[Q] How do I embed the metadata that shows up in iTunes 11 on my Android 2.3 phone?

Search This thread

sk8223

Nov 10, 2012
Toronto
Google Pixel 4a
So I have around 1000 songs on iTunes that I want to transfer over to my phone since I just got a new SD card for it. The problem is, the ID3 tags that display correctly in iTunes show up as a bunch of jumbled characters on Android 2.3's default, as well as other music players including doubleTwist, Poweramp and so on. What's weird is that the phone only does this for certain songs. However, other songs using the same set of characters will display properly.

I've tried to sync my iTunes library with my phone using programs like doubleTwist and SnapPea already. Both produce the exact same result as dragging and dropping the files into my SD card's 'media' folder would--all they do is take the files from 'My Music' (the ones with the messed up ID3 tags) so the file titles are all messed up in the phone's music player.

For example, I have a song starting with the symbol 'θ' that will display properly on my phone but 'β' doesn't display... it turns it a Chinese character for some reason. I've used apps like ID3Fixer to no avail. Besides, it'd take too long for me to go through the metadata of 1000 songs... surely there's a way to fix this if iTunes can display them correctly? I've been looking for ways to forcibly embed the iTunes metadata onto the standalone files themselves (in 'My Music') but I still haven't found anything. In fact, the ID3 tags for these songs are messed up outside iTunes because I only edited their metadata in iTunes in the first place.

Any help at all is appreciated. Thanks.