[Q] Get Adapt Sound To Work Globally?

Search This thread

gharb0129

May 10, 2013
Adapt Sound for any of you guys that didn't know makes the sound quality 20 times better. I listened to a song in the Samsung music app and then listened to the same song at the same volume in Winamp and it sounded terrible.

I'm trying to find a way to make adapt sound global, because I absolutely hate the Samsung music app. I'd much rather use Winamp or Poweramp because of all the extra features.

It'd be AWESOME if someone figured out a way to make adapt sound global and put it into a custom ROM, or even made a MOD out of it.

Edit: If you don't believe me test it out for yourself. Go to Settings>My Device>Sound>Adapt Sound, once you get there do the little hearing test, and then play a song in the samsung music app.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zibri

bungadudu

Feb 8, 2012
Adapt Sound for any of you guys that didn't know makes the sound quality 20 times better. I listened to a song in the Samsung music app and then listened to the same song at the same volume in Winamp and it sounded terrible.

I'm trying to find a way to make adapt sound global, because I absolutely hate the Samsung music app. I'd much rather use Winamp or Poweramp because of all the extra features.

It'd be AWESOME if someone figured out a way to make adapt sound global and put it into a custom ROM, or even made a MOD out of it.

Edit: If you don't believe me test it out for yourself. Go to Settings>My Device>Sound>Adapt Sound, once you get there do the little hearing test, and then play a song in the samsung music app.

WOW!

Was using Neutron thinking it gives the best possible sound.. Until now!

It's unbelievable the difference!

Adapt sound and Neutron would be a killer combination!

Hilari0

Aug 14, 2011
Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
I might have stumbled on a clue towards applying Adapt Sound globally or with different music apps.. I was fiddling around with it the other day, and then I was testing the Samsung music app and Google Play Music. Of course, music played through Play Music did not enable the Adapt Sound.

However, when I was listening to a song in Play Music, I thought I'd open the Samsung music app to try to run a comparison, and as soon as I opened it, it applied the Adapt Sound to the music that was playing through Play Music! It seems that when the Samsung music app opens, it enables the Adapt Sound regardless if it's actually playing anything or not, and simply keeping it open in a second window (I'm on a Galaxy Note 3) kept the Adapt Sound enabled! As soon as I closed the Samsung music app, the Adapt Sound was disabled and the sound reverted to the default. Perhaps this may give a clue on how Adapt Sound is applied through the Samsung music app, and perhaps make it possible to make a widget with a button that can enable or disable the Adapt Sound feature. :)

Lars

lvnatic

Dec 5, 2010
Iasi
Any news on this? Maybe a similar app that does the same thing and works on all apps, or a root method to apply Samsung's feature globally?

theormex

Feb 19, 2015
I hope this is not too late :0
There's only one complicated way to use adapt sound globally... I'll try to explain as good as I can.
You WILL need a rooted phone to make this work.

There's an equalizer app called ViPER4Android, which doesn't only have kick-ass features, but also has a built in "convolver"
So what's a convolver? Basically it lets you simulate effects on audio. It works by having an audio clip, and and another one which has effects on it (in our case adapt sound) and comparing them together to see what changes occurred

You basically take a sine sweep (an audio clip that goes from low frequency to high), and record it paying on your device with adapt sound on (connect your phone to your microphone port by a 3.5mm cable)

Then you import these two clips to an app that can generate convolver presets (Aka impulse response samples)

The result you get is a .Wav file that you put on your phone and select as your convolver presets. And that's it!

What's even more kick-ass is that Viper4android works on neutron. So you're basically combining them three together. You can even think how this sounds.

Hope you found this helpful!

rainabba

Mar 16, 2008
There's only one complicated way to use adapt sound globally... I'll try to explain as good as I can.

There's an equalizer app called ViPER4Android, which doesn't only have kick-ass features, but also has a built in "convolver"
So what's a convolver? Basically it lets you simulate effects on audio. It works by having an audio clip, and and another one which has effects on it (in our case adapt sound) and comparing them together to see what changes occurred

You basically take a sine sweep (an audio clip that goes from low frequency to high), and record it paying on your device with adapt sound on (connect your phone to your microphone port by a 3.5mm cable)

Then you import these two clips to an app that can generate convolver presets (Aka impulse response samples)

The result you get is a .Wav file that you put on your phone and select as your convolver presets. And that's it!

What's even more kick-ass is that Viper4android works on neutron. So you're basically combining them three together. You can even think how this sounds.

I'm looking for way so replicate the benefits of Adapt Sound (as it works on the Note 7) on my Nexus 6P. The key to adapt sound is the way it creates a profile based on my subjective input (testing my hearing with a given set of headphones; this varies per headphones even). The rest of the eq's and fx processors out there are gimmick to me becaues they are TOTALLY subjective and/or just fluff. You hit the nail on the head with your post; a convolver that is based on the profile created by Adapt Sound. Can you explain more how you have acted on that idea? Ideally (and I might have to try this with Pro Tools), I'd run a sweep on the Note 7 with my profile, record out out the headphone jack, then compare to the sweet and I'd get a diff I could feed to a convolver. If I understand you right, I would do just that, then Viper4Android (which I don't know much about) could apply that andn give me the same effect on my Nexus 6P?

maxnah

Dec 9, 2008
Same idea... I think it can be do next simple way- there is several apps like audiologia.pl that is can make yours audio metrics to left and right channels. All we need to do next it's manualy change eq. setting in V4A or else to normalize sound... BUT there is NO 2 way (two channels L/R) or two different equalizers to left and right channels. Maybe someone can give me information why it is so? Mayby it's hardware impossible?

Zibri

Dec 10, 2010
Adapt sound is a killer feature of samsung phones. I miss it in any non samsung phone I have.
I believe there is a simple way to port it but I never dug the problem.
It's weird that nobody did it until now.

+1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

WOW!

Was using Neutron thinking it gives the best possible sound.. Until now!

It's unbelievable the difference!

Adapt sound and Neutron would be a killer combination!