anyone willing to make me a simple custom ROM?

Search This thread

dahanist

Mar 5, 2009
Hi,
I am wanting a very simple custom rom but I am not sure how to "cook" one.
I've read the tutorials, etc.. but I'm still very confused.
I will try to get a hang of it, so I can make a truly customied Rom, but in a mean while can someone be kind enough to make me a basic custom ROM?

All I need/want is a UK ROM (or any english based rom) with Korean fonts, Korean Keyboard, Korean Thumb keyboard, Powerdic (All theses are pre-included in SKTELCOM ROM).
Korean Thumb Keyboard is like the one in HTC devices where you can type letters with onscreen number pad (I believe it's called "SKY II" in the Korean ROM)

Basically, I need an English ROM with full Korean Support. (powerdic is a dictionary program included in Korean ROM)
I could install softwares to my X1 with English ROM to get a similar result, and I tried but the result wasn't perfect - I was not able to read at some conditions and not able to write sometimes as well)

Can anyone PLEASE be kind enough to make one for me?
I hope it won't take that long..

Thanks for looking.

theredundant

Nov 28, 2008
no one will do it for free. you should consider giving some incentives, otherwise everyones' gonna ignore you

jerpelea

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 7, 2006
Lund
sites.google.com
Hi,
I am wanting a very simple custom rom but I am not sure how to "cook" one.
I've read the tutorials, etc.. but I'm still very confused.
I will try to get a hang of it, so I can make a truly customied Rom, but in a mean while can someone be kind enough to make me a basic custom ROM?

All I need/want is a UK ROM (or any english based rom) with Korean fonts, Korean Keyboard, Korean Thumb keyboard, Powerdic (All theses are pre-included in SKTELCOM ROM).
Korean Thumb Keyboard is like the one in HTC devices where you can type letters with onscreen number pad (I believe it's called "SKY II" in the Korean ROM)

Basically, I need an English ROM with full Korean Support. (powerdic is a dictionary program included in Korean ROM)
I could install softwares to my X1 with English ROM to get a similar result, and I tried but the result wasn't perfect - I was not able to read at some conditions and not able to write sometimes as well)

Can anyone PLEASE be kind enough to make one for me?
I hope it won't take that long..

Thanks for looking.

for this you have my kitchen
just use it
br

Cheeze[iT]

Dec 4, 2008
Dallas, Tx
You should try to cook it yourself? Maybe instead, ask for like a "How To Cook Basic Rom" guide or something. Just like being able to take someones rom and maybe tweak it a bit to your own liking? Less hassle for them and puts more control into your own hands.

dahanist

Mar 5, 2009
You should try to cook it yourself? Maybe instead, ask for like a "How To Cook Basic Rom" guide or something. Just like being able to take someones rom and maybe tweak it a bit to your own liking? Less hassle for them and puts more control into your own hands.

Thanks for the reply.
I've actually read some tutorials and guides but could not fully understand.
So, I went one to try something, and I wasn't going anywhere.
First of all, I didn't know what folders had what, and did not configure how to mix components. :(

jackleung

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 10, 2005
USA
Most audience in here are English user. For this kind of language specific request, normally you should look for forums in yr language community. I am not sure about Korean, but I know there's a lot of those forums for Chinese and Russian (in fact, many of them are really hard-core hacker).

dahanist

Mar 5, 2009
The reason I need help from ENG speaking people is that I live in Canada and I use my phone in this country.
Sadly, Korea uses a bit different structure for mobile phones and there are a few things that work differently - for example, SMS feature is a lot different.
Since I am a Korean-Canadian, I use Korean language as well.
Only thing I need is Korean language input/output, and possibly ABC tabs in contact list converted in Korean Language - I think I can find a way for this by modifying some registries.

If someone can at least make Packages from SKTELCOM ROM, then I guess I can finish the rest.

I tried extracting and got stuck in making them into packages..
Plus, I don't know where the language related files are usually located from the extracted stuff..

Last edited:

fards

Inactive Recognized Developer
The reason I need help from ENG speaking people is that I live in Canada and I use my phone in this country.
Sadly, Korea uses a bit different structure for mobile phones and there are a few things that work differently - for example, SMS feature is a lot different.
Since I am a Korean-Canadian, I use Korean language as well.
Only thing I need is Korean language input/output, and possibly ABC tabs in contact list converted in Korean Language - I think I can find a way for this by modifying some registries.

If someone can at least make Packages from SKTELCOM ROM, then I guess I can finish the rest.

I tried extracting and got stuck in making them into packages..
Plus, I don't know where the language related files are usually located from the extracted stuff..

Well I've just cooked you one, in fact two, but it's not booting. I'll try again tomorrow.

If you use evrius ultilanguage GUI rom kitchen, it'll extract the rom from nbh and make it into packages, it's all pretty easy to do. Then do the same with the UK (or NA) one and combine, but it's not happened with me tonight.
Language files are all those in 412 folders.

dahanist

Mar 5, 2009
WOW, Thanks so much for trying that for me.
I will also try to make something out of it with the info you gave me.

Spixe1

Mar 20, 2009
Well I've just cooked you one, in fact two, but it's not booting. I'll try again tomorrow.

If you use evrius ultilanguage GUI rom kitchen, it'll extract the rom from nbh and make it into packages, it's all pretty easy to do. Then do the same with the UK (or NA) one and combine, but it's not happened with me tonight.
Language files are all those in 412 folders.

hi fards, just curious if you might have been successful in the cooked rom dahanist was looking for. I'm in the same situation, except I live in korea and cant really take advantage of the phone with a full korean OS, so i want to install an English OS but keep all the korean compatibility for sms, input, etc. Figured this might do the trick. Any luck yet?

By the way, there's a seperate thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=500446) where several people in my position are willing to pay money for a good cooked English ROM with korean language support, how's that for incentive?

Last edited: