[Q] Should I purchase the Wifi Note 10.1?

Search This thread

loooller

Nov 15, 2013
I'm coming from a Nexus 10 which is dying soon (bad motherboard) and was looking at getting a Wifi 32gb Note 10.1. But I have a few questions for the seasoned pros here :cyclops:

How smoothly does the Note 10.1 run on the latest firmware? (I'm assuming Kitkat)

If the stock firmware isn't silky smooth, is there anything I can do to fix it?

Are all the HMP problems with the Exynos 5420 fixed yet?

Any way to root the tablet without voiding warranty?

Last edited:

AM Radio

Jul 20, 2011
NR13-ROMEO-03
How smoothly does the Note 10.1 run on the latest firmware? (I'm assuming Kitkat)

smooth. have noticed no hangups or stutters or anything like that — i gotta say that TouchWiz in KK has been much less crappy than i thought it would be. YMMV depending on your apps. that said, i'm coming from an Asus TF700, which was a complete POS, and the Note 10.1 (2014) has been a dream in comparison.

If the stock firmware isn't silky smooth, is there anything I can do to fix it?

install Apex (what i did) or Nova as your launcher. and/or root and freeze apps via Titanium.

Are all the HMP problems with the Exynos 5420 fixed yet?

they weren't problems so much as frustrations that Samsung decided in its wisdom not to enable it for this tablet. it runs fine out of the box with KK without HMP.

Last edited:

ali.maken

May 29, 2010
Como
Yes. Rooting will cause the KNOX bit to change. KNOX bit is detecting any non KNOX kernels. And once you do that, it fires.

But we are still not sure whether it will cause warranty issues. IMHO It's just a safe assumption right now. I am happy without rooting my device.

lotus49

Jun 28, 2011
Yorkshire
Last edited:

GalaxyNotesTx

Jan 25, 2014
Are you saying Kingo Root doesn't trip the Knox fuse? I have been looking hard for a way of doing this and so far seen absolutely nothing, here or anywhere else, to suggest that this is possible. This thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2538345 suggests it doesn't even work much less do so without blowing the fuse.

Please elaborate.

Hi yes, I have rooted both my devices and can go into download mode and counter says Ox0 ,,the boot loader is locked,,so i am still on stock ROM, I don't have Safe strap on either,,,I really have no need for flashing other Roms since I get 3-4 days of battery out of my Note 3. I believe if you "flash" another ROM its possible it might a e fuse ,,..I could be wrong ..

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
Hi yes, I have rooted both my devices and can go into download mode and counter says Ox0 ,,the boot loader is locked,,so i am still on stock ROM, I don't have Safe strap on either,,,I really have no need for flashing other Roms since I get 3-4 days of battery out of my Note 3. I believe if you "flash" another ROM its possible it might a e fuse ,,..I could be wrong ..

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app

I assumed you have the P600 wifi based on your signature. What KK rom build version you were using when you rooted your device? With the D2(latest) Kingo not even work!! http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53135814 .At this time, there is no way to root the p600 without triping the knox counter.

lotus49

Jun 28, 2011
Yorkshire
Kingo not even work!! http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53135814 .At this time, there is no way to root the p600 without triping the knox counter.
This was exactly my understanding as well. I'd love to be able to root mine without blowing the fuse and I don't care about installing a different ROM, I just want root access.

There must be some misunderstanding here because this is literally the only reference I have found on the web in six months of looking, to being able to root a P600 without blowing the fulse.

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
This was exactly my understanding as well. I'd love to be able to root mine without blowing the fuse and I don't care about installing a different ROM, I just want root access.

There must be some misunderstanding here because this is literally the only reference I have found on the web in six months of looking, to being able to root a P600 without blowing the fulse.

If you read GalaxyNotesTx comment, he mentioned Note 3 instead of Note 10.1...He just confused between his devices! Again, currently no way to root without trip the knox counter.

warboat

Dec 20, 2005
Melbourne
Kingo Root tries to root my 4.3 Note10 but fails.
I had to CF root thru Odin and knox is 0x1.
Kingo Root did root my 4.4 Note3 but knox is 0x1.

Top Liked Posts