Good news! LG to update G2 with G3 UI and Android L!

Search This thread

xtrustkillx

Jul 10, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
i think we get android L, it will take long time thou. Judging from my experience from 2X and 3D firmwares there were v1x v2x v3x. Oh how many times i said never ****ing lg again so i moved on s4, but g2 beats it easily.

Renosh

Aug 2, 2014
Xposed and G2 Tweakbox will NOT add wifi calling functionality. Nothing but a TMobile base can. And, as the previous posted said, thats a pretty big deal for many of us.

The guy who posted about Xposed was referring to using it on the current G2 ROM you have. For G3 ports you have to use G3 Tweakbox. WIFI calling only matter to the TMobile users, while majority of G2 users will be 802 which is the international version. Hate when Americans think everyone on XDA is bothered about their carrier crap.

I personally am not really interested in getting a skinned Android L, I'll either buy the Nexus 5 which is what I'm planning but selling the G2 has been a pain, or buy the next Nexus that will be up for sale around November/December. AOSP support on the Nexus handsets will keep me busy for years, I've learned my lesson the hard way

Reactions: lapena

TheUnladenSwallow

Aug 3, 2013
The next biggest user base after d802 is vs980, I really want the android L update but knowing verizon... A few weeks ago they pushed a baseband update WITHOUT knock code. Like 4 months after it started hitting other g2 devices. From verizon's point of view, the data is the only thing people will associate with them. If they get stuck with outdated software or a bad interface they will blame whoever made the phone, in this case lg. Verizon just doesn't get feature updates out well, the moto series being an exception. Hopefully we get the g3 ui update w/ knockcode included by the end of the year, and then they get android L out for it early ish 2015. Heck I'd be okay with just the whole package in early ish 2015 as long as it comes at all. I still think the g2 is the best phone you can buy from a carrier, the only thing the g3 has on it is the screen which has literally no resolution support and just TANKS the battery. One plus one is nice, but no carrier subsidizing AND my family being on verizon...

Dri94

Oct 9, 2011
Florida
The next biggest user base after d802 is vs980, I really want the android L update but knowing verizon... A few weeks ago they pushed a baseband update WITHOUT knock code. Like 4 months after it started hitting other g2 devices. From verizon's point of view, the data is the only thing people will associate with them. If they get stuck with outdated software or a bad interface they will blame whoever made the phone, in this case lg. Verizon just doesn't get feature updates out well, the moto series being an exception. Hopefully we get the g3 ui update w/ knockcode included by the end of the year, and then they get android L out for it early ish 2015. Heck I'd be okay with just the whole package in early ish 2015 as long as it comes at all. I still think the g2 is the best phone you can buy from a carrier, the only thing the g3 has on it is the screen which has literally no resolution support and just TANKS the battery. One plus one is nice, but no carrier subsidizing AND my family being on verizon...
And camera :p
just buggin you but what you said is true

TheUnladenSwallow

Aug 3, 2013
And camera :p
just buggin you but what you said is true

Actually it's the same sensor. Unless you really REALLY care about slightly faster auto focus we actually have the better camera once you install xcam. And with aosp it'll be the same bad camera on both. Though google camera with hdr actually takes some pretty good photos now, it's just the speed of taking them is so slow and the viewfinder has major fps lag. That's universal with the app.

Dri94

Oct 9, 2011
Florida
Actually it's the same sensor. Unless you really REALLY care about slightly faster auto focus we actually have the better camera once you install xcam. And with aosp it'll be the same bad camera on both. Though google camera with hdr actually takes some pretty good photos now, it's just the speed of taking them is so slow and the viewfinder has major fps lag. That's universal with the app.
Third party can't be allowed though. Focus was amazingly faster for me. Stock wise it has a better camera, screen, processor and speaker. Modified wise one there community ages they will be more enhanced than us.

Top Liked Posts