Dolby Digital Plus/Dolby Headphone for Nexus 7

Search This thread

r9800pro

Oct 25, 2013
Is there any way to get Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby Headphone on Nexus 7 with software ?

I've had my Nexus 7 LTE for a few months now and can't run movies in virtual surround with headphones at all even with Viper4Android Mod that doesn't work at all with movies for me.

I've searched for any player that support these technologies for Nexus 7 and didn't find any. The only app that has all the features that I want is CineXPlayer HD but it is only available for iOS.

I was about to sell my Nexus 7 and get iPad Mini with Retina Display but read about its color accuracy problems and I can't handle iPad Air size so I decided to stick with my Nexus 7 hoping to find a solution.

Kindle Fire HDX and MS Surface 2 both have DD Plus, so why not the Nexus 7 ?

madbat99

Mar 1, 2014
Motorola Edge+ (2022)
Is there any way to get Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby Headphone on Nexus 7 with software ?

I've had my Nexus 7 LTE for a few months now and can't run movies in virtual surround with headphones at all even with Viper4Android Mod that doesn't work at all with movies for me.

I've searched for any player that support these technologies for Nexus 7 and didn't find any. The only app that has all the features that I want is CineXPlayer HD but it is only available for iOS.

I was about to sell my Nexus 7 and get iPad Mini with Retina Display but read about its color accuracy problems and I can't handle iPad Air size so I decided to stick with my Nexus 7 hoping to find a solution.

Kindle Fire HDX and MS Surface 2 both have DD Plus, so why not the Nexus 7 ?

Viper4android works fine for movies. You need selinux set to permissive though.