[SOLVED] SuperSU binary conflict with Reboot fix in 15.4.A.1.9

Search This thread

bananabee

Aug 10, 2013
Quezon City
I flashed the new 15.4.a.1.9 firmware and tried rooting it with the same method I did with the previous firmware 15.4.a.0.23 (which was working). After applying the reboot fix, I tried to open SuperSU but it displayed a warning "There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem!" But when I reinstalled SuperSU from SD through recovery mode, phone gets stuck at bootloop when rebooting. Tried to take out SD card and it escaped bootloop, but I don't really want to do that every time because Link2SD won't load apps when SD card is taken out at phone startup.

Basically, it's either I have a missing su binary caused by reboot fix, or a problem with bootloop.

Should I just return to the older firmware or there is somehow a way to go around this? Thanks in advance. [emoji4]

Sent from my C1904 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

prmbasheer

Jun 12, 2013
Calgary
LG V50 ThinQ
LG V60 ThinQ
I flashed the new 15.4.a.1.9 firmware and tried rooting it with the same method I did with the previous firmware 15.4.a.0.23 (which was working). After applying the reboot fix, I tried to open SuperSU but it displayed a warning "There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem!" But when I reinstalled SuperSU from SD through recovery mode, phone gets stuck at bootloop when rebooting. Tried to take out SD card and it escaped bootloop, but I don't really want to do that every time because Link2SD won't load apps when SD card is taken out at phone startup.

Basically, it's either I have a missing su binary caused by reboot fix, or a problem with bootloop.

Should I just return to the older firmware or there is somehow a way to go around this? Thanks in advance. [emoji4]

I am facing the same problem. Root fixer causes this. I am clueless at the moment. Going to reflash ROM.

bananabee

Aug 10, 2013
Quezon City
I am facing the same problem. Root fixer causes this. I am clueless at the moment. Going to reflash ROM.
I have found a way. Upon applying reboot fix, open Link2SD. In Settings, uncheck "relink lib files at boot" and "relink dex files at boot". Then turn off your phone and reinstall SuperSU from SD at recovery mode. Then reboot system. It should boot normally. Mine did. Hope this helps

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts