[GUIDE] [ICS] Use Lock screen and Security Lock at the Same Time [All Xperia 2011]

Search This thread

Pranav Pandey

Recognized Developer
Apr 15, 2011
New Delhi
pranavpandey.com
Only for Sony Official 4.0.4
With Build No. 4.1.B.0.431/.587

Hello friends,

I don't know if anyone has posted it yet. So, I am just sharing my experience.

You all know that in ICS we can't use lock screen and security lock at the same time. By using this mod we can use both at the same time like in gingerbread. I am not posting modded file as all the ROMs has different files. So, by this guide you can implement it in your ROM yourself.

Instructions
Tested with NXT lock screen also
Make Backup first

Decompile you android.policy.jar and then, go to out\com\android\internal\policy\impl\ and open...

LockPatternKeyguardView.smali and search for this...

Code:
iput-boolean [COLOR="red"]v1[/COLOR], p0, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/LockPatternKeyguardView;->mShowLockBeforeUnlock:Z

then, change it to...

Note that there are two lines of the same code, you have to change only the first one [at line 157 or somewhere around], don't change the other one.

Code:
iput-boolean [COLOR="red"]v2[/COLOR], p0, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/LockPatternKeyguardView;->mShowLockBeforeUnlock:Z

done, now recompile and push it to your system/framework/ folder with correct permissions (rw-r--r--) and reboot.

If you liked my work, just click on Thanks button.

Last edited:
Y

yamin8000

nice and small guide
i will test it

---------- Post added at 03:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 AM ----------

thanks its worked for :
pattern
pin
password
faceunlock

Last edited:

Pranav Pandey

Recognized Developer
Apr 15, 2011
New Delhi
pranavpandey.com
Can u upload ur apk and androidpoliy iam using xnxt 11.1@pranav

Sent from my WT19i using xda app-developers app

No apk is required, only android.policy.jar. BTW it is already in xNXT™ 11.1. Go to AROMA -> xNXT™ Extras and then, select Security lock screen MOD, install and reboot. Then, set any security pattern or password and the lock screen will come up before the security lock.

Akshay Anand

Sep 25, 2012
new delhi
No apk is required, only android.policy.jar. BTW it is already in xNXT™ 11.1. Go to AROMA -> xNXT™ Extras and then, select Security lock screen MOD, install and reboot. Then, set any security pattern or password and the lock screen will come up before the security lock.

Apk for multiple small app mod

Sent from my WT19i using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Only for Sony Official 4.0.4
    With Build No. 4.1.B.0.431/.587

Hello friends,

I don't know if anyone has posted it yet. So, I am just sharing my experience.

You all know that in ICS we can't use lock screen and security lock at the same time. By using this mod we can use both at the same time like in gingerbread. I am not posting modded file as all the ROMs has different files. So, by this guide you can implement it in your ROM yourself.

Instructions
    Tested with NXT lock screen also
    Make Backup first

Decompile you android.policy.jar and then, go to out\com\android\internal\policy\impl\ and open...

LockPatternKeyguardView.smali and search for this...

Code:
    iput-boolean [COLOR="red"]v1[/COLOR], p0, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/LockPatternKeyguardView;->mShowLockBeforeUnlock:Z

then, change it to...

Note that there are two lines of the same code, you have to change only the first one [at line 157 or somewhere around], don't change the other one.

Code:
    iput-boolean [COLOR="red"]v2[/COLOR], p0, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/LockPatternKeyguardView;->mShowLockBeforeUnlock:Z

done, now recompile and push it to your system/framework/ folder with correct permissions (rw-r--r--) and reboot.

If you liked my work, just click on Thanks button.