HDMI Adapter Problems/Flickering Output

Search This thread

NightFire123

Dec 22, 2008
Braunschweig
Hi
I just recieved my Adapter but something seems to be faulty on this,
when I connect it with several HDMI cables the mirrored picture starts to jitter or the connection break for a few seconds.
The cables are not decoupled and not really expensive, I have no other HDMI device to test them but I dont think that they are buggy.
The TV connected to is a Philips PFL8404
Some suggestions what I'm doing wrong?
The GT is rooted and on stock ROM.
Greets Nighty

playaed

Jan 3, 2009
i have the same issue. i tried two different hdmi cables and two different hdtvs and the issue is still happening. at this point i think its a defective adapter. Im gonna exhange it.

Reactions: ellokomen

bucketachicken

Sep 2, 2009
www.anglaispod.com
I had a similar issue back when I had a Xoom (which I ended up returning cause of weight). I am debating over ordering the adapter for my Tab, and if they are doing this, too, then I'd be fairly dissapointing. I always figured maybe the Xoom had a loose connection or the cable sucked, but maybe it's something else?

whitewm

Jun 27, 2010
Got my HDMI adapter for my Galaxy Tab 10.1 yesterday also. It flickers and looses connection so much it useless. I've tried several new HDMI cables, and 3 different TVs. All flicker and blink. I'm sure it's a bad adapter. Will be returned shortly.

jaoropez

Nov 16, 2009
i would like to see someone post positive things about the hdmi adapter, have been thinking about getting one, but so far all these posts make me believe that its now worth it?
thanks

NightFire123

Dec 22, 2008
Braunschweig
recieved a second adapter and still the same, seems to be a problem with the GT itselve or with some drivers build in, may the root crashed something, will trx out.

NightFire123

Dec 22, 2008
Braunschweig
just ttryed another 40 bucks cable and still the same, dont think thats a hardware fault by the adapter. The only thing I can test now is to unroot to stock. Will test later and update.

UPDATE: Unrooting doesnt work

Last edited:

playaed

Jan 3, 2009
it doesnt seem like the people with the verizon hdmi adapter are having this issue. I wonder if its made differently?

sternweezy

Jun 18, 2010
I just received my adapter from Verizon and I can confirm the same issues so its not related to where you buy it.

Anyone notice what the status of their battery life is when using the adapter? Mine glitched the first time I tested it out and I had just taken the Tab off the charger. I kept getting a notification to unplug the Tab because it had reached 100% charge, which I haven't seen before. When I tried it later in the day it wasn't fully charged and it seemed fine. I haven't had a chance to try it longer than 10 minutes yet so not sure if its battery charging related. I know it doesn't work without a power supply so maybe once the Tabs at 100% it rejects power and cuts the HDMI off. Just a thought, I may be wrong.

playaed

Jan 3, 2009
I just tried it with 30% battery life and still having the same issue. does anyone have one that works?

sternweezy

Jun 18, 2010
Yeah I tried watching a movie on mine last night with about 70% battery and it switched from TV to Tab then back to TV about every 5 minutes.

mtran2988

Feb 1, 2011
I don't have an HDMI out cable, but I was wondering if you guys were plugging the charger into the HDMI, or if you were using it without it. I'm curious because I saw a review about it stating they needed the Charger to be plugged into the HDMI to get it to work.

NightFire123

Dec 22, 2008
Braunschweig
I don't have an HDMI out cable, but I was wondering if you guys were plugging the charger into the HDMI, or if you were using it without it. I'm curious because I saw a review about it stating they needed the Charger to be plugged into the HDMI to get it to work.

yhea thats right you have to plug the wall charger in otherwhise it wont display anything at all, our problem is the faulty result whats on the screen

SenatorKen

Jun 20, 2011
Tulsa
Wow. I was just about to order the HDMI adapter from Sammy (I stubbornly kept waiting for BestBuy or Verizon to get one in stock). But seeing all these problems, I wonder if they're having quality or other issues, and hence why it's not hitting shelves yet.

Does anyone have a feel for whether all seem to be defective, or if these posts are more representative of the adapters that are defective? (guessing from those saying they've tried more than one, that there seems to be a general problem with the adapters).

Last edited:

mopar

Jul 1, 2010
Okay I have a 10.1 galaxy tab wifi and a home made dock from a 7 inch tab and 10 inch tab dock. Using the oem power adapter that came with my tab. With my hdmi dock I watched a movie on amazon instant via the browser And I rented a movie from google. Both movies played perfectly through my 50 inch plasma tv via the hdmi dock.. I can tell you that movies would not play from google untell touchwiz update. but after the update I have had no problems whatsoever playing any content via hdmi. Also I don't know if it makes any difference but I have never rooted my tab. Good luck guys I don't know what's going on I hope you figure it out.

playaed

Jan 3, 2009
Hey mopar. Is your tv a 1080p? Both my hdtvs are 1080i so im wondering if thats causing the issue. I think i read somewhere that this tab outputs in 1080p. I dont think its the video player because it cuts in and out without running any programs. Its like every 30 seconds the tv screen will cut out go black and then come back on. its basically useless.

mopar

Jul 1, 2010
I believe my tv is the lower of the 2 not sure though.... it's definitely not a high end tv but it is new..w

NightFire123

Dec 22, 2008
Braunschweig
I just got the 7 " docking with HDMI out and it works like a charm, so it seems to be a production problem with the adapters. Brought me the 10.1 dock to put the piece on the 7 " base.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i have the same issue. i tried two different hdmi cables and two different hdtvs and the issue is still happening. at this point i think its a defective adapter. Im gonna exhange it.
    I had the adapter for over a month and never had the flickering problem on my 55" Samsung 3D LED TV. The only problem is the scaling. It doesnt really fit the screen.
    0910 release includes this.

let me know if it makes this beter for all of you that had this incessant flicker issue.
    Using the 7" tab dock with integral hdmi output the display is fine. The hdmi adaptor is obviously faulty and from the sound of it it is a common fault !

Well, with pershoots kernel I haven't had flickering for a while now with the adapter.
    Well, with pershoots kernel I haven't had flickering for a while now with the adapter.

+1 to this, fixed all my issues

Sent from my ADR6350 using XDA App