Does anyone on sprint htc one m8 have texting & calling over wifi ?

Search This thread

Roefastford

Oct 18, 2011
Does anyone on sprint htc one m8 have texting & calling over wifi with the sprint service ?

Asking because I have very weak service at home with all cell providers including verizon and sprint is even worse and if texting over wifi and calling over wifi works with sprint then I will buy a sprint htc one m8 and get it flashed to boost mobile or some other sprint mvno.

Hopefully someone with a m8 on sprint that knows how to turn their radio off and can turn their radio off somewhere that they have wifi coverage and try sending a text over wifi and see if the text will actually send over wifi.

weidnerj

May 24, 2010
Does anyone on sprint htc one m8 have texting & calling over wifi with the sprint service ?

Asking because I have very weak service at home with all cell providers including verizon and sprint is even worse and if texting over wifi and calling over wifi works with sprint then I will buy a sprint htc one m8 and get it flashed to boost mobile or some other sprint mvno.

Hopefully someone with a m8 on sprint that knows how to turn their radio off and can turn their radio off somewhere that they have wifi coverage and try sending a text over wifi and see if the text will actually send over wifi.

No. If you want that, you need to look at Samsung. http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint-wifi-calling-poised-debut-two-samsung-phones

The other option is contact Sprint and tell them that you have bad Sprint service in your house. Possible that they could "tune" a tower or see if a tower will be upgrade to 800 mhz service, etc. If they can't fix it at the tower level, they always the option of a Airave. I got an Airave for work since I work in a brick building by contacting dan@sprint.com.