[Q] Can't boot phone after upgrade - CyanogenMod 10.2 Stable

Search This thread

ChrisGiggles

Jan 26, 2014
Hey guys,
So the problem I'm experiencing is that my HTC One X is stuck in a boot loop after I applied an update to CyanogenMod 10.2 Stable that I saw in the settings menu. Dumb mistake.

I've tried reading up on the issue but I'm posting here because I want to make sure I don't brick the phone. I bought the phone second hand, already rooted and flashed, so my knowledge on this stuff is extremely limited.

So here's some info:
1. I can access a boot menu when I hold the power and volume down button.
2. From there I can access ClockworkMod Recovery v5.8.4.0
3. I've tried restoring the phone
4. I found and applied the 2 zips that are already in the sd card. The old one: CM 10.1 and CM 10.2. - Both of them get stuck in boot.
5. I've downloaded Fastboot and ADB to my computer.
6. I tried to follow the instructions in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2617301. Fastboot can't find my device (fastboot getvar cid -> waiting for device). I should mention that I mounted /sdcard and also tried mounting 'USB storage' but that didn't seem to do anything.

I also found this thread that might be of help once I get the computer to see my phone: http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/...01-to-102-if-you-get-stuck-at-boot-animation/

Muksleo

Feb 8, 2013
Hey guys,
So the problem I'm experiencing is that my HTC One X is stuck in a boot loop after I applied an update to CyanogenMod 10.2 Stable that I saw in the settings menu. Dumb mistake.

I've tried reading up on the issue but I'm posting here because I want to make sure I don't brick the phone. I bought the phone second hand, already rooted and flashed, so my knowledge on this stuff is extremely limited.

So here's some info:
4. I found and applied the 2 zips that are already in the sd card. The old one: CM 10.1 and CM 10.2. - Both of them get stuck in boot.
6. I tried to follow the instructions in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2617301. Fastboot can't find my device (fastboot getvar cid -> waiting for device). I should mention that I mounted /sdcard and also tried mounting 'USB storage' but that didn't seem to do anything.

I also found this thread that might be of help once I get the computer to see my phone: http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/...01-to-102-if-you-get-stuck-at-boot-animation/

Download htc sync it will install the drivers required ,then you're good to go

Reactions: ChrisGiggles

big noob

Oct 1, 2010
Classified
When you install drivers..Go to recovery wipe everything except battery stats and storage..Then flash cm10.2 zip and then gapps..Then flash boot.img and erase cache.. :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: ChrisGiggles

ChrisGiggles

Jan 26, 2014

Ok, I'm back from trying that. On my old PC laptop the software just failed to install. I'm trying again... takes forever to install.

I also downloaded it for my Mac, that worked fine but it doesn't actually find the phone when connected.

EDIT: POS computers... The Windows one throws up a weird error, no explanation, just a bunch of numbers. The Mac one is just incompetent...

Last edited:

ChrisGiggles

Jan 26, 2014
What windows do you have?? 7,8.1 install drivers automatically..

The PC is running Windows 7... but neither of my computers recognize the phone (or mount the storage) through the USB. :mad:

I'm f*cked I think.

EDIT: Yep, I got the HTC sync to install finally on the Windows PC. And as I suspected, it doesn't recognize my phone.

Last edited:

ChrisGiggles

Jan 26, 2014
So I guess my problem now is that the phone doesn't actually mount. I've never connected it to a computer before so I don't know if this is a new problem or not.

I've tried 2 computers and 2 different cables. I guess the phone is essentially bricked now? So much for "stable" update...

Muksleo

Feb 8, 2013
So I guess my problem now is that the phone doesn't actually mount. I've never connected it to a computer before so I don't know if this is a new problem or not.

I've tried 2 computers and 2 different cables. I guess the phone is essentially bricked now? So much for "stable" update...

Restart your computer after driver installation
after that go where u have fastboot folder press shift and right click and click on open command window here
there u can give fastboot commands

big noob

Oct 1, 2010
Classified
Well,did you try to remove all installed drivers..And let Windows install drivers..That always works for me..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

So here's some info:

When you install drivers..Go to recovery wipe everything except battery stats and storage..Then flash cm10.2 zip and then gapps..Then flash boot.img and erase cache.. :)