[IMP][JELLYBEAN / KIT KAT]FAQ's All ROMS, MODS[UPDATED]

Search This thread

kk9999gada

FAQ & TROUBLESHOOTING
JELLYBEAN / KITKAT on SG ACE+
================================================== ==================================================

This is the Original Thread for Troubleshooting Jellybean & Kit Kat on Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus.
First of all the credit goes to all the developers without whom it would not be possible to TASTE JellyBean/KitKat on our SG Ace+.
This thread will provide you all the information in case you face any problem while using JellyBean or KitKat.

================================================== ==================================================
WARNING : This thread is only for JellyBean & KitKat users.

>>Things You Need To Know Before Flashing Any JellyBean Rom

Before Flashing Any JellyBean Rom Be Sure That You Are Fully Prepared:
  1. See that the Ace Plus is Rooted. If not then Go Here
  2. Also make sure that you have installed CWM Recovery.
  3. Make Sure That the Rom is Compatible with Phone Model or variant.
  4. If You Brick Device Then Developers Will not be Responsible.
  5. Make Sure that You are Flashing Rom on your Own Risk.

>>Upgrading From Gingerbread to JellyBean/KitKat

PROS:
If you are upgrading from Gingerbread to JellyBean then make sure you have performed all the above steps. It is a good choice if you have made your mind for upgrading to Jellybean. Now you will be able to taste the new API of Google with many new features of JellyBean and in bonus additional Cyanongenmod Features.

CONS:
You will have to sacrifice some features such Integration of Flashlight with Camera App. Although you can use Torch app made specially for CM 10.x. You will also have to Sacrifice some battery life of your phone. Although the battery life depends upon the usage of Phone.

VERDICTt:
It is a smart and worth choice if you are upgrading to jellybean.

>>Enabling DEVELOPER OPTIONS in CM 10.x/11

To Enable USB Debugging just follow these steps:
  1. Open Settings > About Phone
  2. Navigate To Bottom you will Find Build Number.
  3. Tap 7-8 times Continuously on it till it says "You are a Developer Now" or something like that.(SEE IMAGE)
    attachment.php
  4. Thats it.

>>Enabling USB DEBUGGING in CM 10.x/11

1. Go to Settings > Developer Options
  2. Scroll Down
  3. Check USB DEBUGGING (SEE IMAGE)
    attachment.php
  4. Thats it. Done.

>>Accessing The External Storage in CM 10.x/11

There are Many Ways to access your External SD using CM File Manager

Easy Method (No Root Permission Required):
If you Have Enabled Root in CM File Manager then disable it.(JUST FOR SAFETY)
  1. Open CM File Manager.
  2. Now Open Bookmarks.(SEE IMAGE)
    attachment.php
  3. Now Select SDcard.(SEE IMAGE)
    attachment.php
  4. Thats it there you are.

Advanced Method (Root Permission Required):
As an alternative you can also use this method to access your External SD
  1. Open CM File Manager>Settings>Advanced>Access Mode
  2. Change the access mode to root mode. Allow File Manager to Access Root.
  3. Now press back button till you don't see Storage 1 & 2.
  4. When you get there Tap Storage2. It is your External_sd.
  5. There you are Enjoy.

Now, Whenever you want to access external repeat last two steps.

Note : You can also use other File Managers Available in the Play Store such as ES File Explorer.

>>White/Black Screen Fade Issue

If you are flashing CM 10.x on any other variant other than GT-S7500 the you will get white/black screen fade issue while booting.
Till now there is no solution for that.

Warning: Don't use the Gingerbread Method for solving this issue you will end up with a shiny brick.

>>WiFi Turns Off When Screen Locked

No need to worry. The WiFi turns off when we lock our phone due to WiFi Optimisation Bug.

Follow this :
  1. Go to Settings > WiFi > Press Menu Botton > Advanced (SEE IMAGE)
    attachment.php
  2. Now Scroll Down you will see that Wifi Optimisation is Checked
  3. Uncheck WiFi Optimisation.(SEE IMAGE)
    attachment.php
  4. Thats it now WiFi will not turn off when phone is locked.

Note : Disabling WiFi Optimisation will not affect your phone's performance nor battery life. Just disable it without any worries.

>>Using Flashlight on CM 10.x/11

Note: If you are using Liam.D's CM11 then you don't need to do these steps.

Requires Root & Xposed:
  1. Download, Install & Activate Xposed Installer.
  2. Now Search for Flashlight Fixer or Download & Install Apk Directly from here Flashlight Fixer
  3. Once Installed Activate Module and Restart the phone.
  4. Now open the app and Select the first option and "Flash & Autofocus Delay" = 500.
    (Note : If you lower the value then camera will fail to autofocus)
  5. Thats it now flash light will work with most of the apps.

Flashlight Modes in Camera app after installing Module :
  • Off = Flashlight off
  • On = Torch Mode
  • Auto = Flashlight On Mode 9 (Ambient Light Detection doesn't work due to lack of new driver)

[Old Method]
Use any app from this thread to use Flashlight
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2416167
To use flashlight with camera you can use overlaying flash toggle and manually enable and disable flashlight for taking pictures.
And to use it like normal flashlight use Torch app from the above mentioned Thread

>>Solving Severe Battery Drain on CM11

1. Go to Settings > Privacy > Privacy Guard
  2. Now Press Menu Key or Open 3-Dot Menu.
  3. Check "Show built-in apps"
  4. Scroll Down to "Google Play Services" & Long Press on it.
  5. Now Select 'Denied' in Location, Wake up & Keep awake.
  6. Thats it.

>>PRO TIPS FOR BATTERY SAVING & PERFORMANCE :

1. Use Greenify app from Play Store and Hibernate those apps that you thing will slow down the performance. It is worth battery saving.
    It will save your battery up to certain extent.
  2. Or use Servicely.
  3. Use Supercharger Script to make your phone more smoother. (512 HP Settings Recommended for Supercharging).
    (Warning : Don't use it on CM11)
  4. Make Sure you keep all the apps up-to-date.

>>Enable Android Device Manager for Security (Recommended)

This is the latest feature that Google has added to Google Play Service and most of the users are not aware about it.
Everytime you install a new rom, login, and carry on your work but you forget to Enable this feature.
It is highly recommended for users to keep it enabled.

What it does?
Using this feature you can Remotely wipe your device, ring your device. This feature can erase your important information such as contacts, messages and other information in case your device gets Stolen.

How do I enable it?
  1. Go to Settings > Security
  2. Scroll Down and Select Device Administrators
  3. There you will See that Android Device Manager is Unchecked.
  4. Now tap on Check Android Device Manager
  5. Now Select Activate (See Image)
    attachment.php
  6. Thats it you have now enabled it.
    attachment.php

>>Taking Logcats (Easiest Method) :

Requirements:
  1. Make Sure Samsung USB Drivers are Installed
  2. Advanced Logcat Viewer (GET FROM HERE)
  3. Make Sure you have Enabled Developer Options (See Above)
  4. Make Sure you enable USB Debugging is Enabled (If not enabled then See the Instructions given above)

Procedure:
  1. Enable Developer Options
  2. Enable USB Debugging.
  3. Install Samsung USB Drivers
  4. Connect the Phone to PC
  5. Install Advanced Logcat Viewer
  6. Follow on Screen Instrustions (It is so simple).

Note: If Logcat doesn't start then see your Android Screen a popup will open. Select OK (See Image)
attachment.php

MORE STUFF COMING SOON.....!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-18-22-17-35.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-18-22-17-35.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 6,033
  • Screenshot_2013-11-18-22-17-44.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-18-22-17-44.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 6,479
  • DEBUG.png
    DEBUG.png
    42.6 KB · Views: 5,929
  • 20131119232231.png
    20131119232231.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 5,903
  • Screenshot_2013-11-19-23-19-58.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-19-23-19-58.png
    48.6 KB · Views: 5,889
  • Screenshot_2013-11-20-21-18-47.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-20-21-18-47.png
    25.1 KB · Views: 14,158
  • Screenshot_2013-11-20-21-19-01.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-20-21-19-01.png
    45.3 KB · Views: 14,201
  • 20131124152733.png
    20131124152733.png
    23 KB · Views: 5,792
  • 20131124152808.png
    20131124152808.png
    44 KB · Views: 5,820
Last edited:

mimidevos

Mar 16, 2012
unixfox.eu

If you are flashing CM 10.x on any other variant other than GT-S7500 the you will get white/black screen fade issue.

Warning: Don't use the Gingerbread Method for solving this issue you will end up with a shiny brick.
When i have this bug, i push the power button during two seconds for have the menu power button and the screen turns on ;).

tinocnm

Nov 18, 2013
battary tweaks

# Battery Tweaks
pm.sleep_mode=1
ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0
ro.ril.fast.dormancy.rule=0
it helped me in saving battery

I did it and my phone, went into a Samsung loop, could not get into recovery or download mode, i left it without the battery to try clear some memory left, but now i can´t get any sign of life, do not even know if it´s charging.

tinocnm

Nov 18, 2013
Hard or soft brick

I did it and my phone, went into a Samsung loop, could not get into recovery or download mode, i left it without the battery to try clear some memory left, but now i can´t get any sign of life, do not even know if it´s charging.

Do you guys think i get a hard or soft brick? somewone knows if any jig cable works on s7500? so i can try to get on download mode!

kk9999gada

Do you guys think i get a hard or soft brick? somewone knows if any jig cable works on s7500? so i can try to get on download mode!

I guess it is hard brick. I don't know USB JIG works with Ace+ or not. You can do JTAG repair.

And about Samsung Loop does your phone keeps rebooting and vibrating. If yes then it may be Power button issue. Does your phone automatically start after inserting battery?

Last edited:

tinocnm

Nov 18, 2013
replay

I guess it is hard brick. I don't know USB JIG works with Ace+ or not. You can do JTAG repair.

And about Samsung Loop does your phone keeps rebooting and vibrating. If yes then it may be Power button issue. Does your phone automatically start after inserting battery?

in the begining he was rebooting on his own, but doesn´t vibrated, but now theres not even a single ligth, whats a jtag repair, (pc doesen´t recognizes it)

kk9999gada

in the begining he was rebooting on his own, but doesn´t vibrated, but now theres not even a single ligth, whats a jtag repair, (pc doesen´t recognizes it)

Then your phone is Hard Bricked. Search on Google about JTAG as i also don't know how to do it.

The last option remaining is Service Center or get a new phone.

Last edited:

anooj21m

Apr 17, 2013
Thane
CyanogenMod 10.1.3-2013-11-15 for GT-S7500 [3.0.101 Or 2.6 kernel](built from source)

I have a problem with "CyanogenMod 10.1.3-2013-11-15 for GT-S7500 [3.0.101 Or 2.6 kernel](built from source)"
This rom!!
Whenever i keep any file to download through wi-fi......
The file keep on downloading... BUT when the phone locks automatically or manually ... The wi-fi automatically turns OFF...
And when the phone turns on again the wi-fi again starts..
So the download stops when the phone is locked!!
:( :( :(

kk9999gada

I have a problem with "CyanogenMod 10.1.3-2013-11-15 for GT-S7500 [3.0.101 Or 2.6 kernel](built from source)"
This rom!!
Whenever i keep any file to download through wi-fi......
The file keep on downloading... BUT when the phone locks automatically or manually ... The wi-fi automatically turns OFF...
And when the phone turns on again the wi-fi again starts..
So the download stops when the phone is locked!!
:( :( :(

The WiFi turns off when we lock our phone due to WiFi Optimisation Bug.

Follow this :
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

Last edited:
Reactions: anooj21m

ANDROID-000

Oct 9, 2013
Problem:( my phones battery was 85% when I flashed cm10.1.3 and turn to 58% after flashing. Now I charged my phone but instead of increasing battery was decreasing. Any fix?
I flashed the cm with kernel 3xxxx.
Note: I am using the phone while charging.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Could you give me a link for Supercharger Script ;) ?
    Thanks in advance ;).

Here it is
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276

Don't just say thanks hit thanks.
    FAQ & TROUBLESHOOTING
    JELLYBEAN / KITKAT on SG ACE+

This is the Original Thread for Troubleshooting Jellybean & Kit Kat on Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus.
    First of all the credit goes to all the developers without whom it would not be possible to TASTE JellyBean/KitKat on our SG Ace+.
    This thread will provide you all the information in case you face any problem while using JellyBean or KitKat.

WARNING : This thread is only for JellyBean & KitKat users.

>>Things You Need To Know Before Flashing Any JellyBean Rom

Before Flashing Any JellyBean Rom Be Sure That You Are Fully Prepared:
    1. See that the Ace Plus is Rooted. If not then Go Here
    2. Also make sure that you have installed CWM Recovery.
    3. Make Sure That the Rom is Compatible with Phone Model or variant.
    4. If You Brick Device Then Developers Will not be Responsible.
    5. Make Sure that You are Flashing Rom on your Own Risk.

>>Upgrading From Gingerbread to JellyBean/KitKat

PROS:
    If you are upgrading from Gingerbread to JellyBean then make sure you have performed all the above steps. It is a good choice if you have made your mind for upgrading to Jellybean. Now you will be able to taste the new API of Google with many new features of JellyBean and in bonus additional Cyanongenmod Features.

CONS:
    You will have to sacrifice some features such Integration of Flashlight with Camera App. Although you can use Torch app made specially for CM 10.x. You will also have to Sacrifice some battery life of your phone. Although the battery life depends upon the usage of Phone.

VERDICTt:
    It is a smart and worth choice if you are upgrading to jellybean.

>>Enabling DEVELOPER OPTIONS in CM 10.x/11

To Enable USB Debugging just follow these steps:
    1. Open Settings > About Phone
    2. Navigate To Bottom you will Find Build Number.
    3. Tap 7-8 times Continuously on it till it says "You are a Developer Now" or something like that.(SEE IMAGE)
      attachment.php
    4. Thats it.

>>Enabling USB DEBUGGING in CM 10.x/11

1. Go to Settings > Developer Options
    2. Scroll Down
    3. Check USB DEBUGGING (SEE IMAGE)
      attachment.php
    4. Thats it. Done.

>>Accessing The External Storage in CM 10.x/11

There are Many Ways to access your External SD using CM File Manager

Easy Method (No Root Permission Required):
    If you Have Enabled Root in CM File Manager then disable it.(JUST FOR SAFETY)
    1. Open CM File Manager.
    2. Now Open Bookmarks.(SEE IMAGE)
      attachment.php
    3. Now Select SDcard.(SEE IMAGE)
      attachment.php
    4. Thats it there you are.

Advanced Method (Root Permission Required):
    As an alternative you can also use this method to access your External SD
    1. Open CM File Manager>Settings>Advanced>Access Mode
    2. Change the access mode to root mode. Allow File Manager to Access Root.
    3. Now press back button till you don't see Storage 1 & 2.
    4. When you get there Tap Storage2. It is your External_sd.
    5. There you are Enjoy.

Now, Whenever you want to access external repeat last two steps.

Note : You can also use other File Managers Available in the Play Store such as ES File Explorer.

If you are flashing CM 10.x on any other variant other than GT-S7500 the you will get white/black screen fade issue while booting.

>>WiFi Turns Off When Screen Locked

No need to worry. The WiFi turns off when we lock our phone due to WiFi Optimisation Bug.

Follow this :
      attachment.php
      attachment.php

Note : Disabling WiFi Optimisation will not affect your phone's performance nor battery life. Just disable it without any worries.

>>Using Flashlight on CM 10.x/11

Note: If you are using Liam.D's CM11 then you don't need to do these steps.

Requires Root & Xposed:
    1. Download, Install & Activate Xposed Installer.
    2. Now Search for Flashlight Fixer or Download & Install Apk Directly from here Flashlight Fixer
    3. Once Installed Activate Module and Restart the phone.
    4. Now open the app and Select the first option and "Flash & Autofocus Delay" = 500.
      (Note : If you lower the value then camera will fail to autofocus)
    5. Thats it now flash light will work with most of the apps.

Flashlight Modes in Camera app after installing Module :
    • Off = Flashlight off
    • On = Torch Mode
    • Auto = Flashlight On Mode 9 (Ambient Light Detection doesn't work due to lack of new driver)

[Old Method]
    Use any app from this thread to use Flashlight
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2416167
    To use flashlight with camera you can use overlaying flash toggle and manually enable and disable flashlight for taking pictures.
    And to use it like normal flashlight use Torch app from the above mentioned Thread

>>Solving Severe Battery Drain on CM11

1. Go to Settings > Privacy > Privacy Guard
    2. Now Press Menu Key or Open 3-Dot Menu.
    3. Check "Show built-in apps"
    4. Scroll Down to "Google Play Services" & Long Press on it.
    5. Now Select 'Denied' in Location, Wake up & Keep awake.
    6. Thats it.

>>PRO TIPS FOR BATTERY SAVING & PERFORMANCE :

1. Use Greenify app from Play Store and Hibernate those apps that you thing will slow down the performance. It is worth battery saving.
      It will save your battery up to certain extent.
    2. Or use Servicely.
    3. Use Supercharger Script to make your phone more smoother. (512 HP Settings Recommended for Supercharging).
      (Warning : Don't use it on CM11)
    4. Make Sure you keep all the apps up-to-date.

>>Enable Android Device Manager for Security (Recommended)

This is the latest feature that Google has added to Google Play Service and most of the users are not aware about it.
    Everytime you install a new rom, login, and carry on your work but you forget to Enable this feature.
    It is highly recommended for users to keep it enabled.

What it does?
    Using this feature you can Remotely wipe your device, ring your device. This feature can erase your important information such as contacts, messages and other information in case your device gets Stolen.

How do I enable it?
    1. Go to Settings > Security
    2. Scroll Down and Select Device Administrators
    3. There you will See that Android Device Manager is Unchecked.
    4. Now tap on Check Android Device Manager
    5. Now Select Activate (See Image)
      attachment.php
    6. Thats it you have now enabled it.
      attachment.php

>>Taking Logcats (Easiest Method) :

Requirements:
    1. Make Sure Samsung USB Drivers are Installed
    2. Advanced Logcat Viewer (GET FROM HERE)
    3. Make Sure you have Enabled Developer Options (See Above)
    4. Make Sure you enable USB Debugging is Enabled (If not enabled then See the Instructions given above)

Procedure:
    1. Enable Developer Options
    2. Enable USB Debugging.
    3. Install Samsung USB Drivers
    4. Connect the Phone to PC
    5. Install Advanced Logcat Viewer
    6. Follow on Screen Instrustions (It is so simple).

Note: If Logcat doesn't start then see your Android Screen a popup will open. Select OK (See Image)
    attachment.php

MORE STUFF COMING SOON.....!!
    good
    this will reduce redundancy of questioning i think

add these too
    1 enabling developers option
    2 camera and camcorder apps
    3 flash light app for cm 10 or 10.1
    4 battery drain solution
    5 add swap external memory to internal guide links
    and avs lso add all roms by all deand modifiers
    i have never heard about supercharger script as im not used to use scripts
    is it worth trying?

Yes it is absolutely worth trying.
    Could you give me a link for Supercharger Script ;) ?
    Thanks in advance ;).