[NOOB FRIENDLY] Ask the question! [N7100 and other variants]

Search This thread

corwin_de_amber

Dec 16, 2008
Hi,

I am on stock rom (4.1.1) rooted by ExynosAbuse.apk
Can I flash new stock rom (N7100XXDMA6) through ODIN Mobile with EverRoot?

ObenDevin

Jun 23, 2012
Gaziantep
obendevin.blogspot.com
Ynt: [NOOB FRIENDLY] Ask the question! [N7100 and other variants]

Hi,

I am on stock rom (4.1.1) rooted by ExynosAbuse.apk
Can I flash new stock rom (N7100XXDMA6) through ODIN Mobile with EverRoot?

If you have bought MobileOdin via play store, yes you can..

hi i have download latest firmware from indonesia, i want to upgrade via ODIN
but when i unzip the zip ROM File, its shown 2 file 1 ROM file and 1 SS_DL.dll, what is the use of second file?

It has no use at all.. don't worry about it you can even delete that file..

2 Weeks Ago I broked my G Note 1 (i droppppped 1 M )

after that I bought A G Note II (Dropppped 0.5 M)

Gorilla Glass is piece of GARBAGE​

Gorilla Glass was never about shattering or damage resistance. Gorilla Glass has never promised direct damage resistance. It simply more protective about scratches. And unlike other glass types out there its great because it makes safe to use without a protective screen layer. What happened to those devices are even not covered by warranty. There is no need to trash Gorilla Glass for something they never promised.. If you are using a device as high priced as this, then you should spend some more money for protection. I'm using Spigen's Illuzion wallet case and it is working great..

Hi there,

I've been a member for quite a while, but never had any reason to post and had less knowledge than most so have never had the chance to help. But here I am today asking for it. Here's my problem:

Somewhere along the line recently, I downloaded a virus onto my Note II. However, it isn't an virus that seems to affect androids so my antivirus app (avast!) isn't catching it. However, every time I sync to my computer, the desktop's antivirus does catch it as it comes in and neutralizes it, but it forces me to restart my computer. Annoying.

My computer's antivirus can't scan my phone and my phone's antivirus doesn't see the virus. I can't find it doing a manual scan. I'm trying to avoid blitzing my phone if I can.

Any suggestions?

Hmm.. I think you can try different anti-virusses for scan.. I never trusted Avast! fully so i suggest Eset.. But if even them cannot find anything you have to do full wiping to get rid of the virus.. If you can tell me which antivirus you are using on PC maybe i can suggest something else to you..

GT-N7100 cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi

---------- Post added 14th February 2013 at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was 13th February 2013 at 11:54 PM ----------

Hello,

I haven't been able to find information on this so I'm hoping someone here has some info. I was at a friend's house and connected to their wifi. While messing around with my note 2, I pushed the 'scan nearby devices' photo gallery- suddenly all of their pictures/ videos from their laptop were loading into my gallery- what is up with that? It didn't ask any permissions from them just- boom. The 2 questions are

1. How can I protect my media when a friend is connected to my wifi

2. When I scan and get pictures from their computer are my pictures being uploaded to theirs?!

Any answers would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks so much!

I never have experience this problem. But i believe you have S Beam and/or NFC on. You can close S Beam and NFC under Settings-> Other Settings. That way your phone won't try sharing your photos with wireless devices.

I have tried to unlock my galaxy note 2 using the forums here ... I have tried through the menu process by dialing *#197328640# and proceeding through the process ...
unfortunately when I hit back, I never receive option [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ ...

can anyone help me?

Canada phone, rogers network ... I am now in the US and I have a $700 paperwieght ... my us carrier is verizon wireless ...

is there another way to unlock my phone?

SamMobile has a bootloader unlocking system but they want money for it..

Hi All

I am using the Galaxy Note 2 international model. I am trying the CM 10.1 nightly ROM's and other ROM's like HyperdroidJBX V2.0. They are cool roms and I really like them, but the only problem I am facing is the Wifi connectivity issue. At any point of time, when I am turning on and selecting my home Wifi connection, it stays on 'Obtaining IP address' or some other message, but never gets connected. This is the same issue, I faced even in 4.1.2 versions, but I had a work around as follows. Now, I don't know , how to do that in 4.2.1 ROM's.

Open dial pad and dial *#0011* and then chose Wifi from Menu. Turn off the button which is currently 'on' and the Wifi connects .. This happens every time, I restart the phone. But once done , no issues in connecting or disconnecting.

Any help appreciated. I am new to this forum and please let me know, if any data needs to be provided from my end to help fix this issue.

PS: This issue, has stopped me from trying the 4.2.1 ROM's as it is eating up my 3G mobile data connection.

You can try flashing a working modem (which you don't have this issue) via MobileOdin.. You can find how at MobileOdin's thread or searching/reading previous pages of this thread..

GT-N7100 cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi

Last edited:
Reactions: corwin_de_amber

LaMpiR

Jan 3, 2009
Vienna
Hi guys. I have international version of Note 2 but it's from T-Mobile Austria. They have just changed boot screen and added few apps. As a result, I have to wait for them to update to the latest android version. I've rooted it but unrooted it as well with exynos abuse.

My problem is charging. The other night, I was using some app to convert 1080p video to 480p so I can send it and it was hooked up to the charged because I had 15% left. Then I noticed that it went to 14% even thou it was hooked up to the charged. Finished that, left it and tomorrow morning, it was only charged for around 70%. I've changed the power extension cable and it worked. Not as fast but it did get to 90% in the next hour. That night, left it on the second cable, in the morning I got 51%. It doesn't seem to charge. Does anybody have similar problems? I still have Android 4.1.1. I haven't dropped the phone or anything like that. Its a month old phone.

Second problem that I have is internet. I got the package with max 7,2Mbps. Not much but it's quite enough for my needs right now since I read on it mostly. Lately, even if it's showing full signal and H+ icon, my internet isn't working. It can't load anything. Browser, facebook, news apps. I've tried to run then speedtest app but it takes forever to get to the begin test button. It just keep determining which server is the nearest. Basically, no Internet. Sometimes, it starts working by it self, sometimes I have to turn off the internet and the turn it back on for it to work. Any help?

I am really thinking of flashing some other rom or at least a 4.1.2 update since T-mobile will bring it to Austria by the end of March. I lose my warranty then?

tabone

Jan 14, 2013
restore calendar back up

hi guys, i have done factory reset, i've back up my calendar and the file format is .xml
then after i done factory reset, i dont know how to restore my calendar back up to splanner,
anyone can help me?
thx

edit: problem solved using super backup

Last edited:

His.Dudeness

Feb 2, 2013
SPen and PageBuddy N7100

Hi all,

Will there be any standalone app or mod for the N7100 someday which can use the PageBuddy in different Launchers? I really like this feature (for the SPen and Headphones) and miss it when changing from stock launcher to a different one.

There is also a setting which makes it possible to open up SNote when removing the SPen out of the N7100. It would be nice if you can customize this so it can open up a different app like GTasks for example or Evernote.

Thanks for reading and compliments to the great developers out there,

ObenDevin

Jun 23, 2012
Gaziantep
obendevin.blogspot.com
Hi guys. I have international version of Note 2 but it's from T-Mobile Austria. They have just changed boot screen and added few apps. As a result, I have to wait for them to update to the latest android version. I've rooted it but unrooted it as well with exynos abuse.

My problem is charging. The other night, I was using some app to convert 1080p video to 480p so I can send it and it was hooked up to the charged because I had 15% left. Then I noticed that it went to 14% even thou it was hooked up to the charged. Finished that, left it and tomorrow morning, it was only charged for around 70%. I've changed the power extension cable and it worked. Not as fast but it did get to 90% in the next hour. That night, left it on the second cable, in the morning I got 51%. It doesn't seem to charge. Does anybody have similar problems? I still have Android 4.1.1. I haven't dropped the phone or anything like that. Its a month old phone.

Second problem that I have is internet. I got the package with max 7,2Mbps. Not much but it's quite enough for my needs right now since I read on it mostly. Lately, even if it's showing full signal and H+ icon, my internet isn't working. It can't load anything. Browser, facebook, news apps. I've tried to run then speedtest app but it takes forever to get to the begin test button. It just keep determining which server is the nearest. Basically, no Internet. Sometimes, it starts working by it self, sometimes I have to turn off the internet and the turn it back on for it to work. Any help?

I am really thinking of flashing some other rom or at least a 4.1.2 update since T-mobile will bring it to Austria by the end of March. I lose my warranty then?

First of all yes if you flash any different rom you will lose warranty. But there are ways like rooting first then claim warranty back via TriangleAway and then flash Oficial ROM's via paid version of MobileOdin. You can find how to do them in this thread.

For your second problem, Your phones cable connector can be malfunctioning via bending or liquid contact. Check with another data cable for confirm if new cable doesn't solve problem contact to service in your region. Your data cable/recharger adapter could be broken if changing data cable/recharger has solved your problem you need to replace data cable/recharger. And there is a slight possibility that your android system has gone haywire and cannot determine how much battery left. You should make a complete wipe cache/fatory reset then empty your battery fully then recharge it to %100 capasity. If this gig doesn't work for you should contact to service in your region. What you told is impossible for new device.. I have mine about 2.5 months ago and still it goes about 2-3 days stand-by and 20-22 hours of on screen note taking..

Your third problem looks like you are using battery saving apps like JuiceDefender.. If you are using them it's normal for them to block mobile data for squeeze as much battery life as possible. There are variety on these programs so every program has own solution for it. You should look for them in those app's pages or help menus. :cool: If you are not using any kind of battery saving / battery life extending app then you should go to service and hand over your phone for repair. It is most likely a hardware problem..

If you stuck with anything you can ask here again, we will try to help you as we can.. :D

Hi all,

Will there be any standalone app or mod for the N7100 someday which can use the PageBuddy in different Launchers? I really like this feature (for the SPen and Headphones) and miss it when changing from stock launcher to a different one.

There is also a setting which makes it possible to open up SNote when removing the SPen out of the N7100. It would be nice if you can customize this so it can open up a different app like GTasks for example or Evernote.

Thanks for reading and compliments to the great developers out there,

You are on very wrong page.. :D What you are asking us to do is like future reading.. :D You should go to development pages and follow favourite ROM's threads for this kind of insights.. There is developers and experienced ROM users talking, suggesting and exchanging opinions about custom ROMs future.. I don't know is anyone here follows them but i don't.. I'm merely trying to help with lots of questions/problems and no idea how to get help, where to look, what to do, etc..

Rickav

Feb 15, 2013
Sco'land
Samsung Galaxy A70
Changing Carrier Name

Heyo,

This being my first time on this glorious website, I present to you my apprehensive first post. Let's hope it's in the right place & all, eh? :fingers-crossed:

So my problem, per se, is that I would like to the customise the carrier label of my phone. Here are some stats to pinpoint which phone it is:

- Samsung Galaxy Note II (International Version - GT-N71000)
- Rooted (Super SU)
- Alliance ROM (Stock-based ROM... Not something terribly wack but mostly eye candy. Consists of all original Samsung features).
- RedPill Kernel (Because why not?)

Now I've attempted to be a good li'l newb & searched the internets far & wide. The major problem is that the few solutions I have found are for phones built for a particular carrier (T-Mobile/Sprint) and/or they for a different model than mine. One can begin to understand my growing frustration for something so insignificant (don't take that out of context).

Hence, here lies my question. Is there a way to change the carrier name (of the sim provider) on my phone?

Now some more things I need to get out o'the way: I am not a programmer/whiz-kid. Big techno mumbo-jumbo has a high probability of flying over my head & pooping some code while doing so. On the other hand, I can (or so I believe) handle basic instructions. I use "Solid Explorer" which can search & edit root files & a well-rounded explorer for most uses.

Hope someone can help out... Even letting me know that I'm being silly thunderc*nt for trying to not be a part of the system would be wildly helpful so I can try to minimize my fuss. Well, that's all there is to it.

Cheerio,
Rick

M.F.N

Apr 29, 2011
Hi guys.

I'm looking for a program that I can use my S pen as PC pen. can anyone help me?
If there is any way so I do not have to buy PC pen.

jjbk

Feb 16, 2013
If I install custom rom does it change modem or country specific things?

Hi everyone. I am getting seriously overwhelmed with the whole rooting/custom rom process. now actually doing the rooting is fine, but installing custom roms is making me uneasy. I want to do it, but here are my concerns.

I have a 7105 4g its an optus phone, but it is unlocked. and Id love to try custom roms etc. So if I install roms, does it just reboot, and I can just make calls straight away? or does the rom change modems etc? and if it does can I reinstall my modem drivers for my phone etc?? I dont know if im asking the right questions, but im sure people like me have been through here before. and id appreciate the help.

Robobob1221

Feb 4, 2012
取手市。日本
I have a 7105 4g its an optus phone, but it is unlocked. and Id love to try custom roms etc. So if I install roms, does it just reboot, and I can just make calls straight away? or does the rom change modems etc? and if it does can I reinstall my modem drivers for my phone etc?? I dont know if im asking the right questions, but im sure people like me have been through here before. and id appreciate the help.

If you check the OP of the ROM you're looking for it should tell you if it has a modem included or not. If it doesn't, then there isn't any need to flash another. If it does, then just replace the modem in the zip with one compatible with your phone and you will be able to make calls fine. The only thing you might face is data not working if the correct APNs aren't present. Use an app like APN backup/restore to help with this.

A lot of the custom ROMs use the aroma installer which will give you options to install what you want/guide your choices.

Hsn_Mokbel

Jan 19, 2012
my note2 wont turn on

ASK THE QUESTION [NOOB FRIENDLY]

I am not a full time developer! So do not request any roms or apps from me. I only make roms for my self and friends. :)

This thread is created to help members [noobs] to understand more about android and the device itself.

I decided to create this thread because the developers already have enough work to do, they wont be able to answer all questions from members [noobs]. :)
I only owns the N7100 (galaxy note international model), but i will try by best to answer all of your questions using my experiences :) .

*** My time zone is GMT +7 (remember this)***
Check out my guides here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2055827

Thanks to these following members who helped me answer questions in this thread:
ObenDevin - Thanks to him for helping me answer lots of questions :)

i have a note 2 , i did a reset and i removed the battery while showing Samsung logo after i waited for 10 mins or more and since then it wont turn on and a small red light near the front camera flash whenever i press the on button ,any help ?

His.Dudeness

Feb 2, 2013
First of all yes if you flash any different rom you will lose warranty. But there are ways like rooting first then claim warranty back via TriangleAway and then flash Oficial ROM's via paid version of MobileOdin. You can find how to do them in this thread.

For your second problem, Your phones cable connector can be malfunctioning via bending or liquid contact. Check with another data cable for confirm if new cable doesn't solve problem contact to service in your region. Your data cable/recharger adapter could be broken if changing data cable/recharger has solved your problem you need to replace data cable/recharger. And there is a slight possibility that your android system has gone haywire and cannot determine how much battery left. You should make a complete wipe cache/fatory reset then empty your battery fully then recharge it to %100 capasity. If this gig doesn't work for you should contact to service in your region. What you told is impossible for new device.. I have mine about 2.5 months ago and still it goes about 2-3 days stand-by and 20-22 hours of on screen note taking..

Your third problem looks like you are using battery saving apps like JuiceDefender.. If you are using them it's normal for them to block mobile data for squeeze as much battery life as possible. There are variety on these programs so every program has own solution for it. You should look for them in those app's pages or help menus. :cool: If you are not using any kind of battery saving / battery life extending app then you should go to service and hand over your phone for repair. It is most likely a hardware problem..

If you stuck with anything you can ask here again, we will try to help you as we can.. :D

You are on very wrong page.. :D What you are asking us to do is like future reading.. :D You should go to development pages and follow favourite ROM's threads for this kind of insights.. There is developers and experienced ROM users talking, suggesting and exchanging opinions about custom ROMs future.. I don't know is anyone here follows them but i don't.. I'm merely trying to help with lots of questions/problems and no idea how to get help, where to look, what to do, etc..

Ok thanks, I'll try that. I first wanted to post in the Omega thread, but since I'm not allowed yet (less than 10 posts) I thought my best option would be here so that someone else maybe read it. Thanks again and I will try the favourite threads

Feb 14, 2013
Hunter Valley
I have an odd problem with my n7105t

CWM seems to cause the phone to go into a bootloop, or freeze, no matter what rom I use.

TWRP seems to work ok, but only when I install the rom thats made for the T model.

Anything else and I get an issue ive never seen before when installing a custom rom.

The samsung galaxy note 2 n7105t splash comes onto the screen, and then it wigs out hard, the only way I can describe it is like when you unplug a monitor from your computer while its on, and the image goes distorted

Ive never had this problem before with htc desire, galaxy nexus and gs3.

Any words of wisdom?

jjbk

Feb 16, 2013
If you check the OP of the ROM you're looking for it should tell you if it has a modem included or not. If it doesn't, then there isn't any need to flash another. If it does, then just replace the modem in the zip with one compatible with your phone and you will be able to make calls fine. The only thing you might face is data not working if the correct APNs aren't present. Use an app like APN backup/restore to help with this.

A lot of the custom ROMs use the aroma installer which will give you options to install what you want/guide your choices.

I was so noob when I made that post haha. I have since put omega on (but Its only for 7100) I have a 7105, screwed my baseband, but its my fault.
put wanam lite on and love it, trying jedi master rom and cygen etc later to see what's best.

I also had trouble rooting using odin latest version and some note 2 root.tar files, 4 attempts it wouldnt root it! auto cf root ended up doing it on the 5th attempt (1st go autocf root)

Such a learning experience. if I was to give feedback is. it is tooo confusing. and im tech minded!
but after reading DR ketan's post and guides and links. I did it quite easily. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2013
Hunter Valley
I have an odd problem with my n7105t

CWM seems to cause the phone to go into a bootloop, or freeze, no matter what rom I use.

TWRP seems to work ok, but only when I install the rom thats made for the T model.

Anything else and I get an issue ive never seen before when installing a custom rom.

The samsung galaxy note 2 n7105t splash comes onto the screen, and then it wigs out hard, the only way I can describe it is like when you unplug a monitor from your computer while its on, and the image goes distorted

Ive never had this problem before with htc desire, galaxy nexus and gs3.

Any words of wisdom?

hopefully its an issue with needing the r3p0 lsi video driver

faiqanuar

Feb 6, 2013
Hi guys,

I am wondering ehy I have a lot of zeros before reaching my storages,

Can anybody help?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361164359485.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361164359485.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 62

chubbyfatazn

Jul 22, 2012
Does anyone know if the screens produced for US variant Note 2s (i317, L900, T889) can be used in an international Note 2 (N7100)? Looking to replace the LCD of my international Note 2 myself and wanted to check before I purchase a screen originally made for a US Note 2.

The pictures I've seen show no noticeable discrepancies, but I don't really know.

unL33T

Jan 30, 2008
Ontario
Can anyone tell me why the built in wifi tethering feature doesn't work? I can see it on my computers but when I try to connect to it they just sit there trying to get an IP and nothing ever happens. If I use something like PDAnet+ then it works great but that one costs money. What's the point of having the built in app if it doesn't work?

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ASK THE QUESTION [NOOB FRIENDLY]

I am not a full time developer! So do not request any roms or apps from me. I only make roms for my self and friends. :)

This thread is created to help members [noobs] to understand more about android and the device itself.

I decided to create this thread because the developers already have enough work to do, they wont be able to answer all questions from members [noobs]. :)
    I only owns the N7100 (galaxy note international model), but i will try by best to answer all of your questions using my experiences :) .

*** My time zone is GMT +7 (remember this)***
    Check out my guides here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2055827

Thanks to these following members who helped me answer questions in this thread:
    ObenDevin - Thanks to him for helping me answer lots of questions :)
    Hi have posted this but not gwtting any joy...please can you have a look...attached
    Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Just try restarting your phone...

I had faced the same problem once and rebooting it solved that...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
    I'm having a great amount of trouble with my GN2 since i upgraded to my official 4.4.2 ROM via odin, most of the time when the device locks the screen it won't open again, no matter how much u wait or press the home button or the lock button again the display never wakes up again and then i have to keep pressing the lock button to reboot the phone, There seems nothing to b triggering this problem. It occurs randomly, Not associated with heavy usage or anything, I just don't know what's triggering it. ITS SO ANNOYING, when it occurs the alarms won't ring either, Even if i got a call the screen won't show it, Only black lighted screen... Kitkat is really bad upgrade

The device is: GT-n7100 running this flashed ROM N7100XXUFND4, Its my official one.
    Thanks in advance

Iam suffering from the same thing... Let me know if u could solve it.

Thanks for not helping...

What you're experiencing seems to be a sleep of death, where the phone, after entering deep sleep, fails to wakes up even when there's user input (i.e. pressing buttons). This usually occurs if one underclocks one's phone too much. Try installing Trickstermod, under Specific there's a Touch Wake option.

Personally I haven't encountered this problem, but I read about it in the AGNi kernel 4.4.2 purestock thread, which I have installed.

Thank me pls :cool:
    Hey. I'm have been having some problems ever since I rooted my phone (Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100). And I've been told that I might find the solution here. I've explained everything in this thread. http://xdaforums.com/general/xda-assist/cwm-recovery-problems-supersu-t2892020 I really need to get done with this . Your help will me much appreciated. Thanks.

If you are on 4.4, the method you tried might not work.

Method given below works for 4.4 and 4.3. Not sure about 4.1.2

Anyways, flash Philz recovery latest via ODIN.

Here is the Link: https://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/n7100/philz_touch_6.26.6-n7100.tar.md5/

Wait for green pass.

Now download SuperSu flashable zip

http://download.chainfire.eu/452/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip

Store the file on phone int.sd / ext.sd

Enter recovery using key combination.

Once inside Philz, choose "install as zip" , select the supersu zip and flash.

Reboot the device.

Open play store and update supersu if required.

Don't forget to press thumbs up if u found my suggestions helpful.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Allegedly there actually is some method to reset Knox counter on the devices with Exynos.
    Don't ask me, use google.

tetakpatalked from N7100

Unfortunately that method and flashing the knox reset zip is JUST for the note 3. Not any any other device.

Well here you go...

How to Reset knox on Note 3 Exynos.

I dont need google for this,fortunately XDA gave me a search option :)

"If someone helps, never forget to hit thanks ?"