Nexus 5 and Samsung Gear Fit

Search This thread

wasya152

Mar 20, 2009
Hey, so I got the gear fit today. I used this link from XDA

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51821706&postcount=1316

to download and install the gear fit manager ok. However, I get the pair requests on both the phone and fit, but it just times out and restarts the process. I know this just came out, but i'm hoping XDA can figure out how to make this work with nexus 5. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

mrfeuss

Dec 22, 2012
Nowheresville, NJ

to download and install the gear fit manager ok. However, I get the pair requests on both the phone and fit, but it just times out and restarts the process. I know this just came out, but i'm hoping XDA can figure out how to make this work with nexus 5. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

From here.

Samsung Gear is compatible with 17 types of device models :
Samsung Galaxy S5 / Galaxy Grand 2 / Galaxy Note 3 / Galaxy Note 3 Neo / Galaxy Note 2 / Galaxy S4 / Galaxy S3 / Galaxy S4 Zoom / Galaxy S4 Active / Galaxy S4 mini /
Galaxy Mega 6.3 / Galaxy Mega 5.8 / Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) / Galaxy NotePRO (12.2) / Galaxy TabPRO (12.2/10.1/8.4)
* Compatible device models to be further expanded
* Device compatibility may vary by country.

nala1908

Jan 1, 2011

where did you buy your fit at? i was thinking of going to bestbuy or somewhere and trying to find one. is it only avalible online? i also have a nexus 5 and want to try it out. if it doesnt work ill just return it.

wasya152

Mar 20, 2009

that site won't allow me to download the software because it's a nexus. I found an apk on XDA, downloaded it and installed it. the app opens, communicates with the fit, attempts to sync and times out. I'm assuming it fails the samsung authentication and that's why it happens.

I was wondering if there's a way to recode the apk to fool the app to think i have a samsung device?

nala1908

Jan 1, 2011
that site won't allow me to download the software because it's a nexus. I found an apk on XDA, downloaded it and installed it. the app opens, communicates with the fit, attempts to sync and times out. I'm assuming it fails the samsung authentication and that's why it happens.

I was wondering if there's a way to recode the apk to fool the app to think i have a samsung device?
i bought a fit and its doing the same thing as yours. i can use it but it can use any of the connected functions obviously

greeneyes1988

Apr 12, 2014
I use an Nexus 4 and it works with fit Manager 1.29, also without doing step one form here smartwatchfans .com/ how-to-galaxy-gear-nexus-5

But it also Fails when i try to use fit Manager 1.49...
You can find the link to the older version here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2677686

Has someone an idea why it doesn't work with the 1.49 version?

Also the S Health App doesn't work. I can't open the app.

I hope someone has a good idea and can help us!

Darkbob

Jan 15, 2011
Nexus 5 w/Gear Fit

Hey people. Thanks for this thread. I've got the Nexus 5 and picked up a Gear Fit. So far no luck pairing with GearFit 1.49. I can't find any other version of GearFit so I can't try an older version. But for sure I can confirm that regardless of what I installed (I did all the Gear Manager apk's too just for good luck) the Gear Fit won't pair with a Nexus 5 running Gear Fit v1.49.

For anybody with success, what the heck did you do? If you have a working version of Gear Fit would you mind posting a Dropbox link or something?

Many thanks!

Quentin2

Feb 14, 2009
Hey people. Thanks for this thread. I've got the Nexus 5 and picked up a Gear Fit. So far no luck pairing with GearFit 1.49. I can't find any other version of GearFit so I can't try an older version. But for sure I can confirm that regardless of what I installed (I did all the Gear Manager apk's too just for good luck) the Gear Fit won't pair with a Nexus 5 running Gear Fit v1.49.

For anybody with success, what the heck did you do? If you have a working version of Gear Fit would you mind posting a Dropbox link or something?

Many thanks!

The answer is easy: your Gear Fit needs the corresponding firmware for 1.49. And so far it seems like the FW upgrade only works on the supported devices.
You should continue here: http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5...amsung-gear-fit-nexus-5-t2714484/post51856567

wasya152

Mar 20, 2009
I got it to work with the older version of fit manager. Does anyone know how to update the fit to the newer software that has portrait mode?

Baka no Kami

Jul 22, 2006
I got my Nexus 5 to pair with Gear Fit 1.49 and do the firmware update. I sort of did it accidentally after thinking I had screwed up the Fit, so I'm not sure if any of this was unnecessary. Here's what I did:

Installed 1.49 and tried to pair. This connected initially and popped up the confirmation number, but connection timed out after that point.
Uninstalled 1.49.
Installed GearFitManager-1.apk from post #11 of the other thread. This listed itself as v1.15
Installed GearFit-update.apk from the 1st post of the other thread this was the one from the 9/4/14 link. Version is now 1.25

This is where I though I had messed it up. Tried to pair, it gave me the BT confirmation number and then went into a firware update. Fit changed into BT update mode. Update stopped at 4% of the file copy and stayed there. Resetting the Fit always brought it back into update mode, there didn't seem to be any way to cancel it. On the Nexus there was also no way to cancel the update. I restarted BT and rebooted the phone. As soon as you go back into the Fit manager it detects the Fit and starts the update process, which never got more than a few percent done. Sometimes it would pop up the BT code on the Nexus, but never on the Fit. The Fit still stayed in update mode.

Installed the GR.GearManagerStub.apk. Didn't try to pair again after this point
Installed the 1.49 apk I had originally tried again. Opened up the Fit manager, it found the Fit and popped up the code, once again it automatically went into the update, but this time it completed. The Fit restarted itself after the update and the Nexus paired to it immediately. Most all the functions seem to be working.