jst flashing Oden to Gingerbread

Search This thread

jimlmackjr

Mar 7, 2011
ok is it possable to just flash ODEN to flash gingerbread and not flashing a rom
is there any reason that it wont work

4-2ndtwin

Dec 18, 2010
What ??? Please re-phrase ur question in a more clear way. Thanks

But i will give it a try...

You can flash any of the "leaked" or official Gingerbread firmwares (that are pure "leaked" or official stock) through Odin. Just be sure to flash the GB Bootloaders through Odin first, if they are not included in the firmware that u choose to flash. .This may be the answer u r looking for from ur question above...

Last edited:

jimlmackjr

Mar 7, 2011
Yes it does
The wife's cappy keeps freezing up and I don't want to flash. A rom just update to gingerbread to see if that fixes. It. And I might. Flash my infuse to gingerbread.

prbassplayer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Mayagüez
Is it freezing with a 1 click? Are you running Odin in admin. Are you connecting your phone to the rear usb port in the desktop?

jimlmackjr

Mar 7, 2011
No she running otb froyo with the go launcher and even running the regular launcher it locks. Up and she has to pull the battery to reset it

prbassplayer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Mayagüez
Factory froyo could use Ext4 format to help it out. Have you tried wiping the phone? How many apps/ widgets does she have open at once?

El Niche

Oct 6, 2011
Miami, FL
I was just in Froyo and my phone was beginning to lag and run kinda rough. I was weary of flashing because I dont know too much about it and I could afford losing the phone. However, I decided to factory reset (will lose info) and go for the One Click Odin to GB 2.3.5. I cant tell you how much I feel it improved my phone. It was very easy to do(Open Odin, Connect phone, click Start, Done!). Perhaps you can try factory resetting to see if your phone responds and if you feel like you want more, go for GB.