Android Kitkat update is not available for my note 10.1 2014 ed.

Search This thread

seawhale

Aug 10, 2011
I am checking my new note 2014 edition for software update (kitkat 4.4) but it says there is no new updates available, while it currently runs jelly bean 4.3.

I got the Kitkat update already in my note 3, I live in Egypt

Any advice please?

Lympe

Sep 21, 2011
Since they are releasing it to 2-3 countries per month, possibly you have to wait another 6 to 300 months. Patience my friend. Samsung is working hard for us!!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Geordie Affy

red321red321

Oct 28, 2013
I am checking my new note 2014 edition for software update (kitkat 4.4) but it says there is no new updates available, while it currently runs jelly bean 4.3.

I got the Kitkat update already in my note 3, I live in Egypt

Any advice please?

consider yourself lucky. kitkt will kill your batterly life

buster19

Feb 5, 2006
Since they are releasing it to 2-3 countries per month, possibly you have to wait another 6 to 300 months. Patience my friend. Samsung is working hard for us!!!

so true ... the update politics from Samsung is really disappointing (imho also the device quality) - definitely my last Samsung tablet.

cmit37

Jun 23, 2010
Damn you Samsung - been waiting to get update on my UK P600 long enough! Despite all its nice features its going on Ebay as soon as the next larger screened Nexus tablet is out. I thought the slow updates wouldn't bother me when I ponied-up for the premium price and that the multi window and digitizer would compensate for it but instead I prefer to get shiny new os updates (official ones) more ?

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Free mobile app

Seadart

Jun 27, 2013
I agree with cmit37 - what is Samsung up to? Been seeing messages that it is coming any day since begin of the year - now late July and still no KitKat

rushless

Jan 16, 2008
Considering 4.3 works fine with same performance and sd card writes work, seems no KitKat update is a good thing. I'm staying on 4.3 :)

Skinhead1967

Feb 23, 2014
Me too, my first & last Samsung tablet.

Their update policy is 5Hi7 and I am now looking very carefully at ditching both Samsung Tablet & Phone for an Ipad & Iphone, because of this. It's fecking naff.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

You are completely deluded if you think that. If they were they would have had the updates for this tablet done & dusted by now, they haven't!

They're too busy looking at 2015-2016's tablets & once they've got your money they don't give a feck!

Lympe

Sep 21, 2011

Their update policy is 5Hi7 and I am now looking very carefully at ditching both Samsung Tablet & Phone for an Ipad & Iphone, because of this. It's fecking naff.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

You are completely deluded if you think that. If they were they would have had the updates for this tablet done & dusted by now, they haven't!

They're too busy looking at 2015-2016's tablets & once they've got your money they don't give a feck!

Obviously you missed my sarcasm...

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Reactions: poplectic

ursbrbalaji

Aug 19, 2012
singapore
Singapore

Hi All,

I bought P605 in singapore I cannot find Kitkat Stock rom in sammobile, means no kitkat update from samsung yet.

Can I flash the firmware from any other country?

poplectic

Jun 16, 2011
South Shields

Yeah, I'm finding myself thinking about the rumours of a large iphone. A big screened iphone and an iPad would be a nice combo especially if you find slow or non existent updates annoying. If I'm thinking it others will be doing it.

Get your act together Samsung!

cmit37

Jun 23, 2010
Galaxy 10.1 2014 now sold. It was nice tablet but I learned my lesson about Samsung's timely updates.

Nexus 9 preordered. Bring on 3rd November :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Geordie Affy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Obviously you missed my sarcasm...

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    Galaxy 10.1 2014 now sold. It was nice tablet but I learned my lesson about Samsung's timely updates.

Nexus 9 preordered. Bring on 3rd November :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app