Incoming calls

Search This thread

Aegethir

Jul 27, 2013
Starting two days back, my Z1 receives incoming calls on external speakers instead of internal, so every incoming call starts that way. I need to manually put the call in internal speaker mode.

Unrooted, 4.3, the .290 build.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

thegios

Mar 16, 2006
Latina
Starting two days back, my Z1 receives incoming calls on external speakers instead of internal, so every incoming call starts that way. I need to manually put the call in internal speaker mode.

Same here, seems the priblem is latest Sony Sociallife update.
Try the following: clear cache and data, uninstall updates, deactivate app, restart. Let me know.

Reactions: Aegethir

Aegethir

Jul 27, 2013
Try the following: clear cache and data, uninstall updates, deactivate app, restart. Let me know.

Well, what I did was have someone call me, and call answering was sent to external speaker as usual. During the conversation, I plugged in the headphones and call went to headphones, and then, during the call, I removed them.

After that, I had another three incoming calls, and everything went back to normal, calls were directed to internal audio, not external.

I did that, because I remember that two days ago I was using Walkman app, headphones on, and phone rang. Answered the call from phone's dialler app, and all was fine. And since then, it all started with calls to external, like the phone did not "remember" that headphones were removed.

But that is just my guess, since it seems this plugging/unplugging headphones now fixed it. But you also might be right, since it's two days ago that I've updated Socialife app indeed.

I will keep monitoring incoming calls' behavior, and if it reverts back to external, I will unistall updates, and clear cache etc.

Oh, and before doing the headphones trick, just plain restarting the phone didn't work.

Let me know if you can pinpoint more exactly the cause of all this.

Last edited:

chunlianghere

Oct 22, 2011

u place your phone on a flat surface? if its so, than the phone is helping u to use external speaker since u r not not bringing up the phone to your ear.

Aegethir

Jul 27, 2013
u place your phone on a flat surface? if its so, than the phone is helping u to use external speaker since u r not not bringing up the phone to your ear.

No, phone is not on a flat surface, it is happening even when I put it to my ear, the call stays on external speaker, and I have to tap the on-screen button to direct it to internal speaker.

Aegethir

Jul 27, 2013
This just started happening to me to, was going to post about it. Going to try some of your suggestions.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

In my case it seems that the headphones trick did the job (so far), but if it will persist, I will take a closer look at the Socialife app as well.

Avantiel

Apr 3, 2012
Happening here with me as well. Can anyone confirm if it's socialife?

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

paullu

Aug 26, 2007
usa
I have that issue too
But not all the time

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

Aegethir

Jul 27, 2013
The headphones trick worked let's hope that it will stay like that now

Well, this morning I took a call, and again, on external speaker...

I uninstalled Socialife updates, see how it goes from there.

I don’t have the slightest idea why this started to happen..

Aegethir

Jul 27, 2013
Well, if anyone's got any idea, or a work around, feel free to share :)

juliospinoza

Jan 9, 2012
Tepic
I have the same problem here, not all the time but in almost 10 percent of my calls, it is not really annoying but its weird because all started from nothing. Any idea!? I removed social and still the same

Sent from my C6903 using xda premium

shahzaib.khan

Aug 9, 2011
riyadh
I am facing the same problem in 257. n i remember that few days ago i received the call through headphones.

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

cippi21

Nov 24, 2011
mullingar
Maybe if we clear data and cache from the phone app fixes the problem?...my problem is gone after doing the headphone trick so can anyone else try it or did anyone tried it already?

Last edited:

Aegethir

Jul 27, 2013
I did the headphone trick, but it didn't work for long, after three or four calls, it reverted back to external speaker.

kondziu2000

Nov 22, 2009
I did the headphone trick, but it didn't work for long, after three or four calls, it reverted back to external speaker.

Hello.
I tried:
Disable Sony social l./uninstall updates.
Phone cache clear.
Software repair via Sony pc compaion.
Problem not solved.
Always after phone restart, first incomming call goes to L.speaker.

So Today i tried to uninstall latest Google chrome update(28.02.2014).
After phone restart first incomming is ok- loudspeaker is disabled!
So maybe its a Google chrome problem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.