sdcard wiped, Rom in loop

Search This thread

p1mpin

Dec 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
Hey guys, I accidentley wiped my sdcard when I reunlocked the bootloader. I have a custom rom that was on previously but its stock in a loop. I tried to push another room using adb sideload but when i do I got * Cannot read 'sideload'. I dont know any other way i can connect the phone to computer to flash another rom. please help.

Thanks

Update:

I can push the rom but i get this error when trying to install "E: unable to mount 'data' "

Last edited:

JudgeFutta

Hey guys, I accidentley wiped my sdcard when I reunlocked the bootloader. I have a custom rom that was on previously but its stock in a loop. I tried to push another room using adb sideload but when i do I got * Cannot read 'sideload'. I dont know any other way i can connect the phone to computer to flash another rom. please help.

Thanks

Update:

I can push the rom but i get this error when trying to install "E: unable to mount 'data' "

when I had that problem, I ended up wiping everything and then rebooted to recovery and it finally worked.

Reactions: p1mpin

StormyNight

Dec 31, 2013
Hyderabad

Thanks

Update:

Try what @JudgeFutta said. The error's most likely due to corrupt partitions.

manish dubey

Aug 25, 2009
Indore

Thanks

Update:

Try to get in Recovery and from mount option mount system and then try it will work or try this

Make Sure HTC Drivers are installed and ADB is already working

1. Reboot into TWRP

2. in TWRP, Hit andvanced and find Sideload

3. Swipe to start Sideload

4. Open a CMD Prompt window and Change Directories to where your adb.exe is

5. type adb devices and it should show your device conntected and say sideload

6. Your ZIP file should already be in your adb folder

7. You are now ready to push the zip.....

8. type adb sideload nameofzip.zip

9. Wait until it says 100% and reboot back into recovery to flash the ROM

10. If hitting power does not make the screen come one, type adb reboot recovery

11. if adb reboot recovery does not work, hold power and volume down until it reboots to fastboot then go to recovery

ADB Push from Recovery - If Sideload Fails For You

adb push rom.zip /data/media/0/

Be sure u r in Recovery when using ADB Push command.

p1mpin

Dec 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
Thanks guys. What i found out is that i had a corrupt partition so I formated the sdcard since there was nothing on it and it worked. I pushed the rom through adb but i didnt do the sideload method. I have liquid smooth on it now but I want a sense rom. any suggestions for a good one?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks

Update:

when I had that problem, I ended up wiping everything and then rebooted to recovery and it finally worked.

Thanks

Update:

Try what @JudgeFutta said. The error's most likely due to corrupt partitions.

Thanks

Update:

Try to get in Recovery and from mount option mount system and then try it will work or try this

Make Sure HTC Drivers are installed and ADB is already working

1. Reboot into TWRP

2. in TWRP, Hit andvanced and find Sideload

3. Swipe to start Sideload

4. Open a CMD Prompt window and Change Directories to where your adb.exe is

5. type adb devices and it should show your device conntected and say sideload

6. Your ZIP file should already be in your adb folder

7. You are now ready to push the zip.....

8. type adb sideload nameofzip.zip

9. Wait until it says 100% and reboot back into recovery to flash the ROM

10. If hitting power does not make the screen come one, type adb reboot recovery

11. if adb reboot recovery does not work, hold power and volume down until it reboots to fastboot then go to recovery

ADB Push from Recovery - If Sideload Fails For You

adb push rom.zip /data/media/0/

Be sure u r in Recovery when using ADB Push command.