[BOOTANIMATION] Android Emulator Style

Search This thread

Darkshado

Apr 16, 2011
Montréal
Nvidia Shield Tablet
Nexus 6
Hello everyone,

A few weeks ago, after using the Android Emulator for the first time I wondered how the built-in boot animation would look on the phone itself. Quick search showed no-one had bothered.

I didn't keep it as my "daily driver" but since I went to the trouble of capturing the animation and editing it into something usable, I thought some people here might like it nonetheless.

Enjoy,

Darkshado

Preview:
fWMck.gif

Attachments

• bootanimation_emulator.zip
    361 KB · Views: 1,748

Corylulu

Jul 13, 2010
Actually, this animation came with my G1 back in the day in one of the stock ROMs. I wanna say 1.6 is when they started using this animation. I prefer the old 1.5 version tho ;)

seboj

Jan 21, 2010
Atlanta
With all the flashy, complex ones people throw around, it's kinda nice to have a simple straightforward one for a change.

packruler

Jun 22, 2008
Not trying to be the bad guy but; most android devices actually "fall-back" to this if you delete or rename /system/media/bootanimation.zip (verified on thunderbolt and xoom) The only thing missing the the initial "ANDROID" at the top. Deleting it actually can speed up your boot times and makes your system take up less space because there are no added files.

Last edited:

orinoko

Dec 19, 2008
Its a good idea. My Acer a500 came with iit out of the box. Imagine that. A public product running honeycomb 3.0 with the stock android boot animation!

euromusic

Nov 6, 2007
Berlin
Android Wear
Not trying to be the bad guy but; most android devices actually "fall-back" to this if you delete or rename /system/media/bootanimation.zip (verified on thunderbolt and xoom) The only thing missing the the initial "ANDROID" at the top. Deleting it actually can speed up your boot times and makes your system take up less space because there are no added files.

Well I was just going to test that, but now I don't have to anymore xD

domenukk

Jan 11, 2010

That's true. Lol. All do afaik.
Some things just shouldn't make it to mainpage... :p
Just like all those reviews about sony erricsson devices.
Seriously? What's up with that? How much did they pay?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone,

A few weeks ago, after using the Android Emulator for the first time I wondered how the built-in boot animation would look on the phone itself. Quick search showed no-one had bothered.

I didn't keep it as my "daily driver" but since I went to the trouble of capturing the animation and editing it into something usable, I thought some people here might like it nonetheless.

Enjoy,

Darkshado

Preview:
    fWMck.gif