Search This thread

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
I'm still waiting on my own device to even test this. :(

Sent using XDA-funded carrier pigeons

You are not alone buddy... ;)

But day by day I'm colder and colder and really believe... whenit finally arrive - I'll sell it and move on for Gear on even Sony Smartwatch2...

Maybe will even wait for LG...

Firmware on TS is very bad, it destroys battery (0% battery problem) and all TS will be dead very fast if something isn't changed...

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pizzaman79

Jul 4, 2008
Leiden
You are not alone buddy... ;)

But day by day I'm colder and colder and really believe... whenit finally arrive - I'll sell it and move on for Gear on even Sony Smartwatch2...

Maybe will even wait for LG...

Firmware on TS is very bad, it destroys battery in every charging and all TS will be dead very fast if something isn't changed...

Yes Omate has a lot to fix. Do you know a quotable source about the battery being destroyed with every charge?

funky0308

Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Yes Omate has a lot to fix. Do you know a quotable source about the battery being destroyed with every charge?

No...
I just talked to Loki and that's something that quite obvious.

It won't be literally destroyed but firmware and kernel have serious problems.

There's no right mechanism to stop total discharge of battery so, eventually, if Omate don't find solution, battery will be unusable...

Also, many users confirmed their battery are physically damaged.

Sorry but I don't have links, all that was my personal opinions or opinions from users on G+ and XDA.

ClearD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
That seems right as well. I'd read the same. I'm on my honeymoon right now, so maybe by the time we get back from the beach, my watch will have arrived...

funky0308

Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
That seems right as well. I'd read the same. I'm on my honeymoon right now, so maybe by the time we get back from the beach, my watch will have arrived...

Take your time....mate.
I thought TS will be fun
Honeymoon is way more funnier..., at least mine was... :p

9100_it

Jan 29, 2006
savona
We really neew more info if you need help mate...

What did you do?
You flashed something?
Which version you have? (1900/2100, UI 1.0, 2.0, 2.1)?

ok...
i have try to use the "Omate TrueSmart Root tool 1.2.1" => http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51808413&postcount=1
my device is 2100 UI 2.0 1GB Ram/8Gb Rom 2100 Mhz Eu
i have try: Root, Recovery and Patch
but now the device is stopped in the start logo omate! :(

i have wait 8 mounth and i have used 8 minutes!!!!! ahahahha LoL :(

LeighR

Aug 17, 2012
I also have a 2100 1/8 v2 and I don't think the patch is compatible with our watches. You'll need to reflash the firmware - check that you get the same version

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Free mobile app

lssong99

Jul 15, 2005
ok...
i have try to use the "Omate TrueSmart Root tool 1.2.1" => http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51808413&postcount=1

The root tools is not compatible with latest 4th list 1/8/2100.

Please see my post http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2758733
to see how to get back. I also have a system FW dump which works ONLY and exclusively for this version of TS there.

Sent from my HTC_One_max using XDA Premium HD app

analogital

May 8, 2008
Freezed at Boot Logo

Got Omate 2 days ago, tried to root but it freezes at Boot Logo,

Do you have any suggestion? the "[GUIDE] How to "UnBrick/Return to Stock" your Omate TrueSmart Watch x201" wont work :(

ClearD

Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
Got Omate 2 days ago, tried to root but it freezes at Boot Logo,

Do you have any suggestion? the "[GUIDE] How to "UnBrick/Return to Stock" your Omate TrueSmart Watch x201" wont work :(

I'm not yet sure. Did you check the post right before yours? Also, I've gotta wait until my watch comes to actually update this. I've still not received my kickstarter US dev edition watch yet.

netdragon

Dec 1, 2008
My TS stopped at logo screen

My TS stopped at Logo screen by "Omate TrueSmart Root tool 1.2.1"(Root, Recovery and Patch).
1-8 G 2100.
I am trying to fix it now. Do not try this(1-8 G 2100)!
It took me more than 3 hours.

Arnibarniboy

Nov 27, 2013
BRICK!!!!

Hey Guys I have a BIG problem. I don't know wich version of the Simvallay Mobile Smart Whatch I have but i could root it on a very funny way.....
I used the Root tool V1.0 because I first don't saw that there was a v1.2.1....
The normal Rooting Progress don't work so i tried following:
The Superuser.apk file which was unpacked from the exe file I replaced it with the Framaroot-1.9.3.apk (This is the only way I could install the APK because i don't have a Micro SD Card)
So your Programm installed the Framaroot app instead off superuser and i rooted it successfully with it :D

So far so good but i wanted the TWRP recovery also. So I recognized the v1.2.1 and tried this.
I tried it with the root, recovery and patch option and it first seemed to work. Everything looked ok in the CMD window and two more apps were installed in the smart watch.
But after the reboot there was no recovery and it stuck at the Bootscreen :eek: :crying: :(

Please help me i don't know what to do now...
When there is a way to reflash an official firmware so please tell me how.
I used it only two days and don't want to throw it away... :crying:

ClearD

Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
This tool was literally only for the Omate TrueSmart version 1. I've removed all links, as I don't own the device any longer. You may be able to download and flash a rom back onto your device using the mtk tools, if you can locate them in this forum area. Due to the ridiculous amount of variants of this device, a single solid root tool is virtually impossible. That's why other developers have also migrated away from it. I left this here for nostalgia, but realize that was a mistake. Again, look for the mtk tools and they may help you flash a rom back to your device.

Reactions: Arnibarniboy

Arnibarniboy

Nov 27, 2013
This tool was literally only for the Omate TrueSmart version 1. I've removed all links, as I don't own the device any longer. You may be able to download and flash a rom back onto your device using the mtk tools, if you can locate them in this forum area. Due to the ridiculous amount of variants of this device, a single solid root tool is virtually impossible. That's why other developers have also migrated away from it. I left this here for nostalgia, but realize that was a mistake. Again, look for the mtk tools and they may help you flash a rom back to your device.

I'm sorry but how can I find out what version I exactly have? And I also know that there is the MTK Tool but I lost the ADB settings, so it can't connect correcty to it. In the left corner the color is blue :eek:
I have much experience in flashing my Galaxy S4 device but I have the Smartwhatch only since 3 days now and bricked it yesterday.
It would be great if anybody can help me with this problem cause I'm a "smartwach flash noob" :(
PS: The MTK Tool is also very complex in my opinion and I absolutely don't know how to flash a firmware if i even had the correct one for my device :crying:

PPS: I don't know maybe i could do something with the Factory Mode ( There is a Recovery mode and factory mode) but i can only see chinese symbols and reboot system :p

Last edited:

haybill

Apr 13, 2012
Somewhere in Europe
Hi @ ClearD,
Just a quick question- has development for the Omate Truesmart all but stopped?
I know that Lokifish, and it seems, yourself have ceased work-do you know of any devs still doing stuff?

ClearD

Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
I don't personally know any. With Omate putting out so many new devices so frequently too, it's hard to keep track. But due to the sheer number of variants of this one device alone, a single rom or root tool is virtually impossible to make that will work with everything.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I PROJECT IS ON HOLD UNTIL MY TRUESMART ARRIVES. THIS TOOL IS CURRENTLY ONLY PARTIALLY FUNCTIONAL. DO NOT USE IT YET.

Hey guys, this is the official thread for my Omate TrueSmart Root Tool. Using it, it will automatically (and with one click) root your device, install TWRP OpenRecovery 2.7, and install Lokifish Marz' EnSec Security Patch. It will also soon be able to backup and restore entire roms via images.

Version 1.0.0 only contains the Root and Reboot into Recovery functions, and recovery is not yet included. The next iteration, 1.2.1 (many iterations between the two already) is almost complete, and will include all of the above functions minus the return to stock buttons. Those will likely be their own app, due to the very large file size required.

6sx9b5.png

Release version:
    Download:
    Code:
    Removed due to incompatibilities

Ensure you've got USB Debugging turned on in Settings > Developer Options before trying to root.

Also, keep in mind. I don't yet have a device, so a dedicated tester with a device in hand would be nice. *hint hint*

Alpha test version:
    Download:
    Code:
    Removed due to incompatibilities
    Changelog:

4/18/2014 - 1.2.1 - Added EnSec recovery to root function, as well as TWRP recovery. Added EnSec, Backup, adb restore, fastboot restore, and credits buttons.

4/10/2014 - 1.0.0 - Root and reboot into recovery functions added. Initial release.
    ok...

The root tools is not compatible with latest 4th list 1/8/2100.

Please see my post http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2758733
    to see how to get back. I also have a system FW dump which works ONLY and exclusively for this version of TS there.

Sent from my HTC_One_max using XDA Premium HD app
    It is so odd to me, the way the TrueSmart ships. My understanding is that the user on these devices is running as superuser with full root privileges straight out of the box. So, any programs the user runs all run with root privileges as well. This totally open mode confuses APS that ask for root via su, which is missing on the TrueSmart, and so they get a fail when asking for the root privs and they quit or something like that. Other, evil, APS like might be downloaded and run via driveby downloads for example, will run as root because they inherit the user privs.

I know Loki's EnSec patch installs su and a superuser app like maybe Chainfire's, but I don't know what else it does.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...artwa/comments?cursor=6714392#comment-6714391

and that's just a partial explanation. You know that ransomware story that came out. That can be done via websites, some of which are in the blocked hosts file.