NextBook Next2-Next3/Prestigio PMP3084B/Odys Genesis -Eclare, Froyo, Gingerbread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

donaldj83

Feb 27, 2011
CT
That's because RK2818 have flash in the chip.
If you see android code it's picked flash from the chip:

Code:
# for adobe reader mobile
    export RK_ADOBE_DE_MOBILE 1
    export RK_ADEPT_DEVICE_TYPE mobile
    export RK_ADEPT_DEVICE_NAME NextBook
    export RK_ADOBE_DE_ROOT_FOLDER /flash
    export RK_ADOBE_DE_DOC_FOLDER "/flash/Digital Editions"
    export RK_ADEPT_ACTIVATION_FILE /flash/.adobe-digital-editions/activation.xml
    export RK_ADEPT_DEVICE_FILE /flash/.adobe-digital-editions/device.xml
    export RK_ADEPT_DEVICE_SALT_FILE /flash/.adobe-digital-editions/devicesalt
    export ADOBE_FONTS_DIR  /system/fonts/adobefonts/

There is no need of other flash, in the device. Other problem is if the apps (browser) uses this flash.

let me reiterate on this... im in no way talking about the flash as in memory storage or adobes book reader. im talking about the adobe flash player 10.1or higher or even flash player light it dosent matter. and i understand they made it to only work on the cortex8 chip or arm7 and ive tryed a number of ones that were hacked for the arm6 chipset to no avail (browser crash) but i figure we have a few smart people on this forum so im hoping maby some one has found one or tweeked one to work

Quadliese

Aug 27, 2011
Hello people, am still new here and I do not know much about Android. My English is not good. I hope you can help me. I Odys Genesis with ODYS_Genesis Firmware_v1.3.4-SD. Search firmware 2.2 with Froyo. Should be able to run stable.

Thanks for help :confused:

JDfense

Jul 22, 2011
Wiesbaden
Hello people, am still new here and I do not know much about Android. My English is not good. I hope you can help me. I Odys Genesis with ODYS_Genesis Firmware_v1.3.4-SD. Search firmware 2.2 with Froyo. Should be able to run stable.

Thanks for help :confused:
If you want froyo, than I would recommend froyo v5 from Post #1 or with fixed youtube from post #516. Stable will be relativ for custom roms. The question would be: Is it stable enough for you?

If you want to write a lot with your tablet, than Froyo is in my opinion by now not the right stuff. The keyboard is a little bit difficult to handle.
Use the original update tool from the Odys homepage to flash and read the manual before.
And finally welcome in the world of custom roms.:)

Reactions: Quadliese

kova555

Mar 20, 2011
Split
I have Prestigio pmp5100 tablet.
I need your help,how can i root this tablet and how can upgrade to any custom rom for my device?
Thanks

JDfense

Jul 22, 2011
Wiesbaden
Congrats JDfense!!!... that ROM is quite good... I have also a 2.3.1 which can play movies... but have a problem with Wifi that I'm trying to fix.

I think that you can use fun_ calibration in Froyo v5... let us know what happens.
Can you post your 2.31? If we compare both versions, maybe we get my 2.35 video problem fixed. Could be a little bit naive... but give it a trial.:)

poool452

Jun 24, 2011
I think I might just flash back to 2.1 that let's me use my SD card until I can get froyo or gingerbread to work completely. And if you don't mind could you send me the cyanogenMod7 rom?

Sent from my DROID Pro using xda premium

I using eclair about 2-3 months, it´s perfect. Video, games, reader everything working 100%(of course with 256ram and slow cpu limits).

DaremoS

May 3, 2011
Santiago
I have Prestigio pmp5100 tablet.
I need your help,how can i root this tablet and how can upgrade to any custom rom for my device?
Thanks

What you have to do is to take kernel.img, misc.ing & recovery.img of your device... and use boot.img & system.img of any rom posted here to have your own rom suitable for your RK2818 7.0.

I know is complicated... but that is how this work.

BTW RK2818 CAN'T be rooted inside of device. Must be done outside.

You have some resources in the site of your device... and very good resources.

Last edited:
Reactions: i004909

i004909

Jun 18, 2006
Hi. Thanks for super updates, I'm really happy to get Froyo on my PMP3084B. Everything works OK (had some headache with SD card but viola it suddenly worked.

@ DaremoS - You are making me drool with the info about your GB ROM with everything working (maybe except video?) and saying it's soooo super fast and great.

Please, please, please can you post it and I'll gladly test for you? Can't get the v4 you mentioned a few pages back downloaded from mega... and don't think the v2 on the front page with the long 'not working' list is the right one to download...

Thanks again
:) :) :)

Mar 29, 2010
Next3 is bricked...

Ok, so someone suggested I return my Next3 (Which I can't).

1. Is there a Recovery Mode ?

2. Is there documentation on how to open this thing up? (Short Nand Chip)

3. Is there any way to NVFlash it?

4. Can someone help me? I'm sure others have bricked this thing and would be interested in knowing how to fix their $200 paperweight.

I (And I'm sure lots of others) would really like to know some answers to these questions...

Thanks in advance !

DaremoS

May 3, 2011
Santiago
Ok, so someone suggested I return my Next3 (Which I can't).

1. Is there a Recovery Mode ?

2. Is there documentation on how to open this thing up? (Short Nand Chip)

3. Is there any way to NVFlash it?

4. Can someone help me? I'm sure others have bricked this thing and would be interested in knowing how to fix their $200 paperweight.

I (And I'm sure lots of others) would really like to know some answers to these questions...

Thanks in advance !

1. I'm sure that's possible to recover.
I. clip method in the hole of the rear (of the device)
II. with the device switched off press down arrow and plug USB... your pc must sound... then you can go into hardware method of flashing (from first post here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X5J1GIDD). This is recovery method of RK2818 devices.

2. To open the device (no way pal!!!)

3. NVflash!?... maybe is what I explained above

Let us know

DaremoS

May 3, 2011
Santiago
@ DaremoS - You are making me drool with the info about your GB ROM with everything working (maybe except video?) and saying it's soooo super fast and great.

Please, please, please can you post it and I'll gladly test for you? Can't get the v4 you mentioned a few pages back downloaded from mega... and don't think the v2 on the front page with the long 'not working' list is the right one to download...

Thanks again
:) :) :)

I've leave Gingerbread 2.3.5 for some time now... I'll take it back now that there is someone interested. Let me check in what was I ... :eek:

Last edited:

DaremoS

May 3, 2011
Santiago
Gingerbread for RK2818 various ROMs

As requested here are the ROMs of Gingerbread 2.3.5 for RK2818 in 8.4" and 7".
Also I've added a ROM GB 2.3.1 for RK2818.

All this ROMs are just for testing purposes as I'm still working on them, beside my Froyo project..

GB 2.3.5 are fully functional (including Market) except for the infamous hardware accelerator. In version for 7.0 is not working camera either.

This ROMs might require a file in /DATA to adjust G-sensor. This file ---> local.prop. User will have to adjust it, changing binary values in at least two of four parameters.

Most of the problems of this ROM relies in the kernel. I've prove that using the kernel of PMP3084B thing go better. is the kernel used in 8.4" version. Using Next3 kernel disappear flash or SD.

A note: in this ROMs I've removed most of CyanogenMod stuff, because to deal with hardware accelerator requires to add lots of extra code lines.
Thanks to fun_ for his work and involve me in this project.

Gingerbread 2.3.1

I'v included a ROM based on N3NET to show how it works hardware accelerator in early versions of GB (very similar to Froyo)... but unfortunately this ROM have a problem with wifi, ancient problem that Chinese guys haven't been able to solve either.
This problem have been solved in a ROM of Breeze MW012 of AOC, which being so recently announced I haven't been able to get the firmware yet.

Links

GB 2.3.5 for RK2818 8.4" link

GB 2.3.5 for RK2818 7.0" link

GB 2.3.1 for RK2818 8.4" link

GB 2.3.1 for RK2818 7.0" (unstable) link

:):):):):)

I'll repeat: this is for test purpose and to allow others to contribute to the project, so I don't take responsibility whatsoever for brick some device (always recoverable anyway) and I won't answer complains.

:D:D:D:D:D

JDfense

Jul 22, 2011
Wiesbaden
Thanks DaremoS Einstein for the uploaded ROMs for testing them. I test the 8.4's on my odys genesis. I'll give you a feedback. Maybe there will be some gold in it.:eek:

Last edited:

KeesMoer

Oct 7, 2010
Eindhoven
www.keesmoerman.nl
Thanks for CyanogenMod 7 on Odys; how to make /system rw?

First of all, thanks for this great ROM. Screen calibration is significant better than with Froyo; and system runs smooth on my Odys. And as I don't care about video too much, it not working is no great loss to me.

Few questions, though:

- First of all, how do I get write access to system (like /system/etc)? Doing things like
Code:
su mount -o remount,rw /system
does not seem to do anything :(, and still does not allow me to e.g. add a file to /etc (is /system/etc ). Would like to add bash and nano, and then being able to add something to a directory in the path would help.

- Secondly, the device now regularly wakes up automatically somehow. Screen goes on, can't see any activity though :confused:. Does affect battery life...

Help and suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks in advance, Kees.

JDfense

Jul 22, 2011
Wiesbaden
First of all, thanks for this great ROM. Screen calibration is significant better than with Froyo; and system runs smooth on my Odys. And as I don't care about video too much, it not working is no great loss to me.

Few questions, though:

- First of all, how do I get write access to system (like /system/etc)? Doing things like
Code:
su mount -o remount,rw /system
does not seem to do anything :(, and still does not allow me to e.g. add a file to /etc (is /system/etc ). Would like to add bash and nano, and then being able to add something to a directory in the path would help.

- Secondly, the device now regularly wakes up automatically somehow. Screen goes on, can't see any activity though :confused:. Does affect battery life...

Thanks for your feedback, Kees, but most of the work was done by fun_ before.

Coming to your first point:
I can't explain the way into the system under linux, because I use windowsXP. I'm only playing once around with ubuntu studio - no fun with audio drivers under linux:mad:

For Windows, you will find under the following link a short description and the necessary tools:
http://wiki.archosfans.com/index.php?title=Archos_7HT_Modding_modify_update.img_Windows

In the system\data folder you can add or remove apk-Files how you like, but it could increase or decrease the performance of self brewed ROM. Few apk's will make your tablet unstable, so have nice trial.:eek:

Don' forget: Do only playing around with system.img and boot.img. If you follow this rule, you would minimize the risk to brick your genesis. These are words, I have learned from the wiser members around here:)

The second point make`s me little bit sad. I've have noticed sometimes the sudden wake-ups, but rarely. Influences with the battery load, I haven't noticed so far. More bothering are the crashes after some hours in standby, because the tablet needs then a reset.
I have no solution for both bugs. Maybe someone in the thread has an idea to this problems?

Last edited:

DaremoS

May 3, 2011
Santiago

Few questions, though:

Just a simple sentence, as you seem to know of linux: system in RK2818 is CRAMFS!!

i004909

Jun 18, 2006
@ DaremoS - Thanks very VERY much for your links and uploads.

On first boot screen is upside down in portrait mode, so I looked into local.prop which took a little while to figure out (in fact I still haven't exactly understood which is which axis) but I've got 3 screen orientations working (4th option, landscape with page up/down buttons on bottom edge) doesn't work right now (screen remains where it was last) but 3 out of 4 is good enough for me. My values are 0,1,0,0 if anyone needs to try something. When I get time I'll continue testing values... I saw fun_ posted something about this and in his example he #'ed out the last two lines... didn't work for me but I didn't change the 1st two values during that try either. Correct me but a reboot is necessary... right?

MOST IMPORTANT: Screen calibration, accuracy and 'snappiness' are vastly improved! Yes the screen is resistive touch not capacitive like the costly tabs out there, but wow! What a difference this ROM makes.

Overall system speed is improved for sure.

I can't get USB to work. If I plug in USB cable, then select to copy files item on notification bar, screen changes briefly then closes with no message and returns to home screen.

EDIT: Installed Free Power Widget, which has a USB toggle. When I switched on USB via this control, I got ARCHOS7 and SD Card popping up as drives on my PC. Yeehaa :) :) :) :)

I installed Spare Parts from Market, so I know Market works, but 'My Apps' list is empty in Market. EDIT: did the Market fix from page 1 (FROYO v5, etc.) which seems to have fixed My Apps list. Realising now my Google Account won't sync (no email, cal or contacts exist :(

Installed LauncherPro - which works fine.

No CyanogenMod settings are working (FC on select)

CPUBoostLite won't run properly - seemed to add some speed if CPU set at just around 700MHz in FROYO v5 (I didn't want to push it too much), but in your GB 2.3.5 it shuts down all the time (also no error given).

OK... so... I'm not sure now whether to go ahead and install GAPPS and all my apps, but my feedback to you is that yes, this really is an improvement on screen calibration, overall performance and snappiness. Well done and thanks again for your efforts!

One small issue I'm having, but not only on this ROM - is sometimes the tablet won't turn on until I uses reset pin... anyone else suffering from this? It happens from auto screen off, when I press power button briefly (standby?) AND when I power off completely... but not consistently... and not always from one way... only now and then. Weird.

Would be absolutely fantastic to have this ROM included in the CM nightlies and to find someone willing and able to tweak a really nice kernel for us. Obviously also the Video playback would be key but the trade off for screen accuracy is compelling.

Last item - does anyone know how to make a complete image backup which can be restored? Haven't tried MyBackup Root or Titanium yet... but that's also because this is only the 2nd ROM I've tried from the out-of-the-box eclair.

FROYO v5 with this 2.3.5 RK2818 8.4" screen calibration would be very very good for everyday use.

This GB 2.3.5 ROM with Video, CyanogenMod functionality and Market/USB working 100% would be UNBELIEVABLY COOL ;)

Thanks again. Anything you need from me i.t.o testing, logcats, etc. please ask.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    nextbook 3 / Prestigio PMP3084B / Odys Genesis
    (same thing all roms work on all 3 devices)
    Android OS 2.1 <<<not any more :p
    RockChip RK2818
    dual Core CPU, at ~600MHz
    8.4" 800x600 resistive touch / 4:3 display

__________________________________NEXTBOOK 2 ROM ONLY_____________________________________
    special thanks to delimeat52
    http://www.mediafire.com/?rd5zoladeyf4tlv
    __________________________________________________________________________________________

Origional Next3 firmware with market and root added
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UR080WKG

Origional Prestigio PMP3084B firmware with root and market
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K7273SCB

Prestigio PMP3084B firmware with root and market and no bloat ware
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O4KIRFXY

Prestigio PMP3084B firmware 2.1.2 striped of bloat only 12 apps pre-installed the system is truly rw, busybox installer verified, boot animations removed
    works grate on the next book (that's what i have)
    i feel its one of the best ones ive created so far
    only con with it is its defaults language is Russian just change the language goto settings its the 7th down,(has an A next to it) press the first option then scroll to English
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GVFCVAJP

same as above but default is english and location is US also
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1FSTL1X1

Market Fix if not working:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Select Applications.
    3. Select Manage Applications.
    4 Press Menu > Filter > All
    5. Clear Cache for - Checkin Service, Download Manager, Gmail, Google Talk Service and Market
    6. Reboot Device

if that dosent work then your on your own and i wish you luck

__________________________________ FROYO_____________________________________________

2.2 FROYO EDITION version 1 !!!!
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AZN9CGCQ

2.2 froyo version 2 stripped of bloat
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6KTPYAAL

2.2 Froyo v3 removed second search, kickback, added life wallpapers added back desk clock
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O2RF5O7X

2.2 Froyo v4 fixed root, Added some essential apps Special thanks to MajstorSpeedy he fixed it!
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XOY8KA14

2.2 Froyo v5 Special thanks to DaremoS he made it!
    fully rooted, smaller, possible speed improvement
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5ZXKJEL7

known problems
    calibration isnt perfect,
    browser force closes install one from market

if you only see one app in the featured of the market place do this
    goto Applications/ALL

Find Market. clear cache & force stop
    Find Google Services Framework. clear data & force stop
    Now when you try to open the Market, it closes and you get an error.
    Reboot phone, Market should be fine now.
    _______________________________________GINGERBREAD________________________________________________

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O8EK69NU 2.3.4 GINGERBREAD beta v.2
    TESTING ONLY
    known things
    - Android 2.3.4 (Gingerbread)
    - TS works fine (had to remove TScalibration)
    - Fully rooted
    - Faster than 2.1
    - Stable
    - Missing USB (missing the ability to connect to pc)
    - Missing Market

special thanks to MajstorSpeedy he created it
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________

move this to the sd card or the internal and update it
    if it says invalid then use the directions and tools here
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X5J1GIDD

more roms coming soon...............

WARNING:
    This will erase all your current data, and as always I a not responsible for bricking your device!

if you wish to buy me an energy drink click here to be sent to paypal!!!!
    i have so far collected $1 for all of my hard work here :D updated on 10/16/11
    Froyo V6 - correct calibration tool

Hi all! You missed me?

I'm back with another custom firmware for Next3/PMP3084/Genesis

To break it down a bit and tell you what's been done.
    I've taken an official Froyo beta1 release and added root and some essential apps
    so that you aren't bothered with installing Astro and Titanium.
    I've removed boot screens from prestigio.

Next to be done is to fix the annoying taskbar issue and improve overall speed of the system, to add a new version of android market and to make a system little more of an lightweight.

I'm currently uploading the update.img so till then bye!

So, here we are! The brand new, rooted, screen calibrated Froyo just for you!

Streamlined version of GB.2.3.7

Here is a revised and corrected version of GB.2.3.7 for RK2818.

It seems that some issues have disappeared.
    Like the problem of link to a PC (so called Mass Storage Screen problem)

Streamlined version

Be aware that Market appears only when Wifi is connected :confused:

It's for 8.4" with bqreaders kernel.

Let me know of the bugs

Thanks and god bless you all!! :D
    New Froyo

Here is Froyo v5.

IMHO the best ROM for our loved device Yifang M901 branded as Nextbook Next3, Prestigio PMP3084B, Odys Genesis, Darwin of bqReaders (Spain), Arnova 84 of Archos (France), to mention some.

Rockchip RK2818 absolutely an underrated chip with excellent capabilities for a cheap chip :) :
    - excellent sound, due to dedicated DSP (normal feature of Rock-Chip chips :))
    - excellent image @720P with graphic acceleration.
    - USB port OTG (Froyo takes advantage of it with USB Host function)
    - G-sensor Rockchip 3-x accelerometer
    - Rockchip manages almost all available formats in audio and video.
    - our device is NOT using TV-OUT bundled in the chip.
    For more info see here http://www.rock-chips.com/index.php?do=prod&pid=2
    Lots of capabilities for a device that cost a quarter of a premium tablet.

About resistive screen... indeed it's a weakness of the chip... but handling it with a pointer can be very nice.
    Multitouch screens are really expensive thanks to the mercenaries of the genre Apple i****.

Download
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5ZXKJEL7

- Still problems with Explorer, must be used Google search of Launcher to use it.
    - Market still need the trick of clean the cache of Market and the data of Google Services Framework. Stopping both apps. Works better when this is done when Market is loaded in Home screen. In other cases requires several attempts.

Enhancements:

- Fully rooted. Can run Titanium Backup, and all root tools..
    - Small size of module.
    - I notice better speed (placebo?)

To do:

- implement A2SD

Sincere thanks to donaldj83 and MajstorSpeedy for make me get in action again.
    Gingerbread 2.3.7 for RK2818... version 2.

This time for 8.4" screen -----> rk28_84_gb7.therom.77

This version have the posibility of fix rotation by using 4 parameters:
    sensor.accelerometer.flip_xy=0
    sensor.accelerometer.invert_x=1
    sensor.accelerometer.invert_y=0
    sensor.accelerometer.invert_z=1
    This parameters work fine for bqreaders Darwin.

Now with a ICS launcher instead of Launcher2 of Gingerbread.
    Reason: this launcher rotates!.
    ICS = Ice Cream Sandwich or Android 4.0
    It's used Roboto font which is Android ICS font.
    It sport ICS wallpapers and an awesome menu which can be seen in portrait mode.
    There are two galleries: the normal one, and the new one which is really slow.
    Recovery is fully functional (For bqreaders and Master-G)

Still is needed to load MP3 and HW video from File Manager.
    With MoBoPlayer video is seen marvellous.
    Songbird play MP3 excellent (ncluded)
    YouTube work fine as expected.
    Market work excellent, I know is the new one which is slow, but is updated automatically :( so it can't be used another.

Problem with list of media in menus comes from module libmediaplayerservice.so.
    If somebody find such module working fine in the ROM... let us know.

So far... no visible bugs. I love this ROM!!

Good night and happy thanksgiving day!