MOTOACTV TCX Exporter

Search This thread

superdave

Feb 19, 2005
Attached is a custom service for the MOTOACTV that will export the workout data table to a TCX file on the SD Card. The TCX file will be automatically created every time a workout ends and will be named with the unique id of the workout. This app is a work in progress, try at your own risk.

,Dave

Version 1.1
Service now exports Garmin TCX file.
Added export app to manually export workouts.

Version 1.2.
Lap Heart Beat Average skipped if 0.
Skip Lat/Lon if not valid

Version 1.3
Corrected naming of auto entered lap.

Version 1.4
Added workout activity lap check and use default value of 6 hrs for 1 lap duration if not found.

Version 1.5
*Apps changed to a release key, uninstall of old version required before install.
Added DistanceMeters to trackpoints
Corrected issue where workout id was being used instead of workout activity id for lap details lookup.

Version 1.6
Combined manual app and service into one app. The previous two apps will need to be removed before installing.
Corrected issue with sport type for biking
Added power
Corrected issue with run cadence and biking cadence.

Version 1.7
Added steps to lap details
Uses workout sub activity (intervals) if available for lap details.

Version 1.8
Changed TCX filename to include Timestamp
Added Settings (Use menu then Click settings to access)
Added DropBox auto export (must enable in settings) *In Testing
Added Google Drive auto export (must enable in settings) *In Testing
Added Runkeeper auto post with Facebook option (must enable in settings) *In Testing

Version 1.9
Corrected issue with default value of local TCX pref (was set to false instead of true)
Corrected issue with manual exporting requiring wifi for local TCX only export.

Version 1.10
Corrected Wifi state on preference change check.
Added settings button to main form (scroll up to see it)

Version 1.11
Improved user interface for settings
Added auto Wifi disable on app exit (optional)
Added Wifi enable button.
Removed automatic Wifi enable and waiting.

Known Issues:
Lap info not calculated correctly after pausing and resuming a workout.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ADB Commands

#Install
adb install Motoactv_export.apk

#Uninstall
adb uninstall com.sdsoft.motoactv_export
adb uninstall com.sdsoft.sd_csv (if coming from old version)

#Start Motoactv_export without having a launcher
adb shell am start -n com.sdsoft.motoactv_export/com.sdsoft.motoactv_export.MainActivity

#View debug logs
# For Motoactv export launch the app, run the following command then click export
adb logcat MainActivity:V *:S
adb logcat AndroidRuntime:V *:S

# For the service run the following command, start and stop a workout, then click End workout .
adb logcat SYNC_Service:V *:S

* Added optional modified settings.apk that has an Export TCX option that will launch the manual TCX exporter app. Only use if your on stock roms or your settings.apk has not already been modified.
# To install
adb remount
adb push Settings.apk /system/app
adb reboot

Attachments

• Settings.apk
    2 MB · Views: 2,598
  • Motoactv_export.apk
    160.4 KB · Views: 2,262
  • Motoactv_export_1.11.zip
    257.8 KB · Views: 2,870
Last edited:

jmcourir

Feb 7, 2009
Québec
Hi SuperDave,

Thank you very much for that nice app! I really enjoy it!
I tested it yesterday with SportTracks and it works great! continue your good job!

Well Done! :good:

JmCourir:laugh:
Rated 5 --> Excellent thread

jmcourir

Feb 7, 2009
Québec
Yes, it woks perfectly:good: with
http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/sporttracks/

I recommend this excellent app for all serious trainers out there!

JmCourir

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Hi Superdave,

Are you able to add steps per minute ? or overall steps of a workout? Steps per day in the tcx file?
If you can do it, I'll ask Sporttracks if they can add this to their software.*

Also, if I use a cadence sensor for bike, does your app still export this kind of data?

Thanks
JmCourir

Last edited:

two_wheels

Jul 1, 2007
How does the import into Sport tracks work? Do you connect the Motoactv via USB, copy the tcx files to your computer then import? Or does Sport tracks connect directly to the Motoactv like the other Garmin devices?

Thanks

jmcourir

Feb 7, 2009
Québec
How does the import into Sport tracks work? Do you connect the Motoactv via USB, copy the tcx files to your computer then import? Or does Sport tracks connect directly to the Motoactv like the other Garmin devices?

Thanks

Hi Two_wheels,

When you open SportTracks, you clic Import and browse into the sdcard of Motoactv and select the file TCX.
Very very quick and easy.

JmCourir

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

JmCourir,

The bike cadence is supported and should export as part of the tcx. I'm not currently doing steps. It looks like they are part of the ActivityLapExtension (http://developer.garmin.com/schemas/tcx/v2/oxygen/activityExtensionv1/ActivityExtensionv1.xsd.html) Is that where you are looking to see the steps at the lap level or is it at the trackpoint level?

,Dave

Hi Dave,
I don't know what ActivityExtension do and what trackpoint level do :confused:

I'd like to see steps per lap, average steps per minutes, total daily steps ?
Is this possible?

Thanks
JmCourir

Reactions: two_wheels

superdave

Feb 19, 2005
Extensions are addon to the tcx format. The only one I found that supports steps is at the laps level. It looks like its a total steps for the lap. TrackPoints are the individual data points that make up a lap. I can get the data for total steps per lap, step avg per lap and steps per trackpoint, but, the only one I see in the tcx format is the steps per lap. Does sportstrack support that or the others?

cdjadex

Jul 12, 2010
Stupid question

This looks awesome, I have a quick question before I get to work on rooting my device, is this something I have to do after each workout or can I wait for a couple of workouts and then click export and it will generate all of their files?

superdave

Feb 19, 2005
The service will automatically create a tcx export on your sdcard after the end of every workout. They are uniquely named and can be pulled off at anytime. The manual exporter is more to get at older workouts and the same thing applies, it will create the file and you can pull it of any time you want.

jmcourir

Feb 7, 2009
Québec
This looks awesome, I have a quick question before I get to work on rooting my device, is this something I have to do after each workout or can I wait for a couple of workouts and then click export and it will generate all of their files?

Hi Cdjadex,
You can wait later to export files. The app generate a new TCX file for each workout.

JmCourir

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

Extensions are addon to the tcx format. The only one I found that supports steps is at the laps level. It looks like its a total steps for the lap. TrackPoints are the individual data points that make up a lap. I can get the data for total steps per lap, step avg per lap and steps per trackpoint, but, the only one I see in the tcx format is the steps per lap. Does sportstrack support that or the others?

Hi Superdave,
I'll ask SportTracks if we can import step per lap, step avg per lap and steps per trackpoint.

I think they do but I dont have any file with step to test it.

I know they support a lot of Garmin stuff..... IMO, we could make the test if it's not hard work for you to give me a app with steps in it?

JmCourir

Last edited:

cdjadex

Jul 12, 2010
The service will automatically create a tcx export on your sdcard after the end of every workout. They are uniquely named and can be pulled off at anytime. The manual exporter is more to get at older workouts and the same thing applies, it will create the file and you can pull it of any time you want.

I am guessing the service starts automatically each time the watch is rebooted or do I need to manually do it through adb?

superdave

Feb 19, 2005
JmCourir,

I'll work on adding steps to the laps.

cdjadex,

Once installed the service will be called even after a reboot.

atsic

Nov 7, 2007
I'm one of the first to appreciate your amazing job. Till now for me everything worked perfect. 3 running workouts and all of them perfect tcx to export with SD_CSV apk. Now installed last version, tomorrow morning I'll find out how it works, even if I'm pretty sure is going to be perfect as the last ones.

I know it's already a great job but can you think about doing an app to import workouts in motoactv??? For all of us will be like a dream!!!

almeriarunner

Aug 23, 2012
yES BUT

Hi guys well.. I got the apk installed and it seems to work..
Only problem is that my motoactv is not seen as a device on my Windows 7 machine.

If I put in another motoactv that is not rooted.. it is seen OK.

So I've no way of seeing the exported file..

any ideas?

I rooted with MotoACTV Root Tool V1.1.6 and followed everything.

Any ideas?

Cheers

atsic

Nov 7, 2007
Hi guys well.. I got the apk installed and it seems to work..
Only problem is that my motoactv is not seen as a device on my Windows 7 machine.

If I put in another motoactv that is not rooted.. it is seen OK.

So I've no way of seeing the exported file..

any ideas?

I rooted with MotoACTV Root Tool V1.1.6 and followed everything.

Any ideas?

Cheers

If You have windows go in the folder Platform-tool, press shift + right click, click on "open command window here" and digit, adb shell stop adbd
, press enter and everything should work now.

stoudamire

Sep 17, 2010
Munich
If You have windows go in the folder Platform-tool, press shift + right click, click on "open command window here" and digit, adb shell stop adbd
, press enter and everything should work now.

You can also press "windows-button + R", type in "cmd" and press enter. In the command file you type in "adb shell stop adbd" as described above.
In my opinion, that´s the fastest "manual" possibility.
However, the fastest possibility is a batch file to do the job automatically. Just press "windows-button + R", type in notepad and press enter. Then copy and paste the command "adb shell stop adbd" into the notepad file. Then go to menu and press "Save as" and save it as filename.bat on your desktop. The next time you plug-in your motoactv you only have to double click on the file and it will be recognised as UMS.

atsic

Nov 7, 2007
You can also press "windows-button + R", type in "cmd" and press enter. In the command file you type in "adb shell stop adbd" as described above.
In my opinion, that´s the fastest "manual" possibility.
However, the fastest possibility is a batch file to do the job automatically. Just press "windows-button + R", type in notepad and press enter. Then copy and paste the command "adb shell stop adbd" into the notepad file. Then go to menu and press "Save as" and save it as filename.bat on your desktop. The next time you plug-in your motoactv you only have to double click on the file and it will be recognised as UMS.

Thanks!!! :)

Inviato dal mio MZ601 con Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Attached is a custom service for the MOTOACTV that will export the workout data table to a TCX file on the SD Card. The TCX file will be automatically created every time a workout ends and will be named with the unique id of the workout. This app is a work in progress, try at your own risk.

,Dave

Version 1.1
    Service now exports Garmin TCX file.
    Added export app to manually export workouts.

Version 1.2.
    Lap Heart Beat Average skipped if 0.
    Skip Lat/Lon if not valid

Version 1.3
    Corrected naming of auto entered lap.

Version 1.4
    Added workout activity lap check and use default value of 6 hrs for 1 lap duration if not found.

Version 1.5
    *Apps changed to a release key, uninstall of old version required before install.
    Added DistanceMeters to trackpoints
    Corrected issue where workout id was being used instead of workout activity id for lap details lookup.

Version 1.6
    Combined manual app and service into one app. The previous two apps will need to be removed before installing.
    Corrected issue with sport type for biking
    Added power
    Corrected issue with run cadence and biking cadence.

Version 1.7
    Added steps to lap details
    Uses workout sub activity (intervals) if available for lap details.

Version 1.8
    Changed TCX filename to include Timestamp
    Added Settings (Use menu then Click settings to access)
    Added DropBox auto export (must enable in settings) *In Testing
    Added Google Drive auto export (must enable in settings) *In Testing
    Added Runkeeper auto post with Facebook option (must enable in settings) *In Testing

Version 1.9
    Corrected issue with default value of local TCX pref (was set to false instead of true)
    Corrected issue with manual exporting requiring wifi for local TCX only export.

Version 1.10
    Corrected Wifi state on preference change check.
    Added settings button to main form (scroll up to see it)

Version 1.11
    Improved user interface for settings
    Added auto Wifi disable on app exit (optional)
    Added Wifi enable button.
    Removed automatic Wifi enable and waiting.

Known Issues:
    Lap info not calculated correctly after pausing and resuming a workout.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ADB Commands

#Install
    adb install Motoactv_export.apk

#Uninstall
    adb uninstall com.sdsoft.motoactv_export
    adb uninstall com.sdsoft.sd_csv (if coming from old version)

#Start Motoactv_export without having a launcher
    adb shell am start -n com.sdsoft.motoactv_export/com.sdsoft.motoactv_export.MainActivity

#View debug logs
    # For Motoactv export launch the app, run the following command then click export
    adb logcat MainActivity:V *:S

# For the service run the following command, start and stop a workout, then click End workout .
    adb logcat SYNC_Service:V *:S

* Added optional modified settings.apk that has an Export TCX option that will launch the manual TCX exporter app. Only use if your on stock roms or your settings.apk has not already been modified.
    # To install
    adb remount
    adb push Settings.apk /system/app
    adb reboot
    This app is now open source and can be viewed at https://github.com/superdavex/Motoactv_export
    Please use this site to track in issues with the app.
    Strava upload

I've added a strava upload feature, this is *very* hacky at the moment, but thought anyone else still using this might be interested, I will clean it up a bit (lot) more. (check for upload success/failure etc!)
    https://github.com/ihewitt/Motoactv_export

Edit:
    cleaned up error conditions.
    attached built apk with api keys.
    updated to v13. added cadence estimation.
    I am just now starting to get to some of these issues. If you have a repeatable issue please re-post it, a consolidated list would be great. So far I have corrected the runkeeper data to include heart rate. I don't see the issue with only Google drive being able to be enabled at first. I also cant repeat the issue with google drives credentials token not being stored. Is anyone else having these issues? The other issue im trying to track down is the tcx not accounting for a pause.

ETA:
    I am working to set up a github for this now. The source will soon be GPL v2.
    Thanks JmCourir,

Glad its working for you.