wifi not working with oc kernel on maclow studio 11

Search This thread

AltamashAN

Jul 25, 2012
You mean,you installed cocore kernel on cm11?:confused:

Sent from my GT-I9070 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

rog_star

Jul 26, 2013
i just installed oc kernel by cocafe on maclow studio rom everything is pretty superb but only wifi is not turning on in anyway any one can help me!!!!!!!!!!!

You mean,you installed cocore kernel on cm11?:confused:

Sent from my GT-I9070 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I guess he installed the AOSP OC kernel from Alberto in maclaws CM 11.
As CM 11has wifi bug, sometimes reboot will give you wifi back. If reboot doesn't solve the problem, wiping cache solved the problem (at least temporary) for me.

pankspoo

Account currently disabled
I guess he installed the AOSP OC kernel from Alberto in maclaws CM 11.
As CM 11has wifi bug, sometimes reboot will give you wifi back. If reboot doesn't solve the problem, wiping cache solved the problem (at least temporary) for me.
done all things wiped cache but wifi is not turning on i think maclow rom has 3.0.31 kernel and aosp has 3.0.101 kernel but is any way to enable it!!!!!!!!!!!

rog_star

Jul 26, 2013
done all things wiped cache but wifi is not turning on i think maclow rom has 3.0.31 kernel and aosp has 3.0.101 kernel but is any way to enable it!!!!!!!!!!!
I have used maclaws CM 11 with the first 3.0.101 kernel (no OC) from AOSP without problems. But I am back to maclaws 3.0.31 kernel, because of more than 300 additional points in antutu (3.0.101: ~9500, 3.0.31: ~9850).

pankspoo

I have used maclaws CM 11 with the first 3.0.101 kernel (no OC) from AOSP without problems. But I am back to maclaws 3.0.31 kernel, because of more than 300 additional points in antutu (3.0.101: ~9500, 3.0.31: ~9850).
ya i don't know whether benchmark affect performance
but on oc kernel my phone is flying no lag no stop just booooomb booooomb booooomb........
its directly visible in benchmark as u have seen in images
but there is some more battery drain and warming and no wifi issue
but i don't care because i want performance (i. e: no wait to open files, no lag while playing games because some third class phones like galaxy duos karbon a11 and like that runs faster than our sgs advance)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-05-11-56-57.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-05-11-56-57.png
    128.3 KB · Views: 128
  • Screenshot_2014-02-05-13-19-28.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-05-13-19-28.png
    60.4 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

JBSK

Dec 21, 2013
Wifi will not work because the wifi drivers are in the kernel, you changed the kernel so there are errors. Cocore is not compatible with cm because cm uses another kernel. So if you want wifi you have to switch to 4.1 and get cocore kernel and everything will be fine.

pankspoo

Wifi will not work because the wifi drivers are in the kernel, you changed the kernel so there are errors. Cocore is not compatible with cm because cm uses another kernel. So if you want wifi you have to switch to 4.1 and get cocore kernel and everything will be fine.
my friend this is aosp supportable over clocked kernel by cocafe it can be usable on cm roms if it's stock based kernel then my phone will never boot and it goes to loop ha ha ha ha

rog_star

Jul 26, 2013
ya i don't know whether benchmark affect performance
but on oc kernel my phone is flying no lag no stop just booooomb booooomb booooomb........
its directly visible in benchmark as u have seen in images
but there is some more battery drain and warming and no wifi issue
but i don't care because i want performance (i. e: no wait to open files, no lag while playing games because some third class phones like galaxy duos karbon a11 and like that runs faster than our sgs advance)
I have tested OC kernel in CM11. When I install OC kernel with UKF and replace system/lib/modules with the one from AOSP, I can not activate Wifi, no matter what I try to do :crying:
But when I replace boot.img and system/lib/modules in maclaws CM11 zip nad install that zip via CWM wifi is working. :confused:

pankspoo

I have tested OC kernel in CM11. When I install OC kernel with UKF and replace system/lib/modules with the one from AOSP, I can not activate Wifi, no matter what I try to do :crying:
But when I replace boot.img and system/lib/modules in maclaws CM11 zip nad install that zip via CWM wifi is working. :confused:
its really true i had followed same and magic happened
my wifi is working, oc kernel working correctly everything thing is superb
but to make wifi working correctly u have to keep active " scanning always available"

DaRkRhiNe

Mar 18, 2013
Mumbai

Set permissions for the modules