"USB not recognised", Odin download mode problem

Search This thread

Adnanish

Jun 4, 2011
Hey. Im brand new to this forum and to Android aswell since i came from Iphone. Yea im a noob and sorry if you notice bad english :)
So i received my SGS2 some days ago and after researching about root/custom roms and stuff, I decided to start with rootin my SGS2. i download Odin3 1.85 and superoneclick, i also liked litening rom v1.1 and downloaded that too.
So i turn on "USB debugging" and turn off the phone to enter "download mode" and when i try to connect to Odin, nothing shows up. And Windows bar tells me that usb is not recognised. But... flash drive/transferring files and connecting to Kies works just fine. Please help me, ive been sitting over 24 hours with this issue and ive restarted/uninstalled installed pretty much everything over and over again (kies/drivers/device) not windows though. Why wont Windows/odin recognise it in download mode??? :confused: :mad:

And if possible, is there a way around to install litening rom?? :)

Last edited:

manuvaidya

Jan 5, 2008
Bangalore
Thats weird man....very very unlikely to happen...
Just tell us step by step with screen shots if possible then it becomes very easy for us to find where u r doing it wrong...ok ?

Reactions: Adnanish

Adnanish

Jun 4, 2011
While being in download mode on the phone, the pc/odin is not recognising anything :(

but everything works fine and recognises when i transfer files or use Kies
/tried uploading screenshots but the forum wudnt allow it since im a noob lol)

JJEgan@
Thanks for reply but ive done that several times now :(

afilopou

Oct 21, 2010
Athens
Google Pixel 7 Pro
While being in download mode on the phone, the pc/odin is not recognising anything :(

JJEgan@

This is driver issue.Try to find on kies an option to install the drivers again(i am not in front of my pc).Of course phone on and untick usb debugging

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Tanmay®

Oct 13, 2009
Mumbai
www.tanmay.me
This is a driver problem. The Gadget Driver fails to get installed properly.

Make sure Windows Update are set to automatically find drivers for your devices.

I myself faced this problem. To rectify it I'd to try the same thing on a different machine and it worked flawlessly there.

The problem you're facing is that the Service Mode drivers are not getting installed, hence Odin is unable to recognize it.

Other possible fixes include, trying on different USB Ports, downloading Samsung PC Studio.

Adnanish

Jun 4, 2011
Thx for the replies everyone. Yea i figured its a driver issue, ill try the suggested actions incl samsung pc studio installing, and if its still not working i guess my last resort is using another pc or reinstalling windows on my own pc

sexpest699

Oct 18, 2006
In kies, i think in the tools menu, there is a install drivers option. This will fix the problem im sure. Not sure about pc studio having the same.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App

Adnanish

Jun 4, 2011
fyi, i reinstalled windows and updated everything and the driver connection issue is solved now. I should have done this from the beginning instead of freaking out for several midnight hours lol :D thx for the help everyone, hopefully the rooting and flashing process should happen painless now

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a driver problem. The Gadget Driver fails to get installed properly.

Make sure Windows Update are set to automatically find drivers for your devices.

I myself faced this problem. To rectify it I'd to try the same thing on a different machine and it worked flawlessly there.

The problem you're facing is that the Service Mode drivers are not getting installed, hence Odin is unable to recognize it.

Other possible fixes include, trying on different USB Ports, downloading Samsung PC Studio.
    Thats weird man....very very unlikely to happen...
    Just tell us step by step with screen shots if possible then it becomes very easy for us to find where u r doing it wrong...ok ?
    Turn off USB debugging .

reboot phone and PC .

jje

JJEgan@

This is driver issue.Try to find on kies an option to install the drivers again(i am not in front of my pc).Of course phone on and untick usb debugging

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    In kies, i think in the tools menu, there is a install drivers option. This will fix the problem im sure. Not sure about pc studio having the same.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App