HTC Hero (Android) Release Date: 10/11/2009

Search This thread

atomixpaintball

Nov 15, 2007
Automotive Capital
Hey guys,

I work for a wireless developer firm and I have just received word from the US carrier (cannot disclose who yet) that the release date for the HTC Hero (Android) is October 11th 2009.

024.jpg

The carrier is giving us specifications to develop wallpaper, ring tones and apps to sell in their market place.

This is just a bit of teaser information for now. I will provide more info as allowed.

And remember, you heard it here first!

Thanks,

Daniel

EDIT: Cats out of the bag. Sprint will be releasing this phone on October 11th.

Last edited:

Sistum Id

Jan 2, 2009
Phoenix
Hmm looks interesting. Does it seem like the screen is bigger than the Dream and Magic? Actually all it seems like is a Magic... wonder what will separate it from the Magic. Also hope it comes in a different color than Hot Pink :D

atomixpaintball

Nov 15, 2007
Automotive Capital
you work for at&t dont u :p judging by the carrier u have :)

If you re-read the original post, I said I work for a Wireless Developer corporation and we create and distribute wallpapers, ringtones, and apps for almost every phone imaginable.

So when any of the US carriers release their phones, we get the specs first so we can create and test the wallpapers, ringtones, and apps for that phone and respective carrier ie (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Sprint, Boost, etc).

Anyways at this time I still cannot disclose which US carrier the phone is being released to, but Ill update as soon as I get the ok.

Daniel

ma3a20

Jul 17, 2008
If you re-read the original post, I said I work for a Wireless Developer corporation and we create and distribute wallpapers, ringtones, and apps for almost every phone imaginable.

So when any of the US carriers release their phones, we get the specs first so we can create and test the wallpapers, ringtones, and apps for that phone and respective carrier ie (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Sprint, Boost, etc).

Anyways at this time I still cannot disclose which US carrier the phone is being released to, but Ill update as soon as I get the ok.

Daniel

Can you give us a hint towards the specs? XD

uansari1

Jul 27, 2008
Karachi
Damn... Until I saw this, I was all ready to pre-order the MyTouch. Now I don't even know if I should be signing another contract with T-mo... :( I think I want this phone!

Andrewr623

Jul 20, 2009
hero

I havn't been able to find a carrier yet but HTC has a full spec sheet on there web site you just have to make sure you are not viewing the us page you have to change either to world wide or Europe or just hit this link

zambezy

Oct 8, 2008
If it is coming to the US its coming to ATT... It passed the FCC with their frequency (850-1900???) I think that was it..

How solid is your information that it would actually be released in the US?

If that is the case I might cancel My TMO contract that I just signed...

I really dont get it with the carriers... why not announce that you are getting this phone especially when TMO is about to launch MyTouch. People are going to get locked in the contracts and not going to want to switch.

TMO has a great deal 1000min+unlimited text and data $75... I hate to pass on that just to find out that ATT is either not going to release the phone or just push it back for mounts.

UGHHHH....

ilordvader

Oct 27, 2007
Mumbai
Rumor is that HTC Hero will show it’s heroic face in USA on October 11th 2009 by an undisclosed US carrier.

This release date is by no means official. The source of the news is from a user over at xda developers, who claims to work for a US wireless development firm. His words are:

I work for a wireless developer firm and I have just received word from the US carrier (cannot disclose who yet) that the release date for the HTC Hero (Android) is October 11th 2009.
How true this news is nobody knows, but some digging has revealed that his service provider is AT&T. That may not prove anything, but it is glimpse of hope nontheless. Will AT&T will be the one to release HTC Hero on the above mentioned date? Remains to be seen.