Gmail App vs HTC email app

Search This thread

coolingout

Mar 31, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
The gmail app pushes notifications to your phone. The email app pulls them to your phone.

The benefits of push are 1.faster notifications 2.better battery life because google's servers are doing most of the work.

lorijuan1024

Mar 15, 2008
when i hade my iphone 4 non of the emails were push but i had my gmail setup as a microsoft exchange and changed some setting and i was getting my gmail pushed dont know if this is the same as htc mail app

You can add gmail as the mail provider but I don't think it will push though. You can setup when it should sync though.

I have my yahoo an hotmail setup that way, but my other 2 gmail accounts is through the gmail app. It would be nice to be able to remove the gmail app an have it push straight to the htc app though.

fallenwout

Oct 19, 2011
I know it is a late reply but i stumble on this one through google search, so maybe others are too.

Solution to get push mail in your htc mail app, is to add gmail account through exchange/active sync. Then you can set it to push as the refresh interval. You don't need the gmail-app anymore.

Reactions: mademan420

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is it possible with gmail application to show the number of new unread email on the icon?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Yes it is if you download Gmail Unread Count from the Market.
    I know it is a late reply but i stumble on this one through google search, so maybe others are too.

Solution to get push mail in your htc mail app, is to add gmail account through exchange/active sync. Then you can set it to push as the refresh interval. You don't need the gmail-app anymore.