G2 Front facing camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

wrxtc714

Jul 5, 2008
Buena Park, California
Ok so I was taking a really good look at my g2 using my nexus one led torch.
In the top left corner is a sensor and another odd looking thing.
To me and a few other people I have showed it to it looks like a camera.
I compared it to the sensors on my nexus one and it looks more like a camera than any type of sensor.
I know it doesn't mention anything about a camera in the specs
but just like my nexus one updates unlocked new features that were already there.
the hardware already existed.
I'm not saying I am right
I just want other people to take a good look at it and give your opinion.
If it is a camera then that would definitely make the g2 the phone for me

D

diversificationied

You have a proximity sensor as well as a light sensor.

wrxtc714

Jul 5, 2008
Buena Park, California
You have a proximity sensor as well as a light sensor.

Do you actually have a g2?

you are right the phone does obviously have both the proximity and light sensors
but like I mentioned so does my nexus and this looks nothing like either of those 2
if you are right then I believe the camera looking one would be the light sensor. And that would be one hell of a light sensor
But just a note the leds are nicely hidden under the speaker grill and another sensor could be as well.

I just don't want to rule it out just yet
unless you yourself have a g2 that you have examined please don't make comments

epeets

Sep 4, 2009
H-Town, Tx
i would love to believe that T-mobile hid this surprise from us. Even as far as to not even include it in the specs for the phone anywhere but I really don't think they would. It would also make the phone to much competition for the upcoming myTouch HD which I believe is gonna be even more expensive than the G2 was.

k0shi

Mar 25, 2010
i have to admit it does kinda look like a little camera but that is most definately just the 2 stated sensors. The whole is wayyy to small to be a camera and there was already a tear down of this phone with nothing stating it had a front facing camera. our hopes are crushed :'(

ericc191

Jan 28, 2007
West Fork
i would love to believe that T-mobile hid this surprise from us. Even as far as to not even include it in the specs for the phone anywhere but I really don't think they would. It would also make the phone to much competition for the upcoming myTouch HD which I believe is gonna be even more expensive than the G2 was.

myTouch HD is the Desire HD? If so, they ruined its looks.

funkadesi

Jun 23, 2006
you guys DO know that desire HD has a 4.3" screen as MyTouch HD has a 3.8" screen.... completely different devices.

I'd say its a variant of HTC lexicon (verizon phone) without the keyboard.

RuncaProfundus

Jun 30, 2009
Miami
It does look a little like a cam but its smaller than all the other FFCs I've seen on other phones so I'm pretty sure its just one of the sensors

The HTC website has specs up for the Desire HD. Its a different phone from the mytouch.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App

Psylabs

Jul 14, 2009
The 2 front facing holes were one of the first things I noticed.

The bottom hole looks like it could be a low res camera,
I would open it up to confirm, but im not sure im going to keep the phone so I dont want to void my warranty just yet.

khaosxiii

Feb 26, 2009

If you open the back panel and look underneath the SD card there is actually a flux capacitor - it's for a future update allowing time travel!

joebobjoe

Sep 26, 2010
Fact: Cyanogen could, if he wanted to, make a front-facing camera using just the proximity sensor and the light senor.

khaosxiii

Feb 26, 2009
I really hope that was a joke

Cyanogen has a rooted G2 locked in a vault under his desk right now. After a brief conference call with Chuck Norris and Batman it was decided that he not release it due to the amazing uncontrollable power that would be unleashed on the earth and the possible consequences of it falling into the wrong hands.

Last edited:
Cyanogen has a rooted G2 locked in a vault under his desk right now. After a brief conference call with Chuck Norris and Batman it was decided that he not release it due to the amazing uncontrollable power that would be unleashed on the earth and the possible consequences of it falling into the wrong hands.

dammmmmmmmnn that was the funniest thing I heard yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    someone already tore the phone apart. Don't you think they would have mentioned a FFC?

True story.

I had a friend who is now just a torso because he tried to open the vault, and unfortunately was promptly dismembered by Ninja Chuck and a plastic spork.
    G2 FFC

Ok there is a front facing camera I have had mine sence the fourth and my brother works for tmo and he confirmed that its there just has to be unlocked
    . . . . . There is no front camera on the G2. . .look at the disassembly pictures. . . . . .:rolleyes:

PLUS

There is no way in HELL that the G2 would go this long with out someone noticing an ACTUAL FFC. . . .

PLUS PLUS! There are two sensors, the proximity sensor, and the light sensor. No camera, and the proximity sensor uses a lens, that does not mean it is a "Pin-Hole" VGA, there wouldn't be enough room for a "camera under the proximity sensor".

Sheesh, cell phones don't have conspiracy's or anything like that behind them, and they aren't magical either. . .

I COMPLETELY agree with Tito. Although it would be cool if they were somehow hiding the fact they had a ffc, its just not there.

People see weird things with proximity sensors and ambient light sensors. They always mistake them for front facing cameras.

I would actually be willing to bet (with real money) that there is NO front facing camera on the G2. LOL :D