Ebook Reader

Search This thread

drlebey

Oct 26, 2007
Mobipocket Reader (Ebook Reader) free
The best free ebook reader for the Windows Mobile is hands down the Mobipocket reader. This free application is for Windows Mobile, Desktop Computers and various other handhelds. It features autoscrolling, like movie credits. It also allows you to make ebooks out of Word, HTML, PDF and many other document types. It has a direct connection to an ebook store. If you install a dictionary it will look up words from out of the books. If you install a book on your desktop, when you dock your handheld it automatically syncronizes your books to the handheld. Not only that but it allows you to annotate your books with bookmarks, highlighting, notes etc. The annotations also synchronize with your handheld. There are lots of books to choose from on the site, dictionaries, medical books, bibles etc. Plus you can build and sell your own with encryption using the free Creator app.

Main Site
www.mobipocket.com

Download Site
http://www.mobipocket.com/en/DownloadSoft/default.asp?Language=EN

Direct link to Windows Mobile cab
http://www.mobipocket.com/en/DownloadSoft/DownloadManualInstall.asp

WinMobile_reading.jpg
WinMobile_highlight.jpg
WinMobile_settings.jpg
WinMobile_library.jpg

My Devices
Nino 300
Nino 312
Casio E-105
Casio E-125
Hitachi G-1000
Palm Treo 600
Audiovox PPC 6600
PPC 6700
Mogul PPC 6800

Last edited:

drlebey

Oct 26, 2007
Check my device list

First, the download is free.
Second, most my use with the product is creating my own ebooks out of documents for reading purposes which is also free.
This is my first time posting to the site and I wanted my post to be professional and informative unlike a lot of other posts that dont have pics or good general information.
Sorry, I am not a spammer or affiliatied with Mobipocket in any way, but a power user who likes good info.
I don't like spammers either.
Before you bash check out the product.

My Devices
Nino 300
Nino 312
Casio E-105
Casio E-125
Hitachi G-1000
Palm Treo 600
Audiovox PPC 6600
PPC 6700
Mogul PPC 6800

Last edited:
N

nothin

just try Alreader...
i am wondering: how power user can name pdf reading useful on qvga lol.

Last edited:

itesla

Mar 16, 2006
How does it compare to uBook? New versions of uBook are not free but I think the old one worked pretty well.

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
just try Alreader...
i am wondering: how power user can name pdf reading useful on qvga lol.

As the original author stated..maybe you should TRY it before you complain about it....I keep an assortment of books on my storage card and mobireader does a great job of making them readable...keeps your spot so when you reopen it, you are right back where you started and up/down on the dpad to navigate.

drlebey

Oct 26, 2007
just try Alreader...
i am wondering: how power user can name pdf reading useful on qvga lol?

When you import the pdf it fits everything to screen. You can adjust the font size and it also brings in the pics, link etc. Plus, and this is a big plus, it autoscrolls the screen and you can adjust the scroll speed.

The Alreader program looks interesting, but is there an english version? If so, could you post a direct link to the site?

Last edited:

KarhU

Feb 26, 2007
Espoo, Finland
Reading PDF on QVGA is always pain in the a$$ due to the screen and PDF file format limitations. I use freeware Haali Reader that has these main features:

- Loads plain text and XML files.
- Cyrillic encodings support with autodetection.
- Last viewed position in file is saved on exit.
- ClearType support.
- Any font/size can be selected.
- Fullscreen and landscape mode.
- Colors can be adjusted.
- Text search.
- Dictionary support. Tapping a word opens a translation window.
- Automatic hyphenation (russian language only).
- Table of contents and bookmarks
- Multiple columns support (1-4)
- PRC/PDB files support (plain text and XML only, HTML is not supported).
- Builtin ZIP archives support.
- Autoscroll (controlled from keyboard/buttons only, settings are in Options->Buttons).

drlebey

Oct 26, 2007
Haali Reader is a very fast program with lots of options. It looks to be more promising the next version or 2 later. I say this because of the errors I encountered. It doesn't support as many file formats as Mobipocket and I did not like the desktop version very much. I will give it a chance on the mobile device and use it here and there to see if it grows on me.

KarhU

Feb 26, 2007
Espoo, Finland
You can import many formats with the desktop program including PDFs and send them to your device. They read much better than acrobat reader does on the mobile device.

Will try that! I think as far as integration goes (desktop & PPC) the mobireader is leader. I found something about english and AlReader here. It seems to be a very nice reader too.

IGIdeus

Jun 22, 2007
uBook 0.8o - last free

uBook 0.8o - the last (?) free version

I like this application for:
  1. It reads from ZIP archives
  2. It reads HTML
I hate this application for:
  1. It doesn't have capability to manage files
  2. It doesn't show png pictures
  3. It doesn't have touch scrolling / It's not thumb friendly
  4. New versions are not free - the last one but the most important
Bets regards
IGIdeus

Attachments

• uBook08o.PPC_ARM.CAB
    819.1 KB · Views: 190

IGIdeus

Jun 22, 2007
The best free ebook reader for the Windows Mobile is hands down the Mobipocket reader.

I don't like this e-reader because I don't know how to use it.
I don't know how to display e-books from my location.

There is only option to open e-book, but I must go to my directory every time.
There is no possibility to change location of library.
There is only option to show one of 3 known extensions or all files (also unknown formats for reader).

Best regards
IGIdeus

P.S. Is there any manual?

joemanb

Feb 22, 2006
Ogden,Ut
I think (I may be wrong) the spam reference was about mobipocket.com (I always get their crap in my inbox), NOT the originator of this thread.

Thanks for the info!

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
I think (I may be wrong) the spam reference was about mobipocket.com (I always get their crap in my inbox), NOT the originator of this thread.

Thanks for the info!

I think they thought the original poster was spamming for mobipocket because he presented his post in a very professional manor with pics and a list of features...and he had a low post count.

I appreciate the fact he took the time to do so and since the program is free see no incentive for anyone to "spam" it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can recommend ConvertLIT GUI for a free converter - I just used it the once last week to batch convert a large collection of .lit files but it worked perfectly. When outputting to HTML, AlReader will be able to use the formatting from the original .lit file. Even the picture covers worked, which was a nice surprise.