[Q] Is APT-X enabled on your LG G2?

Search This thread

Sebz4n

Apr 22, 2011
Frederiksberg C
Hello!
I just invested in an APT-X Bluetooth receiver, but I don't hear much improvement than regular bluetooth (LG G2 vs LG G Pad 8.3).
It says on the box that LG G2 supports CSR APT-X but on their license website the LG G2 is not listed:
http://www.csr.com/technology-solutions/av/audio-products-powered-by-csr-aptx/brand/LG

It also doesn't state that it's supported anywhere in LGs website, but support claimed it is.
Meanwhile I've read threads here on XDA that says it's disabled, and that you can activate it:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2450096&page=3

But since I am not rooted, and don't want to root my phone right now, I'd like to find out if you guys have it enabled by default (if you are running stock rom ofc). If you are rooted and would check if it's enabled you can do it by using a terminal on the phone
su
getprop persist.service.btui.use_aptx
You should get "1"

If you'd please post your result so I can contact LG if it isn't

Last edited:

PAGOT

Dec 24, 2007
Hello!
I just invested in an APT-X Bluetooth receiver, but I don't hear much improvement than regular bluetooth (LG G2 vs LG G Pad 8.3).
It says on the box that LG G2 supports CSR APT-X but on their license website the LG G2 is not listed:
http://www.csr.com/technology-solutions/av/audio-products-powered-by-csr-aptx/brand/LG

It also doesn't state that it's supported anywhere in LGs website, but support claimed it is.
Meanwhile I've read threads here on XDA that says it's disabled, and that you can activate it:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2450096&page=3

But since I am not rooted, and don't want to root my phone right now, I'd like to find out if you guys have it enabled by default (if you are running stock rom ofc). If you are rooted and would check if it's enabled you can do it by using a terminal on the phone

If you'd please post your result so I can contact LG if it isn't

D802, had to set it first (setprop bla bla) before it was nothing, empty

garywojdan81

Aug 10, 2010
Same for vs980. Had to set it in terminal emulator

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

trav06

Apr 25, 2013
Just enabled is on mine. The value was empty by default on a stock based ROM.

Thanks!

Steamer86

May 29, 2012
Baltimore
Had to set VS980 in terminal emulator. Isn't even labeled on Verizon's box. You can do this unrooted through ADB temp thing without tripping check. :)

Sean473

Aug 29, 2012
London
How can u do this? I'm a total noob but if u can give me some steps I can give it a shot!! I'm rooted already btw..

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

edwgil

Jun 5, 2012
How can u do this? I'm a total noob but if u can give me some steps I can give it a shot!! I'm rooted already btw..

This is from LG support UK :

"Thank you for your email regarding your G2.

I have recieved contact back from LG and can advise that you need to be connecting a device to the handset that is APTX Enabled. On the handset when you connect to the APTX Device it should either be enabled or will prompt you to enable it."

So as it says on the box LG G2 is aptX enabled.

Sport6

May 23, 2011

I was able to enable it yesterday through the same steps as listed. But I skipped the SU step since I am not rooted. You will not get confirmation that it has set it to 1 when you getprop but it seems to work as my audio to my car has improved immensely. I use my phone to stream music to the cars receiver and would get distortion on the higher notes all the time but my tests yesterday show that its not there anymore.

Sebz4n

Apr 22, 2011
Frederiksberg C
I was able to enable it yesterday through the same steps as listed. But I skipped the SU step since I am not rooted. You will not get confirmation that it has set it to 1 when you getprop but it seems to work as my audio to my car has improved immensely. I use my phone to stream music to the cars receiver and would get distortion on the higher notes all the time but my tests yesterday show that its not there anymore.

So you were able to enable it without root?

Sebz4n

Apr 22, 2011
Frederiksberg C
There was no confirmation in the command line (it just didn't say anything after it was entered) but my phones bluetooth streaming to my Subaru was greatly improved.

I just tried as well without root, didn't notice a difference. But then again, my Yamaha YBA-11 has digital Coax output (and APT-X) and my signal has been pretty good.

mschmitt

Nov 10, 2006
I just acquired a VS980 (Verizon G2), and I have a set of Bluetooth headphones that indicate whether aptX is active or not -- the Klipsch ImageOne. It blinks four times for aptX, 3 times for regular A2DP w/o aptX, etc. I hooked them up to the G2, without any tinkering, and not only did they sound great, they blinked four times. I've tried them with other aptX and non-aptX sources and it seems the blinking signals are accurate.

So I'm going to assume I have aptX and, if not, I'll just enjoy the sound anyway.

I just tried as well without root, didn't notice a difference. But then again, my Yamaha YBA-11 has digital Coax output (and APT-X) and my signal has been pretty good.

Sebz4n

Apr 22, 2011
Frederiksberg C
I just acquired a VS980 (Verizon G2), and I have a set of Bluetooth headphones that indicate whether aptX is active or not -- the Klipsch ImageOne. It blinks four times for aptX, 3 times for regular A2DP w/o aptX, etc. I hooked them up to the G2, without any tinkering, and not only did they sound great, they blinked four times. I've tried them with other aptX and non-aptX sources and it seems the blinking signals are accurate.

So I'm going to assume I have aptX and, if not, I'll just enjoy the sound anyway.

Are you on stock LG rom?
I bought a pair of Jaybird Bluebuds X which sound amazing also - without APT-X :)