spb shell 3d

Search This thread

sukiyaki

Dec 20, 2009
Well I just want to share my experience with this launcher on defy. Still in beta, need to improve alot of things (configuration, more widgets...). But looks promising. I really like it. The big problem -at least for me- is that runs a bit slow. I think the program eats too much memory since my cpu monitor shows nearby always the minimum speed possible (300Mhz).

My configuration is UK froyo 2.2 with pays 3.0 or something and setvsel 1200mhz.

WIIstpM

Feb 2, 2011
Vacoas
Well I just want to share my experience with this launcher on defy. Still in beta, need to improve alot of things (configuration, more widgets...). But looks promising. I really like it. The big problem -at least for me- is that runs a bit slow. I think the program eats too much memory since my cpu monitor shows nearby always the minimum speed possible (300Mhz).

My configuration is UK froyo 2.2 with pays 3.0 or something and setvsel 1200mhz.

Pays-rom eats quite a lot of RAM ya know?
Shell 3D is amazing! Blazing fast!
I used Pays-Rom 5.1 I liked it a lot but I was getting to much freezes and lags.
I switched to LiquidArc and running SPB Shell 3D on it and it's super smooth (41fps)
Also clear you apps cache it may improve speed.
Btw 1200Mhz is too high it can affect performance try around the 1000-1100 Mhz.

Last edited:

sukiyaki

Dec 20, 2009
Pays-rom eats quite a lot of RAM ya know?
Shell 3D is amazing! Blazing fast!
I used Pays-Rom 5.1 I liked it a lot but I was getting to much freezes and lags.
I switched to LiquidArc and running SPB Shell 3D on it and it's super smooth (41fps)
Also clear you apps cache it may improve speed.
Btw 1200Mhz is too high it can affect performance try around the 1000-1100 Mhz.

Yeah i know pays isnt de best of best, but I'm waiting to see what happens in the next months to change my rom (maybe unlocked bootloader or cm7 port comes).

But i don't understand what you say that 1200Mhz can affect perfomance? I set 1200 because I play FPSE.

thanks for your reply.

WIIstpM

Feb 2, 2011
Vacoas
Yeah i know pays isnt de best of best, but I'm waiting to see what happens in the next months to change my rom (maybe unlocked bootloader or cm7 port comes).

But i don't understand what you say that 1200Mhz can affect perfomance? I set 1200 because I play FPSE.

thanks for your reply.

The CPU needs more than 64vsel to run stable @ 1,2ghz and more than 64 vsel/1,4volt damage and slow down a 40nm² cpu

That's what I mean!! 1200Mhz can, be unstable, heats up your Defy (40-45'C!!) And eats battery like hell.

Sent from my MB525 using XDA Premium App

MazaMoto

Apr 16, 2011
I tried this on my Defy stock 2.1 (Update 2.59)
Worked well, however I noticed that CPU utilisation was a bit high. I mean in stock form the CPU used to get @ 600MHz frequency during normal browsing but with Shell3D launcher it used to run @ 800Mhx frq most of the time.

I know this is quite natural considering the 3D widgets & all the cool effects, but I uninstalled it so as to save some battery.

lanfearxt

Mar 5, 2011
cyanogenmod 7 running spd 3d shell is smooth like silk, even with 900mhz only. i believe non overclock CM7 can run this easily.

on 2.2, running spd 3d shell with OC 1Ghz lag like crazy!

so install CM7, buy Quarx a beer, and enjoy spd 3d shell!

sukiyaki

Dec 20, 2009
cyanogenmod 7 running spd 3d shell is smooth like silk, even with 900mhz only. i believe non overclock CM7 can run this easily.

on 2.2, running spd 3d shell with OC 1Ghz lag like crazy!

so install CM7, buy Quarx a beer, and enjoy spd 3d shell!

sure i'll do when gps and fm work, atm i'm testing regina 3d launcher

MazaMoto

Apr 16, 2011
one issue with shell 3D is taht it resets the launcher back to stock whenever you press the Home key again... Is there any way to change this..Its really frustrating that you loose all your customized panels & widgets just by clicking the home key?

WTH... is there any way to relaunch the shell3D launcher with your customized settings? Its still installed in your phone, its just that I cant relaunch it.. need help.

adida101

Jun 5, 2011
Running this on CM7 and it's amazing. When I first installed it, it was laggy as hell but after a quick reboot its running without ANY lag. I'm overclocked to 1.2GHz which I'm sure helps too ;)

Last edited: