Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

GFXi0N

Aug 14, 2010
Bilbao
Hi!
I just had the weirdest experience with my sgsii
I have been using the unofficial vsync patched cm10 rom for this modelfor the last month or so.
I have been updating at least one per week but this week I decided to give my phone a break and not flash it... i am actually really busy at job.
Suddenly tonight, the phone looked like when you have a SOD... so i just pulled the battery.
Now, it does not pass from the first logo stage, just prior to start booting.
I cannot access cwm recovery either, but download mode seems to work-
Now the odd thng is that i am attempting to flash somethng to get the phone working but it gets stuck in the step "NAND Write start!".... it goes no furter than that...
I have chosen the options auto reboot and f.reset time.
a pda file, phone and csc file from the eaked jb rom.....
The system I am attempting to flash from is a windows 7 pro 64 bit.... and odin is Odin3 v1.85...

Please, tell me i didnt get a brick and there is a way tofix it... :crying:

EDIT: Desperated, i tried to flash latest jb leak again, and chose the pit file that comes with it, which re-partitions the phone...
After 20 minutes not responding, i pulld the battery out... now i cannot even enter download mode....nothing....nada....

Last edited:

Unexist6969

Sep 26, 2012
>> 070 <<
www.youtube.com
EDIT: Desperated, i tried to flash latest jb leak again, and chose the pit file that comes with it, which re-partitions the phone...
After 20 minutes not responding, i pulld the battery out... now i cannot even enter download mode....nothing....nada....

too bad never repartition unless you make your own pit file with heimdall .. :( if you would've wait a couple hours I just pmed you.

and for other people instead of flashing samsung's bricksquadroms you can flash CM9 resurrection edition. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1419102

Make a pit file with heimdall of your own device. Don't trust pitfile that comes with a rom.
I re-partitioned my device and i got like 3GB intern memory back.

There's probably a way to get your device alive. it isn't the mmc cap bug so. search some threads on xda about brickbugs etc of galaxy phones and you'll find people who hardbricked and unbricked their device.

Probably usb jig could get you into download mode i'm not sure though. Or else jtag. Ask some people over there they will know it

Last edited:

GFXi0N

Aug 14, 2010
Bilbao
I will try to revive it with jig.... i must find the thingy though.,..... if not.. i will send it to the service but i'm not sure i'm on warranty....
Being not patient made me f*ck it up bad....
Any clue on how to recover a phone after re-partitioning.... i really don't know where to start... :(

EDIT: JIG does not switch it on either... why did i have to re-partition?!??!?!?!?!?!
That was a dumb move....... any more ideas?

Last edited:

AayushDhuria

Oct 1, 2011
Mobo replacement it is, this incident will at least teach you to be patient, I explained you my problem in PM, I waited for 1 week for USB jig to arrive from eBay :) then flashed stock ROM. I trust the f/w it came with the most.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

GFXi0N

Aug 14, 2010
Bilbao
Mobo replacement it is, this incident will at least teach you to be patient, I explained you my problem in PM, I waited for 1 week for USB jig to arrive from eBay :) then flashed stock ROM. I trust the f/w it came with the most.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

USB JIG didn't work at all..... I have one and it was not able to boot the phone ....

GFXi0N

Aug 14, 2010
Bilbao
Ok, before I repartitioned, making the problem worse, I was experiencing some kind of R/W problem..... there was something odd with the nand because I was able to boot in download mode, but not in recovery (CWM) mode....
Then, when I plugged the phone to the computer, Odin was able to recognize the phone.
I followed some thread around XDA to flash 4.1.2 leak from sammy and when I hit the "Start" button in Odin, it would not pass from the first stages, revealing that R/W or I/O problem.... the internal nand was, somehow broken.... it didn't read or write properly.... so, even If i could find a workaround, I would have lost some internal storage (some posts talk about around 3 Gb or something similar as lost space in these cases).... that is IF i had been able to fix it..... but then, that's what warranty is for..... so I gave it a last (dumb) try..... including the pit file, which attempted a format, which ended messing (i would say the f. word) everything up.
The good side is that unable to even boot, at least i lost the blue loading bar the vsync patched cm10 mod has in the first bootup screen.... which could have revealed to sammy that I was tempering with unofficial roms....

Lesson learned: Be patient people: But also, don't think this could not happen to you: The phone was perfectly working the last time I saw it... and I even was making some phone calls and browsing the internet.... I mean... it gave no prior symptoms or warnings... I t just died..... I guess I have to be glad I'm not one of those people whose phone gets caught up on fire on their pockets for malfunctioning..... :D

Now waiting for it to come back revived from samsung..... I have hope :)

GFXi0N

Aug 14, 2010
Bilbao
Great: After losing the phone and past almost three months, samsung says the phone has been manipulated and the warranty is voided....
I wasn't able to flash back an original firmware prior to sending it to the tech service.....
What do you recommend me to do?
I guess paying for the repair would be quite expensive.... :(

TheATHEiST

Sep 29, 2008
Hull
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Samsung Galaxy S21
Great: After losing the phone and past almost three months, samsung says the phone has been manipulated and the warranty is voided....
I wasn't able to flash back an original firmware prior to sending it to the tech service.....
What do you recommend me to do?
I guess paying for the repair would be quite expensive.... :(

Well what is it you expect us to say, some secret magic word that will fix it for free? :eek:

The choice is pay for it to be fixed or dont.

GFXi0N

Aug 14, 2010
Bilbao
So no magic word or secret passphrase so they will upgrade my device to a SGSIV for free?
Damn.....

I'm asking for advice, since I'm convinced the brick was not caused by flashing anything.....
Does anyone have any experience with this in the past to know more or less how expensive bill could I be facing for the repair?

TheATHEiST

Sep 29, 2008
Hull
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Samsung Galaxy S21
So no magic word or secret passphrase so they will upgrade my device to a SGSIV for free?
Damn.....

I'm asking for advice, since I'm convinced the brick was not caused by flashing anything.....
Does anyone have any experience with this in the past to know more or less how expensive bill could I be facing for the repair?

Dude, it WAS caused by flashing something.

Initially your device wasn't "bricked" and was likely a kernel issue and possibly a dirty usb data connection.

The point when it was bricked was when you tried flashing the pit file, had bad connection and you then pulling battery. This f**ked your nand chip up and only way to fix it is to replace motherboard.

You will need to either purchase a mobo replacement and replace it yourself or pay somebody to purchase/replace it for you. Probably looking at around £100.

gastonw

Dec 19, 2012
When bricks happen, you really need to BRICK it before claiming warranty.

I've got a couple of guys here that own a PhD in bricking.

Brick is the new flash.

Sent from the little guy

Reactions: daniel sitohang

GFXi0N

Aug 14, 2010
Bilbao
Jig wasn't working
Flashing anyting.. even just a recovery wasn't working
FLashing official didnt work
Flashing CM didnt work either
Tested different cables and different ports

It was f*cked up already... anyway: 4 samsung devices owned: 3 gave problems of hardware..... that cannot be a coincidence...

Repartitioning erased my tracks, if anything... because the 3 key combo for recovery was working until then..... but either way they managed to access the memory somehow, I guess.....

Last edited:

gastonw

Dec 19, 2012
Jig wasn't working
Flashing anyting.. even just a recovery wasn't working
FLashing official didnt work
Flashing CM didnt work either
Tested different cables and different ports

It was f*cked up already... anyway: 4 samsung devices owned: 3 gave problems of hardware..... that cannot be a coincidence...

Repartitioning erased my tracks, if anything... because the 3 key combo for recovery was working until then..... but either way they managed to access the memory somehow, I guess.....

Don't blame the phone, blame the user.

GFXi0N

Aug 14, 2010
Bilbao
Yeah, sure... anyway... thanks for the help... I hope some day you need it and someone will come not trying to mocking you..... anyway... this is the trend around here lately...
Happy trolling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you cant enter recovery or download mode you have no choice but to JTAG repair or mobo replacement.
    When bricks happen, you really need to BRICK it before claiming warranty.

I've got a couple of guys here that own a PhD in bricking.

Brick is the new flash.

Sent from the little guy
    No need for that: Your mamma's not around here....

Seriously, if you don't have anything useful to say and you are going to keep on trying to troll, you should give up..

No wonder you got so many posts in less than 3 months.... all of them are similar to these last ones....

I have no time for this... you guys keep on ranting all by yourselves from here.... I'm out...

Idle time + I am a very funny guy ;)

You say is too much? My post count I mean.

BTW, what ever happened to the OP? you didn't like the answers/advices/suggestions/comments?

PS: It's almost 2 months, not 3.
    Thread closed at the request of the OP.