Android Open Kang Project - vibrantmtd - build 35

Search This thread

bosox86

Aug 23, 2010
I take it back. I was able connect the phone to my computer once. I copied over subzero kernel build 61, flashed, couldn't connect again. Rebooted to recovery, enabled USB MTP nothing. Cleaned the usb on the phone and computer, still nothing. The usb is only charging the phone.

other than that the rom is awesomesauce. This is my third time coming back to it after trying Euphoria and CM9.

mr_psycho

Jan 14, 2011
Dog House
I take it back. I was able connect the phone to my computer once. I copied over subzero kernel build 61, flashed, couldn't connect again. Rebooted to recovery, enabled USB MTP nothing. Cleaned the usb on the phone and computer, still nothing. The usb is only charging the phone.

other than that the rom is awesomesauce. This is my third time coming back to it after trying Euphoria and CM9.

Ok. I just tested MTP mode with my phone, and it's working. Shouldn't matter, but I'm using IC Zenwich 1.5.1 with the latest subZero build 70 kernel. Still, it should work the same way with build 61, and IC Zenwich is based on AOKP.

So, I rebooted to recovery and enabled MTP in the USB Storage menu. Then, I rebooted the phone, and ran "getprop persist.sys.usb.config" and it shows me "mtp,adb". So, I know my phone is in the correct mode.

Are you using Windows, Mac OSX, or Linux? At this point, things probably differ for us, since I'm in a Linux environment. In any event, I mount the mtp filesystem, and all my files/folders from the internal SD card show up (after about a minute). The system appears frozen for me, but I guess that's just how long it takes for Linux to go through all the Gigs of data on my SD card. When that's done, I can browse just like any other HDD or USB thumb drive.

Can you verify that after enabling MTP in CWM Recovery and rebooting, that you are actually in MTP mode (use the getprop command above in ADB shell or Terminal Emulator)? Since I don't have Windows or an Apple, I can't verify if/how it works under those environments. But things seem to be working.

MP

bosox86

Aug 23, 2010
Ok. I just tested MTP mode with my phone, and it's working. Shouldn't matter, but I'm using IC Zenwich 1.5.1 with the latest subZero build 70 kernel. Still, it should work the same way with build 61, and IC Zenwich is based on AOKP.

So, I rebooted to recovery and enabled MTP in the USB Storage menu. Then, I rebooted the phone, and ran "getprop persist.sys.usb.config" and it shows me "mtp,adb". So, I know my phone is in the correct mode.

Are you using Windows, Mac OSX, or Linux? At this point, things probably differ for us, since I'm in a Linux environment. In any event, I mount the mtp filesystem, and all my files/folders from the internal SD card show up (after about a minute). The system appears frozen for me, but I guess that's just how long it takes for Linux to go through all the Gigs of data on my SD card. When that's done, I can browse just like any other HDD or USB thumb drive.

Can you verify that after enabling MTP in CWM Recovery and rebooting, that you are actually in MTP mode (use the getprop command above in ADB shell or Terminal Emulator)? Since I don't have Windows or an Apple, I can't verify if/how it works under those environments. But things seem to be working.

MP

Mr P

I'm using windows, terminal emulator is saying "mtp,adb". Just plugged in the usb and it's charging the phone, nothing else. I don't think it's the usb connection because Odin still works in DL mode.

Drjjones426

Jan 8, 2011
Mr P

I'm using windows, terminal emulator is saying "mtp,adb". Just plugged in the usb and it's charging the phone, nothing else. I don't think it's the usb connection because Odin still works in DL mode.

Do you have fast charge enabled in rom control? If so it won't mount til its unchecked

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

azoicwight

Jul 25, 2010
Rebooting in recovery, I couldn't find a Enable MTP option in Mounts and Storage. I'm on the stock kernel (daniel ubuntu #1?). Also nothing shows on clicking menu under Settings > Storage. Maybe it doen't support MTP whereas SubZero does. Will try it out when I've some time.

meamgood

Sep 3, 2009
Would the CM9 Alpha fix for how the SD card is mounted work for the issue we are having with the SD card? By that, I mean this:
Can I mount the phone as mass storage via USB?
Starting from BUILD12, mass storage is the default configuration (might not apply to existing installations). The below command can be used to change into USB Mass Storage mode. USB Mass Storage mode is always used in recovery.

Code:
Code:
setprop persist.sys.usb.config mass_storage,adb

If you want to switch to MTP mode use

Code:
Code:
setprop persist.sys.usb.config mtp,adb

Please reboot after executing the command.

** Update: I just used the second code in Terminal Emulator to change to MTP and my SD card shows up in Windows now.

Last edited:

robertd0619

Sep 29, 2010
MARYLAND
Last edited:
Reactions: lostwhat83

Alex9090

Dec 11, 2010
Does anyone have a problem on these 4.0.4 roms where screen goes blank for a couple of seconds before fully coming on when you press power button?

Sent from samsung vibrant

tduermeier

Oct 8, 2010
Boulder, CO
Does anyone have a problem on these 4.0.4 roms where screen goes blank for a couple of seconds before fully coming on when you press power button?

I have noticed this exact issue since Zen upgraded to 4.0.4. I mentioned it in that thread as well but no one there seemed to have the same issue. I just did a clean flash to ICZ 1.5.1 (based off build 31) and this same problem persists. Most of the time it seems to take a little long for the screen to wake, and other times it seems to come on with only a very dim back light, though the latter seems to be more of a random occurrence.

Edited because I'm out of touch.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex9090

Alex9090

Dec 11, 2010
I have noticed this exact issue since Zen upgraded to 4.0.4. I mentioned it in that thread as well but no one there seemed to have the same issue. I just did a clean flash to ICZ 1.5.1 (based off build 31) and this same problem persists. Most of the time it seems to take a little long for the screen to wake, and other times it seems to come on with only a very dim back light, though the latter seems to be more of a random occurrence.

Also, I notice the topic is now titled "milestone 4"... time to get excited?

Yea, i was talking about that dim issue. It is soo annoying! I have tried everything but can't get rid of it.

PS Milestone 4 is an older build.

tduermeier

Oct 8, 2010
Boulder, CO
Yea, i was talking about that dim issue. It is soo annoying! I have tried everything but can't get rid of it.

PS Milestone 4 is an older build.

False excitement on my part then, read the Build 31 description on the AOKP site where it mentions moving towards another milestone and I just figured 4 must have been the newest.

In any case, surely if other people were experiencing this we would have heard it by now. It really is annoying and made me start to think maybe my backlight was dying.

Can't seem to find any particular cause of it myself as it's been occurring even after a clean flash without messing with any of the lock screen settings.

BIGG13

Sep 5, 2009
Anyone have a problem with the keyboard? When I text someone and lock my screen, still in the chat panel, and then unlock it it won't let me type anything. I have to exit the chat and go back home before reopening and texting again. Started noticing this problem whenever roms went to 4.0.4

Alex9090

Dec 11, 2010
Anyone have a problem with the keyboard? When I text someone and lock my screen, still in the chat panel, and then unlock it it won't let me type anything. I have to exit the chat and go back home before reopening and texting again. Started noticing this problem whenever roms went to 4.0.4

Yes, i think its a known issue of ics. Happens on all the roms i ve tried.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png
    changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
    installation-1.png
    1. Make sure you're on the latest CWM
    2. MAKE A NANDROID
    3. wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    4. flash ROM
    5. flash Gapps
    6. reboot
    downloads-4.png

Find all builds and milestones at the AOKP site. If unsure hit the "Releases" tab and you'll find them ordered by latest release!

contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to me
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.
    mute/unmute probably exists
    gps probably doesn't work

the rest you tell me :)
    I built for my devices, and figured y'all would appreciate it as well. Here's M5, with fixed ROM control startup tweaks, and working PC mounting of external SD. http://androtransfer.com/?developer=AOKP&folder=vibrantmtd Themed version coming soon.

Edit: themed version up as well.
    Build 26 Bug Fixes

I just tested Build 26 and everything is running smooth with Glitch v5. The external sd card mounting doesn't work still and you will have to flash Br!cked and MP's external sd mounting fix. Don't worry about the "format sd card" message in the status bar when connected to USB because it is harmless. The GPS takes 1-2 minutes to lock and for me it only got down to around 27 ft accuracy. I have combined the GPS files test and yagf2 gps files in one flashable cwm zip files and after flashing it I get down to 12-15ft locks within 10 seconds on first lock with Glitch v5. The camera also force closes on resolution change just like Build 25. The CM9 Build 16 camera works fine and I have attached the MP's CM9 Build 16 camera fix below. The AriesParts.apk in Build 26 breaks the ability to change CM9 Colors with the Galaxy Settings shortcut in app drawer. You will have to adb push or copy the AriesParts.apk from ICZen that I have attached below to system/apps overwriting the old one and set full permissions for it and reboot. So far these are the only bugs I have found in Build 26. Roman do you think you could implement all of these fixes including the updated GPS files in Build 27. I am sure Br!cked has already made you aware of them but I am posting them just to make sure. I have attached all Build 26 fixes below. Thank you Roman for this wonderful rom!
    Build 39 has been out for a few days but not for the vibrant. Were there device specific commits that broke the vibrant build? Maybe somebody close to the project will comment. Whatever it is I hope it gets resolved. Still clutching my vibrant. :)

You can Download it Here,
    http://teamkang.kangdroid.org/roms/vibrantmtd/

and Here,
    http://goo.im/devs/aokp/vibrantmtd