Air Bubble Inside of Screen

Search This thread
Jul 4, 2013
I recently bought a used HTC One S. Its in great shape and I've only had it for a few months. A few days ago I noticed an air bubble on the left side of my screen. At first I thought it was a crack or a scratch but the glass on my phone is fine. It keeps getting larger and I don't have any money for a new phone at the moment so I was wondering if anyone else had this problem or knows how to fix it?

the4biddendonut

Aug 5, 2011
Elk River, MN
I recently bought a used HTC One S. Its in great shape and I've only had it for a few months. A few days ago I noticed an air bubble on the left side of my screen. At first I thought it was a crack or a scratch but the glass on my phone is fine. It keeps getting larger and I don't have any money for a new phone at the moment so I was wondering if anyone else had this problem or knows how to fix it?

Is it under the screen protector and not the screen itself perhaps?

Sent from my rotary phone

kyleberry.graphics

Sep 1, 2012
Broken Arrow
www.facebook.com
I used to see this on the old acclaims a lot. Best bet is a blowdryer to reheat the glue under the digi. Let it cool slowly though or it can crack (though it's unlikely)
Otherwise it'll need a new digitizer

Sent from my KFSOWI using xda app-developers app

Jul 4, 2013
I used to see this on the old acclaims a lot. Best bet is a blowdryer to reheat the glue under the digi. Let it cool slowly though or it can crack (though it's unlikely)
Otherwise it'll need a new digitizer

Sent from my KFSOWI using xda app-developers app
I've tried this because I saw it on a form for one of the older iPhones and it made it worse!! I'm not really worried about anymore. Guess I'll have to wait for my upgrade later this year :(

mohzim

Jan 20, 2013
Google Pixel 2 XL

I have the same issue .. just started for me... last year my broken screen had been replaced... :(

Rapier

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Theoretically this will occur when the digitizer is getting apart from the screen. As you may know, the screen we see it's composed from several layers glued together. The digitizer is the last layer, the one we touch and transmit our touches to the OS. This is also the part that usually gets broken (if the shock wasn't too big ofc to break the actual LCD screen).
You could go to a service, they are used to replace such parts and they could glue it back. It might be possible that your device had the digitizer replaced in the past and it was not properly glued as it have been initially in the manufacturing plant and that's why you have the issue