[ROM][4.4.4]09/10[CrossCompiled][CyanogenMod11w/Sabermod,Linaro-03][Semi-nightlies]

Search This thread

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I know that you are busy with your other works but can you please port cm11 m12 for the phone. I like your cyanidemod rom and slimrom, but i like more the raw cm11 with no extra mod. I am sure that other guys also need the m12. Sorry for posting this development thread. But please can you tell if you will work on this project or not. Thank you

I don't have time right now. You guys realize you can run the i9100 build right?! You just need to flash my kernel over the top. Next if you say you'd rather run stock kernel then I don't know what to tell you. My kernel has better battery life sk no excuses lol

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Rogersb. My offer still stands to loan you an i777 till June.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Found out I can fix my device. I just need a $20 dollar part. Unfortunately work (side job construction) is slow and with Christmas coming I can't do it ATM. I'll get around to it tho first of the year tho. Seems a better option because I don't want to risk your device. Granted the odds of me bricking are basically zero but I would feel terrible if it happened. You guys here are my favorites. N2 work has stepped up but I love you guys so much that I can't just leave. Not while some of you are still here. I plan to be around to bring shift cm12 kernel and a stable lollipop. I won't be going anywhere until then, even if I'm not around quite as often. I've got a new kernel/recovery I'm going to release in next couple days. Razen been running it for a week and it will raise your available ram to 794. With some other stuff too of course

Last edited:

dashrendar

Jun 20, 2012
Akron
I don't have time right now. You guys realize you can run the i9100 build right?! You just need to flash my kernel over the top. Next if you say you'd rather run stock kernel then I don't know what to tell you. My kernel has better battery life sk no excuses lol

I didn't know about that. I have two questions: It'd we do that, will it show the device as i777 or i9100? Is it possible to extract the kernel from previous i777 builds that you did?

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I didn't know about that. I have two questions: It'd we do that, will it show the device as i777 or i9100? Is it possible to extract the kernel from previous i777 builds that you did?

9100 in settings but 777 in recovery. Of course you can extract it but for the life of me I have NO IDEA why you'd rather run the cm kernel. My source is WAY more up to date than theirs. Especially when it comes to s2

dashrendar

Jun 20, 2012
Akron
9100 in settings but 777 in recovery. Of course you can extract it but for the life of me I have NO IDEA why you'd rather run the cm kernel. My source is WAY more up to date than theirs. Especially when it comes to s2

Thanks a lot! I totally get you. I am planning on going with the SHIFT kernel to get the M12 snapshot, but it's good to know about the CM kernel option, just in case for resale purposes.

So just to be clear, I can flash the following things on my I777 and be good to go:
cm-11-20141115-SNAPSHOT-M12-i9100.zip
Shift-5.0.zip

Also, am I able to do this by simply dirty-flashing over the M10 version that you built specifically for I777 a couple of months ago?

Thanks in advance!

TheGeekyNimrod

Jun 18, 2013
Virginia
thisisjohnnyt.com
Thanks a lot! I totally get you. I am planning on going with the SHIFT kernel to get the M12 snapshot, but it's good to know about the CM kernel option, just in case for resale purposes.

So just to be clear, I can flash the following things on my I777 and be good to go:
cm-11-20141115-SNAPSHOT-M12-i9100.zip
Shift-5.0.zip

Also, am I able to do this by simply dirty-flashing over the M10 version that you built specifically for I777 a couple of months ago?

Thanks in advance!

You are also going to need to copy the touchkey layout files from your current CM or you won't be able to use them. Unless Shift flashed those in the process too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: walttheboss

dashrendar

Jun 20, 2012
Akron
You are also going to need to copy the touchkey layout files from your current CM or you won't be able to use them. Unless Shift flashed those in the process too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app

Thanks. I have no idea, so I'll wait for @rogersb11 to respond to this one.

By the way, I remember why I went back to CM kernel on my M10 snapshot after using SHIFT for a week--Bluetooth music streaming to my car's audio was stuttery and clicky at times, when using the same CPU governor (Pegasushq) or a different one (zzmoove or ondemand) . I was not sure there if there was a tweak for it, but I since switched back to CM.

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Thanks. I have no idea, so I'll wait for @rogersb11 to respond to this one.

By the way, I remember why I went back to CM kernel on my M10 snapshot after using SHIFT for a week--Bluetooth music streaming to my car's audio was stuttery and clicky at times, when using the same CPU governor (Pegasushq) or a different one (zzmoove or ondemand) . I was not sure there if there was a tweak for it, but I since switched back to CM.

Bluetooth seems to be a continual cm issue so I'm betting the govs I use are the issue. Both on demand and zzmoove deep sleep hard core. I have a similar issue on n2 from time to time

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

walttheboss

Found out I can fix my device. I just need a $20 dollar part. . I plan to be around to bring shift cm12 kernel and a stable lollipop.

Great stuff. I will bump you a few coffees for the part. And if you want the phone(i777) (no risk or hard feelings if you end up with a paperweight) just pm me your address. Looking forward to lollipop.

walttheboss

Best Rom

I have been on a Galaxy S4 now for a few months. Tried a few Roms. BUT there remains in my opinion no Rom better than this one. Clean Smooth and good Battery. Rogersb11 what can we do to bribe you dev for the S4!!!

I would still be on the S2 but my hardware buttons were dying and lots of other issues hardware wise. So I moved on.

AnotherFreakinNoob

Sep 22, 2016
Noticed earlier to day that my CPU is spiking to max frequency when my not on WiFi causing significant battery loss. Got my governor set to ONDEMAND and when on mobile network the frequency would constantly jump from 200 to 1200 and anywhere in between. Phone is also staying awake. Went to WiFi settings and turned WiFi search off. Phone still stayed awake. Got home and turned WiFi on and phone sleeps and frequency is definitely more stable. I'm guessing its an app issue but would really appreciate any input.

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Noticed earlier to day that my CPU is spiking to max frequency when my not on WiFi causing significant battery loss. Got my governor set to ONDEMAND and when on mobile network the frequency would constantly jump from 200 to 1200 and anywhere in between. Phone is also staying awake. Went to WiFi settings and turned WiFi search off. Phone still stayed awake. Got home and turned WiFi on and phone sleeps and frequency is definitely more stable. I'm guessing its an app issue but would really appreciate any input.

This is really old, I no longer have an s2 and it was running Marshmallow last time I did. I'd suggest a clean install, no backup restore from Google and install apps one by one until you find the culprit

AnotherFreakinNoob

Sep 22, 2016
This is really old, I no longer have an s2 and it was running Marshmallow last time I did. I'd suggest a clean install, no backup restore from Google and install apps one by one until you find the culprit
Thanks man. I suspected it was an app but thought it might have had something to do with Straight Talk throttling me (phone is significantly slower with wifi off. More than whats normal). And yea I know this phone is dated but honestly after flashing you 4.4.4 ROM, I love this thing. Really appreciate the work you've put in and your kernel is freaking awesome as well. :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android-KitKat.jpg

Unofficial CyanogenMod 11 SABERMOD 4.8 Toolchain

Alright, well it's about time Google. What we have here is going to be CM11 4.4.4 builds for your Galaxy S2 i777 with the bonus of Sabermod toolchain. I will continue to add tweaks and change things but this will also be updated from CyanogenMod as well. I could theme this if interested as well and at some point I will add more features and tweaks. CLEAN install is recommended for your first time but dirty will be fine after that unless I notify you differently.

HOW TO INSTALL

Make sure you are on CWM 6.0.4.4+ before flashing ROM!
    I by far recommend TWRP tho as that is what all testing will be done with because I no longer use CWM.
    Download the zip
    Download compatible Gapps
    WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
    Wipe Cache/Dalvic Cache
    Flash the Rom
    Flash Gapps
    Reboot
    Enjoy

Install from my previous build:
    Download the zip
    WIPE Cache
    WIPE Dalvik Cache
    Flash the ROM
    Reboot

Current build:09192014

New Downloads: Shifted CM11 Builds

Downloads: CM11 Builds

Recommended Recovery SGH-959G: TWRP 2.7.0.1 courtesy of @mr-cook of course

Recommended GAPPS: GAPPS
    (Others may work but I've only tested these)

Custom kernel: Shift

Apple Emoji for your I777: Apple Emoji

Google Camera: Camera

Play Services Update: Play Services

SUPERSU:http://download.chainfire.eu/451/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.01.zip

Thanks goes out to:
    @infected_ @mr-cook for random questions, solid input and the twrp recovery

for helping me in anyway that I've asked to the best of their abilites. You guys have been awesome!!!!

Also Entire CyanogenMod Team for making their source open and available to the public. Pretty damn awesome of them if you ask me

I think that's it for now. Thanks guys and enjoy the BRAND NEW ANDROID for this seemingly never dying phone lol

This is NEVER expected but if you like my work and would like to buy me a beer you are more than welcome. Feels strange if posting this lol

Donate:https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...=PP-DonationsBF:btn_donateCC_LG.gif:NonHosted

Donated. THANKS guys, you're awesome @BROKKANIC 7U939739JP1534703 @walttheboss 2x
    build up...........https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712460793

Just a note, I'm working on my own custom rom which is started from CM11, once I get it fully set up and working as should these builds my completely stop but if they do I will open a new thread with the new ROM. Just thought I would put that out there. Enjoy the build guys, already tested and running on my S2. Thanks

Well there already was but now more. I'll be uploading before long. Rebuilding InCallUI, hopefully it's fixed. If not I'll rework the whole damn thing, I might anyway. Either way this is a really good upgrade. More to come. @cyril279 I haven't forgotten. I'll be looking tonight or tomorrow as I'll be working in there anyway

Edit: well here you go. Clean install, if not may not boot. Flash as usual, gapps as well, issue fixed. Do not use slim gapps as they would not boot for me. Screenshots coming if my lazy tester @razen_kain would ever do anything haha.
    Additional features, dark ui as before, advanced reboot default, developer options default, glowpad torch, battery around unlock ring, appbar, pie control, navigation bar, custom system animations, custom color and I'm sure I missed something. And of course my shift kernel. Enjoy, really is a big upgrade I assure you

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712466963
    I'm about to start a build now everyone but repo sync is taking forever and it looks like some pretty big additions and also removals are occurring so must have some major changes so I'm running a completely fresh build which will take longer. I'm mentioning this because I'm going to recommend a completely fresh install from scratch and don't restore with Titanium because it's a bunch of system changes and checks and references that are changing which could and most likely will lead to some errors. I realize that's a PITA as I can't stand doing it myself either but sometimes it's necessary and should be done at least fairly frequently when you flash things as often as we do here at XDA. Thanks guys. Hope you are still enjoying because I'm still loving deving for this wonderful and everlasting I777/959G community

New builds are up. Been busy on some other stuff. May lessen these just a little but be more consistent. It's a good build