[Q] Android phone version on tablet?

Search This thread

blackfire74

Apr 26, 2013
Bytom
Hello, is there any way I can get phone version of android on Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 ? There are few differences that annoy me in tablet version.

jimmbomb

May 22, 2010
St Louis
Hello, is there any way I can get phone version of android on Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 ? There are few differences that annoy me in tablet version.

I bought my Galaxy Tab3 * inch 315 from Negri Electronics a week ago.... Phone AND LTE data with certian providers

http://negrielectronics.com/samsung-t315-galaxy-tab-3-8-0-16gb-lte-unlocked-white.html#.Uq-Zl-LnAfk

Ebay also has the 311 - phone and H+ data..

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?clk_rvr_id=561571360483&_nkw=galaxy+tab+311&_sop=3

Amazon probally has them too

blackfire74

Apr 26, 2013
Bytom
I didn't mean that. I don't want to have tablet with ability to make phone calls like galaxy tab t311 but I was talking about android system version. If there is possible to install android made for phones into tablet?

jimmbomb

May 22, 2010
St Louis
oh... ok...
see this section here..

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-3/development

check the threads there to see if there are any ROMS that will go onto your decive to give you the Phone UI.
I wOUNDN'T flash any roms for OTHER devices onto yours though as different 8inchers have different model numbers are are non-compatable.
Look for one cooked up just for your model..
good luck

ps.. I dont like the tablet UI either.. wasted space with the onscreen buttons...
I like my phone UI on the 315 and a physical home button...

jimmbomb

May 22, 2010
St Louis
Plain t-310 galaxy tab 3 8.0
and yours does have the physical home button?? with the lit up menu and back soft touch buttons on either side of the physical home button??
How about a few screen shots...?? from what I can see from internet pics of the 310.. looka juat like mine 315 except for the green phone tile (app shortcut)..??

Last edited:

blackfire74

Apr 26, 2013
Bytom
and yours does have the physical home button?? with the lit up menu and back soft touch buttons on either side of the physical home button??
How about a few screen shots...?? from what I can see from internet pics of the 310.. looka juat like mine 315 except for the green phone tile (app shortcut)..??

Yes yes yes, but what is that interrogation for? Hahahaha

jimmbomb

May 22, 2010
St Louis
Yes yes yes, but what is that interrogation for? Hahahaha
Sorry... Im just trying to get to the bottom of what firmware you have on your 310.
I have the 315 and the FW looks and acts just like my Mega and my friends s4 both 4.2.2....
with only 3 exceptions that ive noticed so far..
1) the stock Messaging app.. the multiple incoming screen is different from the phones..
2) the stock email app is slightly different
3) the Settings screen is tab like instead of the mobile type.. ie: my device, more..etc..

Can you tell us the 'annoying' features that you speak of that differ from your Samsung phones which are also at 4.2.2.

we hope to get to the bottom of your question soon.. I dont have your device here in front of me, that's why all the questions...