[OTA LEAK] VZW Droid 3 Update 5.7.894 From Staging Server

Search This thread

Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Hi Guys,

As promised here is the actual OTA leak .zip pulled from a staging server on 11/03. This needs to be installed via your STOCK RECOVERY, this doesn't work in Safestrap or Koush's CWRecovery.

[ WARNING: I want to repeat my earlier warning that if you plan on installing this: HAVE A ROOT KEEPER INSTALLED (mount_ext3.sh / loadpreinstall.sh modified to set suid on the su binary on boot). CURRENT 1-CLICK ROOT WILL NOT WORK. If you search the Bionic boards there are many users asking for help where they lost root applying a similar OTA leak like this one for their phones. I would hate for the D3 community to be in a similar situation. ]

** I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ILL EFFECTS OF THIS OTA LEAK OR IF YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE -- WHEN IN DOUBT, DON'T USE THIS **

** And, I know that the file name is our current version. It's something Verizon does with the patch filenames where they use the version of the OS that it applies to.

Details of the update:
BUILD ID: 5.5.1_84_D3G-64
BUILD DATE: Mon Oct 31 11:31:36 CDT 2011
BUILD VERSION FULL: Blur_Version.5.7.894.XT862.Verizon.en.US
BASEBAND VERSION: N_03.18.2EP

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?x6ltlt51aa98hgw
md5sum: 93f535d986b94a810a00530ea722ea69

[ Edit 11/07: added the baseband version ]

Last edited:

limaxray

Aug 8, 2008
Thank you for sharing this.

Do the fastboot files that we have still work after applying this? My main concern is that it could replace the signing key making it impossible to downgrade to a rootable version.

verkerria

Mar 13, 2011
Does anyone know what this file improves or breaks?

Droid 1 Rooted (ChevyNo1 0.9MV Kernel, LGB2.6)
Droid 3 Rooted (Stock Kernel, Custom lite De-bloat)

ChaoticWeaponry

Oct 23, 2011
Hashcode does this update also include the update to the kernel?
Thanks.

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA App

eXecuter.bin

May 10, 2011
The update won't commence even if you modified one file from /system/.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Grimace78

Mar 7, 2011
I am WAY too new at this stuff to take a chance on bricking a brand new phone unless it really seems like it is worth it. How much better is the overall performance supposed to be with this upgrade?

ChaoticWeaponry

Oct 23, 2011
I am WAY too new at this stuff to take a chance on bricking a brand new phone unless it really seems like it is worth it. How much better is the overall performance supposed to be with this upgrade?
I would expect something pretty significant, due to the file including a kernel update..

gkitab

Jun 17, 2010
It says in the op that its not rootable using one click root, you need rootkeeper.

Thanks, just got it.

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

It should be if its 2.3.5. Im assuming the cam is like the one in the dx2 ATRIX port. If so its good stuff the continuous focus is much faster, and has other focus options. Then we can add the camera tweaks that are already out there.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys,

As promised here is the actual OTA leak .zip pulled from a staging server on 11/03. This needs to be installed via your STOCK RECOVERY, this doesn't work in Safestrap or Koush's CWRecovery.

[ WARNING: I want to repeat my earlier warning that if you plan on installing this: HAVE A ROOT KEEPER INSTALLED (mount_ext3.sh / loadpreinstall.sh modified to set suid on the su binary on boot). CURRENT 1-CLICK ROOT WILL NOT WORK. If you search the Bionic boards there are many users asking for help where they lost root applying a similar OTA leak like this one for their phones. I would hate for the D3 community to be in a similar situation. ]

** I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ILL EFFECTS OF THIS OTA LEAK OR IF YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE -- WHEN IN DOUBT, DON'T USE THIS **

** And, I know that the file name is our current version. It's something Verizon does with the patch filenames where they use the version of the OS that it applies to.

Details of the update:
    BUILD ID: 5.5.1_84_D3G-64
    BUILD DATE: Mon Oct 31 11:31:36 CDT 2011
    BUILD VERSION FULL: Blur_Version.5.7.894.XT862.Verizon.en.US
    BASEBAND VERSION: N_03.18.2EP

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?x6ltlt51aa98hgw
    md5sum: 93f535d986b94a810a00530ea722ea69

[ Edit 11/07: added the baseband version ]
    Download OTA Rootkeeper from the marketplace, back up su with it, update, then restore su with it.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
    If anyone is waiting on installing this it was easy. No wiping, SBF back to .890 using RSDLite, use Pete's root tools and root device. Download OTA Rootkeeper off of the market, use it, Flash new OTA from recovery, use OTA Rootkeeper to install root once more.

If you're not sure on performance, for me I definitely believe the UI performance to have been improved, list scrolling, pulldown scrolling seems a little better

Camera is noticeably quicker and seems more stable. The phone seems less "stodgy" when the app is running.

Sleep works
    Deodexed 5.7.894
    http://www.multiupload.com/USJ1FEDVNK

CRC32 - 7EA1CA6B
    md5 - 7244A2EF5F13A67F52D1659914139198
    SHA-1 - 5F1E6DF13E26646A3FEC576EDE6B77AA8F77250C
    well let me start off by saying monster didnt work for me. i installed, wiped data/cache, and rebooted and it would not boot up. the screen was on but stayed black as if it was a bad boot animation. i gave it 13 minutes to boot and it did not. Mav did keep new baseband and kernal

only mav will flash for me. liberty, dark droid, and monster will not boot up after flashing. i guess its safe to say thank god i was using safestrap or mightve really fubar'd it

Tonight, I can do some tests on ROMs using the 5.6.890 /system files. I went ahead and aplied 5.7.894 so that I could look for potential issues and test the CM7 build.

On a side note, I've read 3-4 threads between the Droid 3 forums and the Bionic forums where users had to SBF because they "did something wrong" and were using Koush's Bootstrap.. nice to see that Safestrap is doing what it's supposed to do.