[ROM-ROOT GUIDE] [TMOBILE T889UVALK8] Rooted / Deodexed / Wifi-Calling + MultiWindow

Search This thread

TEKHD

Inactive Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Scout

This is the complete original T-Mobile ROM running perfectly and beautifully on the AT&T I317... (NEW MULTI WINDOW UPDATE T889UVALK8 NOW AVAILABLE!)

-> Wifi-Calling perfecly working with T-Mobile Sim Card... (you need to have your AT&T I317 Sim Unlocked...)
-> If you are coming from stock AT&T or N7105 ROM, you don't even need to format/wipe data... just flash and all your data and apps will be there when it boots! but with T-Mobile ROM! (Some cases may require Full Wipe)

HOW TO ROOT AT&T I317

1. Make sure your phone is recognized by your computer by downloading the necessary Samsung Kies Drivers,

then... Download this file:

Galaxy Note 2 Root Kit

2. Unrar the downloaded file and you should have a folder called "Galaxy Note 2 Root Kit". Inside that folder, there is a file called "CWM-SuperSU-v0.97.zip", copy that file to your phone's internal memory. (you can also copy it to the external memory, but it is not recommended)

3. Put your phone into "Download Mode" by Turning it off, then press Power Button + Volume Down + Home Button (all 3 at the same time) and you will get into "Download Mode"... Ones you get there, Press Volume Up.

download_mode.jpg

4. RECOVERY PART -> Now plug your phone into your computer, and run Odin 3 (Inside the Galaxy Note Root Kit folder you will see a sub folder called Odin3_vx.xx, and there you will see the Odin EXE file)

5. No make sure your Odin app looks like the image below: (Make sure the PDA option is set and click on the PDA button an look for the file called cwm6-recovery-i317.tar.md5 (inside the "Galaxy Note 2 Root Kit" folder. Also make sure it says "Added" on the message box on the left!)

odin.png

6. Then click "Start"

7. Your phone will restart after flashing... When it boots up into android... Turn it off again.

8. Turn your phone on by pressing POWER + VOLUME UP + HOME BUTTON (at the same time) and as soon as you see the "Galaxy Note 2" splash, release the power button and keep pressing VOLUME UP + HOME BUTTON. You should get to the recovery you just flashed on the previous step.

9. SUPERUSER PART-> Now choose "Install zip from sdcard" and browse for CWM-SuperSU-v0.97.zip that you previously copied to the phone on Step 2.

CWM-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-2.png

10. After choosing the file, click YES (in order to install superuser on your phone... in other words, rooting android)

11. After flashing just go back on the menu and reboot device...

D O N E - > You are now rooted!

- - - AT THIS POINT YOU ***SHOULD*** BACKUP YOUR ROM (NANDROID) USING THE RECOVERY - - -

FLASHING THE T-MOBILE ROM:

You can use CWM Recovery or a more robust Recovery like TWRP in order to flash the T-Mobile ROM. Basically just copy the downloaded ROM into your phone and Flash It. You might not even need to wipe data or anything, just flash the rom and see how it goes... If for some reason your phone did not like the transition from one ROM to another without wiping data, then wipe data / cache and perform a clean install.

AT&T - T-Mobile APN's

ATT-TMO.png

VERSIONS...

Version 1 - STOCK T-MOBILE ORIGINAL RELEASE WITH WIFI CALLING Rooted, Deodexed, Busybox...

Version 2 - STOCK T-MOBILE NEW UPDATE WITH MULTI WINDOW + WIFI CALLING T889UVALK8 Rooted, Deodexed, Busybox...

- - - D O W N L O A D S - - -

VERSION 1

M I R R O R - 1
M I R R O R - 2

VERSION 2

M I R R O R - 1
Mirror 2 -> Uploading...

Last edited:

mocsab

Aug 16, 2011
West Milwaukee
www.shimmeringglass.com
This is probably a dumb question, but how do you go about getting your ATT SIM CARD Unlocked?

I was with T Mobile for about 3 days before cancelling my contract and going to ATT and the only thing I liked about their service was the WI FI Calling their phones could do - I would love to be able to do this while on ATT - but didn't know if there was some way to retain ATT Service while unlocking the sim card?

like I said - probably a dumb question .. ?

TEKHD

This is probably a dumb question, but how do you go about getting your ATT SIM CARD Unlocked?

I was with T Mobile for about 3 days before cancelling my contract and going to ATT and the only thing I liked about their service was the WI FI Calling their phones could do - I would love to be able to do this while on ATT - but didn't know if there was some way to retain ATT Service while unlocking the sim card?

You need to have your AT&T phone unlocked (is not the actual sim card) and you need to use an actual T-Mobile sim card, so you can use wifi calling... (since wifi calling is just for T-Mobile and can't be used on any other carrier) With this rom, you can use the AT&T sim card without any problem, just like any other rom, but if you own a T-Mobile sim card, then you can use the Wifi Calling feature without owning the T-Mobile's Note 2 (T889) Because this is the exact ROM loaded on the T889... (but now on the AT&T I317)

Reactions: momchi and senozlu1

kofusionz03

Apr 19, 2008
Flashing T889 modem on i317

Hello

I flashed this T-Mobile Rom onto my ATT Note 2 i317, but not getting 4g speed, only edge, was wondering if the T-Mobile Modem/Baseband can be flash on this ATT Note 2 i317?

Please advise

mocsab

Aug 16, 2011
West Milwaukee
www.shimmeringglass.com
the screen shots you are showing for the APN Settings for ATT do not have anyhting Entered for MMS Port and it should say 80.

That is what my APN settings say - and it is what all previous instructions I have seen for ATT APN have said - I don't know if it is absoutley necessary but I would thnk that it might be important -

Just thought I would let you know

Reactions: TEKHD

TEKHD

Hello

I flashed this T-Mobile Rom onto my ATT Note 2 i317, but not getting 4g speed, only edge, was wondering if the T-Mobile Modem/Baseband can be flash on this ATT Note 2 i317?

Please advise

Yes you will get Edge on T-Mobile (currently) But soon there will be a flashable modem that should support T-Mo... Will post updates as they arrive.

TEKHD

the screen shots you are showing for the APN Settings for ATT do not have anyhting Entered for MMS Port and it should say 80.

That is what my APN settings say - and it is what all previous instructions I have seen for ATT APN have said - I don't know if it is absoutley necessary but I would thnk that it might be important -

Just thought I would let you know

Thank you a lot for mentioning this... (for some reason mine came without the 80, and works fine) Will certainly look into this... Thank you!

mocsab

Aug 16, 2011
West Milwaukee
www.shimmeringglass.com
Thank you a lot for mentioning this... (for some reason mine came without the 80, and works fine) Will certainly look into this... Thank you!

No Problem - I honestly don't' know how important it is - I have always had 80 in that field - and I have seen it in other instructions from other ROMS that needed to have the APN Manually entered - but I don't know that it absolutely must be there - I had noticed that someone else posted that they couldn't get LTE - so maybe it has something to do with that?

Anyway - I hope it helped.

JarkMackson

Jan 7, 2007
Any chance you could post another mirror? I've tried to download this 7 times and it always stops on me at different points.

hnic32

Dec 20, 2009
Indiana
any new tmobile radio updates for 3/4g on the note 2 for att?

This is how you enable 4g on your att note 2 on tmobile network, i have 4g on my att note 2 on tmobile network:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2068041

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

First off, let me say i love this rom! i have a at&t note 2 running on t-mobile network with 4g, 42 mbps. my only problem is that the camera pics are come out in a different rotation than i originally took them in. any ideas?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This is the complete original T-Mobile ROM running perfectly and beautifully on the AT&T I317... (NEW MULTI WINDOW UPDATE T889UVALK8 NOW AVAILABLE!)

-> Wifi-Calling perfecly working with T-Mobile Sim Card... (you need to have your AT&T I317 Sim Unlocked...)
    -> If you are coming from stock AT&T or N7105 ROM, you don't even need to format/wipe data... just flash and all your data and apps will be there when it boots! but with T-Mobile ROM! (Some cases may require Full Wipe)

HOW TO ROOT AT&T I317

1. Make sure your phone is recognized by your computer by downloading the necessary Samsung Kies Drivers,

then... Download this file:

Galaxy Note 2 Root Kit

2. Unrar the downloaded file and you should have a folder called "Galaxy Note 2 Root Kit". Inside that folder, there is a file called "CWM-SuperSU-v0.97.zip", copy that file to your phone's internal memory. (you can also copy it to the external memory, but it is not recommended)

3. Put your phone into "Download Mode" by Turning it off, then press Power Button + Volume Down + Home Button (all 3 at the same time) and you will get into "Download Mode"... Ones you get there, Press Volume Up.

download_mode.jpg

4. RECOVERY PART -> Now plug your phone into your computer, and run Odin 3 (Inside the Galaxy Note Root Kit folder you will see a sub folder called Odin3_vx.xx, and there you will see the Odin EXE file)

5. No make sure your Odin app looks like the image below: (Make sure the PDA option is set and click on the PDA button an look for the file called cwm6-recovery-i317.tar.md5 (inside the "Galaxy Note 2 Root Kit" folder. Also make sure it says "Added" on the message box on the left!)

odin.png

6. Then click "Start"

7. Your phone will restart after flashing... When it boots up into android... Turn it off again.

8. Turn your phone on by pressing POWER + VOLUME UP + HOME BUTTON (at the same time) and as soon as you see the "Galaxy Note 2" splash, release the power button and keep pressing VOLUME UP + HOME BUTTON. You should get to the recovery you just flashed on the previous step.

9. SUPERUSER PART-> Now choose "Install zip from sdcard" and browse for CWM-SuperSU-v0.97.zip that you previously copied to the phone on Step 2.

CWM-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-2.png

10. After choosing the file, click YES (in order to install superuser on your phone... in other words, rooting android)

11. After flashing just go back on the menu and reboot device...

D O N E - > You are now rooted!

- - - AT THIS POINT YOU ***SHOULD*** BACKUP YOUR ROM (NANDROID) USING THE RECOVERY - - -

FLASHING THE T-MOBILE ROM:

You can use CWM Recovery or a more robust Recovery like TWRP in order to flash the T-Mobile ROM. Basically just copy the downloaded ROM into your phone and Flash It. You might not even need to wipe data or anything, just flash the rom and see how it goes... If for some reason your phone did not like the transition from one ROM to another without wiping data, then wipe data / cache and perform a clean install.

AT&T - T-Mobile APN's

ATT-TMO.png

VERSIONS...

Version 1 - STOCK T-MOBILE ORIGINAL RELEASE WITH WIFI CALLING Rooted, Deodexed, Busybox...

Version 2 - STOCK T-MOBILE NEW UPDATE WITH MULTI WINDOW + WIFI CALLING T889UVALK8 Rooted, Deodexed, Busybox...

- - - D O W N L O A D S - - -

VERSION 1

M I R R O R - 1
    M I R R O R - 2

VERSION 2

M I R R O R - 1
    Mirror 2 -> Uploading...
    Hi OP can you check the first link the second version of the file is stuck at 44.1 MB everytime i try to download

thanks

You need to have your AT&T phone unlocked (is not the actual sim card) and you need to use an actual T-Mobile sim card, so you can use wifi calling... (since wifi calling is just for T-Mobile and can't be used on any other carrier) With this rom, you can use the AT&T sim card without any problem, just like any other rom, but if you own a T-Mobile sim card, then you can use the Wifi Calling feature without owning the T-Mobile's Note 2 (T889) Because this is the exact ROM loaded on the T889... (but now on the AT&T I317)
    another...
    and another...