[Q] Device name question.

Search This thread

Goneeuro

Aug 8, 2011
Hudson
Hi everyone. I am attempting to buld my first ROM and am following a guide to build beanstalk. I am at a point that confuses me. The comand is "breakfast (Device name)". Is this just looking for "n7100" or is there a speacial name I have to put there? Thanks!!

PS: Before anyone say this is not the place for this, Id like to say sorry first. IF i can get this to work and I get permision from scott this will turn into a new Beanstalk build thread.

Bert.C

Aug 21, 2010
It depends on the Beanstalk build environment setup. Your best bet is to PM someone that has already built for a device and ask them.

Just something to try, you could try the breakfast command without typing anything after it and see if your device name shows up then.

When I started building from source, I have never used the breakfast command, only lunch and make.

Goneeuro

Aug 8, 2011
Hudson
Thanks for the reply. I am running into another problem thats a step before that. I am trying to get the curl command to work. It creates a file called repo but when I try to do the next command repo init "blahblah" I get an error code saying syntay error Doctype HTML. The only thing I can think of is that the repo file should be a python script but is getting saved as html. I dont know how to fix this. Can someone post there repo file. This is the code to I am using to create the repo file.

curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > ~/bin/repo

It depends on the Beanstalk build environment setup. Your best bet is to PM someone that has already built for a device and ask them.

Just something to try, you could try the breakfast command without typing anything after it and see if your device name shows up then.

When I started building from source, I have never used the breakfast command, only lunch and make.

Bert.C

Aug 21, 2010
Thanks for the reply. I am running into another problem thats a step before that. I am trying to get the curl command to work. It creates a file called repo but when I try to do the next command repo init "blahblah" I get an error code saying syntay error Doctype HTML. The only thing I can think of is that the repo file should be a python script but is getting saved as html. I dont know how to fix this. Can someone post there repo file. This is the code to I am using to create the repo file.

curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > ~/bin/repo

Have you got that big list of dependencies installed? If you dont know what I mean, search for aosp amd setting up build environment and theres a list of packages that need imstalling, python beimg one of them.

Actually looking at that link I dont think thats where my repo come from. If you can wait until tomorrow when Im back at my pc Ill sort out a step by step guide if you want? As in noob starting from scratch guide that I followed to get set up.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Goneeuro

Aug 8, 2011
Hudson
Have you got that big list of dependencies installed? If you dont know what I mean, search for aosp amd setting up build environment and theres a list of packages that need imstalling, python beimg one of them.

Actually looking at that link I dont think thats where my repo come from. If you can wait until tomorrow when Im back at my pc Ill sort out a step by step guide if you want? As in noob starting from scratch guide that I followed to get set up.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Yeah. I had a wrong link in the curl command. It was an old link. I googled it and replaced it, now everything seems to be working. Lets see though. Any help you can give though I would apreciate it.

Bert.C

Aug 21, 2010
Yeah. I had a wrong link in the curl command. It was an old link. I googled it and replaced it, now everything seems to be working. Lets see though. Any help you can give though I would apreciate it.

What steps have you already taken mate? Start from the very beginning if you can and we shall get you up and running in no time at all (unless you already are?)

Goneeuro

Aug 8, 2011
Hudson
Hi. I got it syncing now. Thanks. The next command I'm not to sure of is the breakfast command.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Goneeuro

Aug 8, 2011
Hudson
Ok. Next question. Where or how do I get the device specific files for the note 2 so I can try to build the newest beanstalk. I thought they would automatically come from CM but the device isnt supported. Not sure if I mentioned this or not before but I have never done this before so it is a learning experience for me.