[SOFTKEYS] Zenyth Keys v3 - The SEXIEST keys EVER! [FLASHABLE ZIP+ZIPTHEMER][ICS/JB]

Search This thread

mmegalodon

Aug 14, 2010
/system/app/systemUI.apk/res/drawable-xhdpi is where the images are that you would replace with the Zenyth key PNGs.

Using a file explorer with capabilities to extract and zip, like Root Explorer;

*Extract SystemUI.apk
*Extract Zenyth.zip
*Copy the PNGs to location listed above under the extracted file, accepting the replacement of the necessary files (multi select and move all at once for convenience)
*Create zip of SystemUI and rename from SystemUI.zip to SystemUI.apk and move to and replace under /system/app
*Phone should reboot and you should be good

**Permissions are XX-XX-X-- if you need to alter them, but you shouldn't

Create a backup, just in case, and maybe keep a renamed copy of SystemUI if you want to easily revert. Can be done on the phone in a matter of minutes. Very simple! :good::)

I can't imagine this being any different under 4.2.2 and if you need further explanation just ask.

Last edited:

xxSAKISxx

Dec 12, 2009
VOLOS
Απ: [SOFTKEYS] Zenyth Keys v3 - The SEXIEST keys EVER! [FLASHABLE ZIP+ZIPTHEMER][ICS/

/system/app/systemUI.apk/res/drawable-xhdpi is where the images are that you would replace with the Zenyth key PNGs.

Using a file explorer with capabilities to extract and zip, like Root Explorer;

*Extract SystemUI.apk
*Extract Zenyth.zip
*Copy the PNGs to location listed above under the extracted file, accepting the replacement of the necessary files (multi select and move all at once for convenience)
*Create zip of SystemUI and rename from SystemUI.zip to SystemUI.apk and move to and replace under /system/app
*Phone should reboot and you should be good

**Permissions are XX-XX-X-- if you need to alter them, but you shouldn't

Create a backup, just in case, and maybe keep a renamed copy of SystemUI if you want to easily revert. Can be done on the phone in a matter of minutes. Very simple! :good::)

I can't imagine this being any different under 4.2.2 and if you need further explanation just ask.

very good guide my friend to put the softkeys manually. What about the flashable zips? No longer work on stock 4.2.2?

Send from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

matthew0776

Dec 22, 2012
Chicago
Zip themed has worked for me on 4.2.2 wit these soft keys as well

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

mmegalodon

Aug 14, 2010
For PA users: I am supposed to put all those image files in each of the 3 XHDPI folders, right?

I'm not terribly familiar, but if you are speaking for the multiple layouts that might make sense. Before you do anything you can peek in the folders and see if you can see the images. You should be able to scroll through fairly quickly and determine if those png's reside in those locations and, if so, they would need to be replaced where applicable. Take a peek, make a backup, give it a spin. Maybe someone with more PA experience can speak to it, though. I saw this, but again, I am not familiar. I shouldn't even be talking to you. PRANK CALLER PRANK CALLER

A quick search did find this, which leads me to believe you are on the right path. :)

*** Paranoid Android ***
Download one of the Softkey themes that starts with MMZT_
Make a backup of your ROM in Recovery
Extract SystemUI.apk from your ROM (located in /system/app) using your favorite File Explorer App with Root access
Open SystemUI.apk and put each image from the MMZT_ file (located in /res/drawable-xhdpi) downloaded in the following folders located at /res (replace the existing images): drawable-sw600dp-xhdpi drawable-sw720dp-xhdpi drawable-sw1000dp-xhdpi and drawable-xhdpi
Paste new SystemUI.apk into /system/app using your favorite File Explorer App with Root access

LasVegasRomeo

Jan 15, 2012
Las Vegas
www.vegasromeo.com
6_zps18192544.png
7_zpsef3d837d.png

LasVegasRomeo

Jan 15, 2012
Las Vegas
www.vegasromeo.com
Has anyone figured a way to make softkey background translucent (like 50%) rather than pure black for zenyth? Thanks.

The keys are just the keys with and have no background. Just normal stand alone png graphics. You have to have a rom or a mod for whatever particular rom your on that has navigation & status bar customization. Which will allow you to set different levels of transparancy, change colors, etc....
Quick screenshot for ya...the gray checkered background shows that its transparent...no background with these keys. What rom are you running?
zkeys_zps03199938.jpg

Last edited:

whitewallman

May 1, 2010
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Shiny 4.2.2
Also Bugless Beast 4.1.2
Both are very "stock" aosp roms, with very little customization.
Actually, I'd like to do the navbar and statusbar at about 30%-50% transparency level.
Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

gerg004

Oct 16, 2010
Does anyone Know it these work On the Galaxy Note Il running the soft key mod? These are the sexiest soft keys of all time, and I miss them from my Gnex Days

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

AhmedFaiz

Jun 20, 2011
Calicut
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 8 Pro
working great on pa3

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

How did you install it? can you please share the step by step how to install it.

Thanks in advance.

I just flashed it with zipthemer noting changed . I can see both the files undo and update also when I flashed noting changed. What am I doing wrong here help needed I am on PA 3+ and I used a PA update rom file for edify scripting support . Or should I download the updated version of the edify phone database ? Help please wanted this softkeys badly for a long time new to andriod .

Is there workaround for zipthemer on pa to make it work on all the PA modes are there there is only the way to do it like the OP mentioned in 1st page?

PARANOID ANDROID NEXUS 4 (BlueMooN)

Last edited:

AhmedFaiz

Jun 20, 2011
Calicut
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 8 Pro
Zipthemer got this going for me....
7uduveru.jpg

But! No dice with the Zenith keys. I found a work around though. Paranoid Darkness Theme that I applied via the theme manager.... :p

esejy5y5.jpg

Tapatalk sent from the future.

Can you help with the zipthemer on the workaround please. :) made all the update and undo zip files .but after flashing noting changes wat is the work around for this on PA.

PARANOID ANDROID NEXUS 4 (BlueMooN)

AhmedFaiz

Jun 20, 2011
Calicut
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 8 Pro
Can anyone make a YouTube link how to install it on PA to run it on all the modes and the step by step of manual tweaking that is written in the OP ?

I need help I installed it with zipthemer and I can make it work in the stock UI mode but its going back to normal one while changing the modes and I made a undo file for back up .but when I flash it .its not working nor I am able to get back to stock buttons in stock UI mode. How to get the undo flash work? Thanks in advance.

PARANOID ANDRIOD 3+ on nexus 4 (Blue MooN)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    s2r21h.png

Hello, I bring to you probably the MOST good looking/sexiest/awesomest/amazing-est softkeys I have ever made or even seen.
    Inspired by the Samsung Wave's Capacitive Touchkeys and touched up by me. All keys are MADE by me and designed by me.

Keys in package - Home, Back, Tasks, Big Menu, Small Menu, Search, Keyboard Back (Jelly Bean)

It is highly recommend that you use CWM recovery to flash the package. Some members have informed that there are low chances of the patch being successfully patched by other recoveries.

NEW JELLY BEAN VERSION (3) IS UP WITH THE KEYBOARD BACK/DOWN KEY AND BETTER COMPATIBILITY

You can flash version 3 on ICS, it won't harm

I RECOMMEND YOU USE THE ZIPTHEMER VERSION, USE THE FLASHABLE ZIP ONLY IF ZIPTHEMER DOESN'T WORK

PEOPLE ON ODEXED ROM, DO NOT FLASH THE .ZIP, USE ZIPTHEMER INSTEAD OR MANUALLY REPLACE THE IMAGES IN YOUR SYSTEMUI.APK

THE EASIEST WAY TO INSTALL IT THROUGH SOFTKEYZ FROM THE PLAYSTORE
    You no longer need to download the keys. Just download SoftkeyZ from the playstore and find the zenyth keys in the app. Just click on thanks to appreciate my work! Donations are most welcome, need em! Thanks!

Instructions to Install - [Flashable Zip]

• Put package into your internal storage.
    • Flash package through recovery

[ZipThemer] -

1. Download and install ZipThemer from the Market
    2. Download the Softkey Set
    3. If this is the first time using ZipThemer, hit the (hidden) menu key -> Hit "Update Edify" -> Hit "Browse" (pick a file that you have flashed before on your phone, like your ROM or a theme) -> Hit "Configure" -> Then hit the 'back' softkey to return to the main screen.
    4. Click the "+Theme" button, browse to the download folder and select the .zip you have just downloaded using the ZipThemer link in the First Post, probably /sdcard/download
    5. Click the "Build It!" button, and when it prompts if you want to make an "undo-zip", click "Always"
    6. You will now see the output screen with the Build Log, check if everything went alright, it will show that a zip file has been created on /sdcard/
    7. Reboot your phone to Recovery after this and flash the .zip file that is created on /sdcard/
    8. Done! If you experience problems or want to undo the action just flash the "undo-zip" that's also located on /sdcard/

Download -

Zipthemer Versions - Click Here! [All Colors]

Zipthemer BLACK - Click Here! [BLACK only]

Original Grey - [Flashable Zip]

MediaFire - Click here! [Grey Color]
    DropBox - Click here! [Grey Color]

ICS Blue - [Flashable Zip]

MediaFire - Click here! [ICS Blue Color]
    DropBox - Click here! [ICS Blue Color]

Pure White - [Flashable Zip]

MediaFire - Click here! [Pure White Color]
    DropBox - Click here! [Pure White Color]

BLACK - Ninja - [Flashable Zip]

MediaFire - Click here! [BLACK]

For whoever is having a problem installing these -

1. Download Zenyth Keys in whatever color you prefer to your PC
    2. Download your favorite rom to your PC
    3. Open Zenyth Keys with Winrar and Extract vrtheme folder to desktop
    4. Go to vrtheme\system\app\SystemUI.apk\res\drawable-xhdpi folder
    5. Leave drawable-xhdpi folder open for now
    6. Open your favorite rom with Winrar
    7. Go to system\app and click-open SystemUI.apk
    8. Go to SystemUI.apk\res\drawable-xhdpi
    9. Go back to vrtheme\system\app\SystemUI.apk\res\drawable-xhdpi
    10. Highlight-Select all images and drag them to SystemUI.apk\res\drawable-xhdpi folder
    11. Winrar will do a copy and replace of all selected images
    12. Winrar will prompt you with a notification box saying that "SystemUI.apk was modified update archive"-select "Yes"
    13. Close Winrar, you now have updated your soft keys on your favorite rom
    14. Copy your favorite rom to your phone
    15. Boot into Recovery, Wipe cache-dalvik, Flash rom, Install gapps (Certain JB roms needed when flashing-update), Reboot
    16. Enjoy your new Soft Keys!

To Install on Paranoid Android -

just some manual work needed

1. Make a backup.. you never know
    2. Pull "SystemUI.apk" from "/system/app/"
    3. Download flashable version of zenyth keys
    4. Open "Zenyth - ICS Blue - Flashable - v3.zip" (Or w/e version)
    5. Go to "vrtheme\system\app\SystemUI.apk\res\drawable-xhdpi" and extract all images from there to some folder
    6. Open the folder where the image files are put
    7. Open "SystemUI.apk" with some file extractor (i used winrar)
    8. Navigate to "\res". you will find three "drawable"-folders ending with "xhdpi"

--> sw600dp: phablet
    --> sw720dp: tablet
    --> just drawable: phone

9. Put the extracted images in the corresponding folders
    10. I hope you made a backup! i am not to blame for any fail :p
    10. Close, push "SystemUI.apk" back to "/system/app/"
    11. Pray and Reboot

Please click on 'THANKS' - It makes me happy!
    And also rate the thread!

Please Donate if you can, I really need a new computer. This one is turning me down a little to much! :(

Thanks, have a great day!​
    Glad to see people still using these :)

My exams are ending by the 31st of March, you guys are up for a big surprise after that, future projects/packs as follows

1. Zenyth Precision - New Keys
    2. 3 New Softkey Packs
    3. Precision HD Wallpacks - 4 new versions
    4. Gleam Android Improvement Project (GAIP) - Huge new update
    5. Probably a theme in the market? ;)

There's a lot to come! Just support me :)
    These keys aren't really that good looking at all. When it was in the franco and minooch ROM I almost gagged at how ugly it was. But nice job and I respect the work just don't say it's the sexiest keys ever because thats very subjective

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

and your post is a waste of 5 lines! Why don't you see if you can find something useful to do with your time!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app
    Zenyth Stats -

Zenyth keys are downloaded about 15 times everyday.
    Total Download - 70,000 :D

Thank you so much for all your support. And thanks to those who're helping people get Zenyth work for people facing issues. I've been really busy these days!

Thank you so much! Please click on thanks (this post) for everybody to have a look at it!
    I'm running a aokp theme, try to flash zip, no go, try to edit soft keys in from control, no go, any advice?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Umm, that's probably because of the theme you are using, which one is it? I'll look into it's framework.

Wallpaper please, I will give you another thanks!

Wallpaper < - Click here! :)