Opinion: S5 Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Br4nd3n

Sep 20, 2013
Hello! I am highly considering getting the S5 tomorrow, I'll be using the at&t next plan which will actually save me money.

However I am on a rooted and flashed MDL S4 which I realize is amazing, since it's not de-qfused.

AT&T said I can get the S5 for a cheaper plan and $50 down, or I could trade in my S4 for $115 credit to cover it all. Should I still keep my S4 and pay the $50 and sell it individually? I think they're going for roughly $250+ still right?

I could also keep the S4 as a backup phone, since it is fully flashable on MDL. Does anyone think the S5 will eventually be flashable and rootable? The reason I am highly considering getting it is for the upgraded camera, as I use it the most. I've already played with a display model in-store and it's feels phenomenonal over the S4 in various ways.

Opinions people?

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Hello! I am highly considering getting the S5 tomorrow, I'll be using the at&t next plan which will actually save me money.

However I am on a rooted and flashed MDL S4 which I realize is amazing, since it's not de-qfused.

AT&T said I can get the S5 for a cheaper plan and $50 down, or I could trade in my S4 for $115 credit to cover it all. Should I still keep my S4 and pay the $50 and sell it individually? I think they're going for roughly $250+ still right?

I could also keep the S4 as a backup phone, since it is fully flashable on MDL. Does anyone think the S5 will eventually be flashable and rootable? The reason I am highly considering getting it is for the upgraded camera, as I use it the most. I've already played with a display model in-store and it's feels phenomenonal over the S4 in various ways.

Opinions people?

With the current state of locked S4's, I wouldn't count on the AT&T S5 seeing AOSP ROMs for a while if at all. If you don't want AOSP again until a new phone, then sell the S4. Otherwise, you could keep it around.

SouthernEvo

Aug 6, 2010
Jacksonville FL
For me personally I don't think you will see the S5 rooted . Rumor mills have been churning out all variations of the device will have a locked bootloader . With that being said its possible for root to be achieved but in light of what has been seen in terms of progress on the S4 I wouldn't place money on it . Hell I could be proven wrong simply by typing that but but I doubt it . I have previously owned the S3 and S4 , Both phones were rooted and I absolutely loved them both . As carrier bloatware continues (AT&T) , I want a device I control not the carrier not the manufacturer . For the average user the S5 will more than likely be a very well equipped phone for "their" needs . With that being said , Samsung's actions in terms of locking down software has swayed me to either move to a Nexus device direct from Google . Or even possibly send me in the direction of HTC , which as a company has recorded losses so eh not sure about betting on that horse either . All of this is strictly my two cents .

dave5777

The next plan is a high interest rip off better off paying $199 on a 2 year contract. In one year on next at something like $28 a month you're paying around $336 a year. I agree with rebel Att can have their locked bootloaders.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Opinions people?

With the current state of locked S4's, I wouldn't count on the AT&T S5 seeing AOSP ROMs for a while if at all. If you don't want AOSP again until a new phone, then sell the S4. Otherwise, you could keep it around.
    Rooted and Safestrap maybe; bootloader unlocked or ever run AOSP no.
    Rooted and Safestrap maybe; bootloader unlocked or ever run AOSP no.

Exactly. Welcome to the new Samsung. Trading my S4 for a Nexus 5 as soon as possible. I really miss 180Mb roms and 45Mb gapps. AOSP on any new locked bl Sammy is a pipe dream at this point.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app