can someone tell me how much the radio take effect on the battery life?
    I'm on stock Rom with radio 1.06es now
    Or will a new radio be flashed with during the flashprogress of cm 10?

You are not on 1.06es. Check about phone and you will see
    How would you compare photo quality between CM 10.0 Stable and Sense 4.1 ROMs? I understand that CM 10.0 cannot access the HTC ImageSense chip because it's proprietary but is there a noticeable difference in taking pictures between the two ROMs?

Yes big difference IMO to me it was unacceptable and switched back to sense but it is what it is, maybe someday the sense camera can be ported

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app