S-off is Official!!! With Instructions...

Search This thread

SightSeeker

Apr 23, 2012
flashing to the stock RUU seems to work.

TO ALL, if you are having issues, just bite the bullet and flash back to the stock RUU. worked for me the very first time once I did this. Thanks all.

How do I do this again? I'm on ICS clean rom with the leaked ICS radio and hboot. I have the rezound_ics_androidpolice_3.11.605.22 .zip file but it's not flashing. Do I have to lock the boot loader again first?

SightSeeker

Apr 23, 2012
Where does ur phone currently stand? Have you started the exploit yet?

Back on clean rom 4.3. I tried the s-off like 10 times and getting nowhere. I want to get back to main ICS leak. I have RA flashed on as well.

edit - I want to get back to main ICS to try the S-off from there again. I eventually want to get back to rooted GB and radios so I can stop my poor battery life.

Last edited:

whtciv2k

Dec 4, 2007
How do I do this again? I'm on ICS clean rom with the leaked ICS radio and hboot. I have the rezound_ics_androidpolice_3.11.605.22 .zip file but it's not flashing. Do I have to lock the boot loader again first?

actually, try this.

do a nand backup using CWM or AR recovery (i prefer CWM as it has less issues)
do a full factory wipe

once booted into the OS and things settle run controlbear.

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

I just realized I have been a member since 2007 and only have 18 posts. all of which are in this thread lol. I guess search was my friend for the past 5 years :)

Reactions: morrichad

morrichad

Jan 16, 2008
Concord, NC
Back on clean rom 4.3. I tried the s-off like 10 times and getting nowhere. I want to get back to main ICS leak. I have RA flashed on as well.

edit - I want to get back to main ICS to try the S-off from there again. I eventually want to get back to rooted GB and radios so I can stop my poor battery life.

Try this, Scott has changed it from the orginal instructions that I used to do CleanRom DE (Senseless Version)

http://www.scottsroms.com/showthrea...off-w-headset-PAUSE-PLAY-recovery-etc-etc-etc

SightSeeker

Apr 23, 2012
actually, try this.

do a full factory wipe

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

I just realized I have been a member since 2007 and only have 18 posts. all of which are in this thread lol. I guess search was my friend for the past 5 years :)

I'm pretty sure I tried that but I can try again. Have people been getting it to work off 4.3 clean rom? I see some posts where people had to go back to stock ICS to get it to finally work.

morrichad

Jan 16, 2008
Concord, NC
actually, try this.

do a full factory wipe

That is how I did mine after all the troubles I had with mine, just skip through the start up screen and make sure USB debugging is checked. Then go from there, basically a fresh start on everything!!!;)

madjokeer

Aug 10, 2006
If it says fastboot-usb you clearly are not bricked. Why are you doing this stuff to your phone if you can't answer very basic questions about how to fix these things?

**edit**
Shorting that port to ground enabled download mode, which is a special mode for transferring information to the phone. Just like adb, or fastboot. Its just a different, less known mode. The wire trick enabled the juopunutbear to use download mode to turn off the secure flag.
.. or something like that.. its all pretty fuzzy still.
I'm not sure, but I think ODIN for Samsung phones works via download mode..

Still though, a brick is just that - a paperweight. No screen, no way to do anything. dead. nada. toasted. having fastboot-usb mode is NOT brick.

Dude... After doing the wire trick the phone screen is black, no buttons function and I am assuming its in this "download mode" you speak off, but the s-off script shows awaiting for phone, and says check device manager, so I checked it has that unknown device, no fastboot-USB until it do the wire trick again and the phone reboots

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

madjokeer

Aug 10, 2006
flashing to the stock RUU seems to work.

TO ALL, if you are having issues, just bite the bullet and flash back to the stock RUU. worked for me the very first time once I did this. Thanks all.

I am on bamf 2.1 with latest firmware, are you suggesting flash back to latest CIS leak by android-police which is link 4(rooted version)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Land Master

Jun 18, 2010
Highlands Ranch, CO.
I must have had just the proper amount of BEER or I'm just a lucky SOB.

I started reading about the procedure (In the original Discussion Thread) Saturday Evening about 6 hours after the exploit was released. I caught up on all the discussion and felt comfortable enough that I had the procedure figured out.

I was on the ICS firmware (HBOOT 2.21) and running CleanRom 4.0
I had AmonRA 3.14

I downloaded the ICS Version of the control program (I guess this would have been v .1), extracted it and inadvertently placed the files ControlBear.exe, jb_boot.img and jb_hboot.zip the "tools" directory instead of the "platform-tools" directory of my adb installation. I'm telling you this because in my experience it does NOT need to be in the same directory as fastboot and adb.

I charged my phone to 100%
I replaced my "working" SD card with a new 2GB blank card
I prepared a single strand of Cat 5 copper wire by stripping both ends.
I booted into CleanRom
I insured that USB Debugging was enabled
I "Right-Clicked" on ControlBear.exe and selected "Run as administrator"
I plugged the phone into my computer when it said "Connect Device"

Now... This is where my setup is a little different then most. I was running Win7 32bit under parallels on my Mac. As such I was prompted to either make the device accessible in the Host (Mac OsX) OR in the Guest (Win7 x32). Obviously I chose the guest and I heard the USB windows "gong". The program continued and I was eventually presented with "do wire trick now" scrolling on the screen. My phone was laying face down the entire time.

Now, I actually screwed up again as my intention was to touch the ground for 1.75 seconds, release, and touch it again. See, even with all my extensive reading I have now made two mistakes. It didn't matter because in my first few attempts absolutely NOTHING happened. "Do wire trick now" continued to scroll on my screen and the absence of any windows "gongs" leads me to believe that nothing was happening on the device.

I tried again but this time I held the wire in the hole as straight as I could figuring that I simply missed the contact pad in my first attempt. This was probably the case.

Now my eyes ain't what they used to be and that little gnd tit is really small. This and the wire I was using was small as well. From what I recall I then attempted to come down directly on top of the copper tit and I remember the wire slipping off. Then I tried to touch it again and the same thing happened BUT I heard the Windows GONG and the text in control bear started to scroll. I flipped over the phone and the Junotobear icon with an arrow pointing down was on the screen. I watched the text in the command box and drank beer. Everything that was listed had SUCCESS next to it or sunny day or whatever, all positive. It got to the end and asked me if I wanted to flash the Hboot and I said yes. It did so and if I recall it said it was successful and to press enter to quit. I did and my phone was left in the white fastoot screen. I opened a command window in my adb installation directory and entered "Fastboot Reboot". My phone rebooted and CleanRom was up and running.

I downloaded quick boot from the market and used it to enter bootloader, Upon doing so to my delight I was S-Off. I replaced my original SD card rebooted to CleanRom and everything was intact. I lost no pictures, text messages, call logs or anything. It was as if I never did the procedure in the first place.

So the moral of the story is even though I was cautious and read for 4 hours before doing the deed, I still made a couple of errors and in the end I guess I simply got lucky.

Please understand that this is not a na na hey hey I got it and you didn't post. I genuinely hope that some of this information is useful to others and truly feel bad for those that haven't been able to "get there".

Good luck!!!

Last edited:

whtciv2k

Dec 4, 2007

Hrm, you might have to do the mainver trick first...

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

this was what was happening to me for 3 days. i downgraded RUU, factory reset and tried again. worked on the first try and got the wire trick on the first try.

jidcman

Dec 29, 2011
Hi everybody,
can someone please guide me on the right direction a far as the order/correctness (not the directions) of the steps to obtain S-Off on my device?
Facts:
HBOOT-2.10.0000
eMMC-boot
Oct 5 2011, 21:18:48
CLEANROM 3.7

a6f84855-67e8-ca85.jpg

a6f84855-6801-8fd2.jpg

I will follow all instructions to the teeth.
I'm just not sure if I should relock and update the HBOOT before doing the S-Off procedure.
Also I'm not sure if I need the ICS or GB download since I'm running ICS but is not the leaked version.

Sorry for the noob questions. I'm pretty sure my questions have probably been answered before and for that, I apologize,
But I get overwhelmed with all the posts.

Thanks in advance,

Jidcman

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Demiurge7

Nov 17, 2011
Bellevue, WA
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Just let you all know I had everyone of these error messages that I've seen except one or two of them. Especially this message: "QHSUSB_DLOAD" and just disconneted the cable and pulled the battery, then rebooted into Hboot. Open controlbear.exe and begun again.

There really needs to be an all in one tutorial on this citing different events and how to try to handle them each, if possible. GrayMonkey44 has done an exceptional job of trying to pull everything into one place and with additional tips to go with this S-off development:D. But I feel in some areas the guide lacks additional needed information?:confused:

I want to personal Thank You to team of JuopunutBear, Con for his posts on how to get back into your device in case of semi screw-ups; ie; being stuck @ JuopunutBear screen left being stuck scratching your head trying to figure what to do next, hgoldner for mini How-To helped me get started and to the end of the process and the metronome was very helpful! Their were others as well and will post a personal thank you once I gather all the names.;)

Trust me I screwed up a lot and was always able to figure my way back out of all my predicaments. Though it was scary & hair raising @ certain times.

I will try to post helpful tips and pull some quotes from other posters to help from both threads together to help out. Yes I wish I would read the other S-Off FAQ thread especially cause there is statements and ideas in there to help too. Noticed was having some the issues in the thread of S-off FAQ that would helped me sooner with some of my problems. If anyone reads that thread start in around page 100 and go from there and there will some additional enlightening information to help.

Some tips I can post now is if using a paper clip wrapped in tape on both ends where bent. Take paper clip and bend the 2 ends and this way Pin1 make that one end long to go in to the hole. On the other end shorten that up that end to touch ground. If the wire trick doesn't work from Pin1 to Ground, reverse the directions and go from Ground to Pin1. I also left on piece of the clip in Pin1.

Using a metronome provided by hgoldner on pg. 95 of this thread listen to beats in between the time pauses one wil be low the next will be high. When doing the wire trick to the beat pop one end in one contact(Pin1), there will a lite clicking sound and right before the next beat pop the other contact(ground) and release and should start the rest of the exploit.

I also got errors of local/data/JuopunutBear: not found and no beer for bear also. Try deleting the files you inserted into your adb/sdk files you inserted and other copies of stuff that shouldn't be in there. Unzip the JuopunutBear zip again and reinstall those files. Go to adb the folder that houses the adb/fastboot files and right click on the root folder for adb.exe file and can open a command window from there as well.

Make sure if needed between any errors if your not sure is to format sdcard via computer in Fat32 format.

****Also remember to have a copy of your recovery.img & boot.img handy.****;)

****Most important and I can't this stress enough is to make sure you make a copy your of internal & external cards. ****:eek:

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

May I ask what mode your are starting in. Are in android(your Rom)mode or Hboot.

I am starting in Rom mode (running scotts cleanrom senseless dev edition). I am reinstalling fastboot and ADB, completely uninstalled anything HTC, starting from scratch - but it seems as though if it got as far as it did, then the drivers and adb should have been working properly - I tested adb beforehand, pushing, pulling, and running various commands... I made sure everything was working and in line. So its a little confusing. Will try re-installing adb and fastboot, maybe will go back to the RUU as well, just to be sure. Will take any idea's though, thanks!

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

I am having this same problem as well. Reinstalled SDK and drivers, but still cant get past this process. I'm able to get back into fastboot and flash recovery, so its not like my pc cant detect my phone.
FWIW, I'm on GB, using CleanRom 4.3 using old firmware patch.

What appears to be happening is when ControlBear reboots the bootloader and sends the phone into the black screen with green arrows, it breaks connection between the phone and pc and cannot find the device.

Thats exactly what I was thinking... I was able to flash the backup recovery and the ICS kernel from my rom immediately after, in fastboot. So your right, its not as though my computer is not seeing the phone - rather, control bear doesnt seem to be able to see it... I havent seen many with this issue (one I found in the sensation thread for juopnutbear).

techferret

Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, CA
I am starting in Rom mode (running scotts cleanrom senseless dev edition). I am reinstalling fastboot and ADB, completely uninstalled anything HTC, starting from scratch - but it seems as though if it got as far as it did, then the drivers and adb should have been working properly - I tested adb beforehand, pushing, pulling, and running various commands... I made sure everything was working and in line. So its a little confusing. Will try re-installing adb and fastboot, maybe will go back to the RUU as well, just to be sure. Will take any idea's though, thanks!

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Thats exactly what I was thinking... I was able to flash the backup recovery and the ICS kernel from my rom immediately after, in fastboot. So your right, its not as though my computer is not seeing the phone - rather, control bear doesnt seem to be able to see it... I havent seen many with this issue (one I found in the sensation thread for juopnutbear).

Just a suggestion to everyone who has a failed S-Off...try running ControlBear again after the failed command (you would be stuck on ControlBear's recovery). Believe it or not, after many failed attempts I did just this and my S-Off was granted! Just a suggestion since it worked for me...I was utilizing the AndroidPolice leak of ICS.

SightSeeker

Apr 23, 2012
Well after 2 days of trying over and over I finally got it. I was on clean rom 4.3 and once I went back to the stock leaked ICS I got it on the first try. I didn't even do the wire trick right. I was trying with the paper clip and I wasn't getting good contacts. I was just tapping away like 10 times and it finally made contact and it worked. Please anyone having trouble go back to stock if you are on a modified leaked ICS and try again. It wasn't even doing the correct sequence of screens on the rom I was on during the reboots.

Can anyone point me to a way to get the stock GB back on and radios? I don't want to mess things up now that I have S-off I just want to get my battery life back and wait for the OTA. Thanks

Hotweelz66

Aug 6, 2009
Salem/Metro
Finally achieved S-off! 4 days later. lol. If anyone is having a problem with the program recognizing your root you need to make sure your adb is set up right. Also read up some on adb here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1241935 it helped me alot. After getting adb set up with proper path I was able to run the program. Got the timing right second time around. This was also with great help from the team on the #juopunutbear IRC channel. If you need help that's the place. Just be respectfull these people put in alot of time helping out.

mentallo

Feb 1, 2012
New York
OnePlus 9 Pro
Just did the S-Off and it worked fine but now I am stuck in hboot and no recovery seems to be installed. How come it doesnt just boot back into my rom? Should I just install the recovery manually now? and the what?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fixes for Internal Memory and External SD card are at bottom of post!

May be easier to make a completely new thread instead of people searching through the "s-off discussion" thread.

I'm going to make a huge SD Card post right at the top because it seems like people still are overlooking it in the "s-off discussion" thread... Not trying to be a ****, just making sure people don't lose crucial information on their SD cards...

Version 0.4 should not wipe internal memory anymore and should back up your external SD card: but I would still back up both just to be sure!!!!

Here's the link for Instructions:

http://unlimited.io/instructions/

Read the Instructions carefully and thoroughly at least once before attempting. This will temporarily brick your phone. Don't be lazy. Don't forget this will format your SD card so save all your contents or use a spare!!! I used my old 2GB droid incredible sd card for mine...

Prerequisites said:
    Prerequisites

In order to use JuopunutBear you must meet the following pre-requisites:

Be unlocked using the HTCdev bootloader unlock
    Be rooted (have superuser and/or an unsecured boot image installed)
    Have a spare microSD card, or to have backed up all contents of your SDcard
    Have fastboot and adb drivers installed and working (windows)
    Have usb debugging enabled
    Have a legth of insulated wire of sufficient length to join the contact points for your device. See images and videos for device specific information.

Some notes:

Make sure back cover is off before running program.
    Plug in phone before running program.
    Boot phone into ROM before running program, it will automatically boot into fastboot by itself.
    Don't do wire trick until after you run the program and tells you to do so!!!
    Make sure you have "USB debugging" enabled!
    If in Windows, right click program and make sure you click "Run as Administrator"

This post sums up everything nicely...

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25154023&postcount=1289

Instructions said:
    Instructions

(Optional) Perform a full backup and replace your sdcard with one that you are willing to wipe.
    Ensure that your battery is fully charged.
    Choose the correct download for your device and operating system
    Extract the zip file to a new directory
    Verify the MD5 checksum for your download
    Read and/or watch the video for the device specific information for your device
    Run controlbear as admin(windows) or root or using sudo on linux
    Follow the on-screen instructions from ControlBear
    Do not press any of the buttons on the phone during the process.
    After doing the “wire-trick” yor phone will reboot. The sequence of the reboot may vary somewhat from that you see in the videos as these were taken during various stages of development.
    If you see the following message from ControlBear after doing the wire trick:
    ErrorMsg: Still sober.
    This means that you have been unsuccessful in implementing the wire-trick. Run ControlBear again.
    The usual casue for this is that you failed to perform 2 clean contacts or mistimed the wire trick.

Your phone will reboot several times during the process, this is normal. ControlBear will tell you when it has finished whether sucessfully or not.

Here's link for wire trick:

http://unlimited.io/htc-rezound/

Wire Tips:

22ga wire fits almost perfect in the lower hole.

Use a piece about 8 inches long and stripped the end for the lower contact about 3/8 of an inch and the other end just a small amount. Did this to two phones and it worked the first time both times.

It was reported that the large coated paper clips work well too.

Others are using odd objects or other weird improvised wires and having a lot of trouble. It seems to be one of the big sticking points.

I honestly used a paperclip and it worked just fine. Not even insulated... even though they don't recommend it: you could use it as a last resort.... or wrap it with an insulated material. I didn't know the paper clip had to be because I was one of the beta testers.

Don't make this mistake either.

Wire Trick said:
    Wire Trick

The “wire trick” is an essential part of the JuopunutBear S-OFF procedure.

When instructed to do so by the program you must perform the “wire trick” which is done as follows.

Obtain an insulated wire of appropriate length and gauge
    Insert one end of the wire into the hole where pin 1 is indicated in the picture below, ensuring that a firm contact it made with the metal contact at the bottom of the hole
    Briefly touch to other end of the wire to the contact marked GND in the picture below.
    Wait approximately 1.75 seconds and then again touch the wire to the marked GND.
    Allow the program to continue.

Note: it may take several attempts of running the program in order to obtain the correct timing for the wire trick.

The contact points for the “wire trick” are shown in the picture below.

If you're not getting it after wire trick, keep trying! Timing is crucial!!!

Don't forget this will format your SD card so save all your contents or use a spare!!!

Picture of Points:

rezound.jpg

Video of Wire Trick:

New ICS hboot should be included in the download now.
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25147001&postcount=1141

Very nice thread walkthrough thread for fixing external SD right here!
    Fix for external SD is as follows:

1. Install busybox
    2. adb shell busybox fdisk /dev/block/mmcblk1
    3. type o
    4. type w
    5. adb shell busybox fdisk /dev/block/mmcblk1
    6. type n
    7. select primary, then 1
    8. chose default sizes
    9. type w
    10. adb shell busybox mkfs.vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1

For those of you having problems with internal storage, my apologies. We accidentally included the GB hboot.

Download this:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14779955/jb_hboot.zip MD5: b05336c08f709bf0a909205bcb95b951

Put the phone in fastboot mode, then run the follwoing commands:
    Code:
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
    fastboot flash zip jb_hboot.zip
    fastboot reboot

Ignore the green bar.

Pretty much copied everything off the site, but it may be easier to use instead of switch tabs/windows... Good Luck...

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for bricked devices or anything happening to your handset!!!! Just relaying the message

If you're still having issues... The search button is your friend. :) There's a high chance your problem has already been solved. Either search this thread or the discussion of s-off thread. Don't know how to search? WELL NOW YOU CAN IN THIS SIMPLE TUTORIAL!!!!!

Some more threads you might want to check out!!!!

AR recovery and s-off ( fix )

[FAQ] S-Off

just got s-off? please read this.

Oh yeah... ENJOY S-OFF!!!!!

These guys put in a hell of a lot of effort into doing this process... Any donation would be greatly appreciated!

Donate to JuopunutBear Team!!!
    There really is a need for a comprehensive set of instructions (but I'm not quite free enough to do it myself). NOTE - THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE FOR THOSE ALREADY ON THE ICS LEAK WITH HBOOT 2.21 AND AN HBOOT THAT READS "TAMPERED - UNLOCKED." If you are on hboot 2.11 or any other hboot, I can't say for sure whether the following applies to you. If you are on GB, I can't say whether the following applies to you. It was my experience only, and I was successful, and I'm just sharing because after 100+ pages of pretty much the same 10-12 issues, I figure I can at least try to make things easier.

1. Don't try to get S-OFF if you are unrooted or have a locked bootloader. Read the darn instructions through from beginning to end, and review the OP's in this thread, and search for any issues about which you are curious. In fact, go read them again from beginning to end just to make sure you get it right, then come back here.

2. BEFORE YOU START, make sure you have available both an *.img file and PH98IMG.ZIP of (1) your recovery; and (2) your boot image.

3. PULL YOUR SDCARD AND USE A DIFFERENT CARD FIRST. I'm sorry, anyone who has whined about wiping their only card --- you shouldn't play with grown-ups; you didn't read the instructions. If you only have one card BACK IT THE HELL UP, cause it's gonna get wiped.

4. Back up your "internal" SD card. If you're running 0.2 version of ControlBear, it shouldn't get wiped, but you never know what else is going to happen that could wipe it. (Mine was untouched).

5. Gee, you could also do a Nandroid and save it to your PC.

6. All the Juopunut files go in the same file directory on your PC as fastboot.exe and adb.exe.

7. Kill HTC Sync if you're really still running it.

8. Open a command line box; navigate to the directory where you have adb and fastboot (and controlbear.exe and the two supporting files, it's own boot image and its hboot.)

9. Make sure you are admin on your PC.

10. Make sure your Rezound is fully charged, back cover off, connect to a cable (but not yet connected to PC) and you have your insulated paperclip or whatever tool you're going to use. LOOK AT THE PICTURE to be sure you know where you need to touch the wires. You will have time. Put the phone face down on a table or desk.

11. Consider having a metronome around or something to beat out 34 bpm so you know the frequency. Here's a 35 second track (in *.aac format) you can loop on your computer while you're doing it so you have a feel for the interval. I used this when I got S-OFF.

12. Run Controlbear. When it tells you, connect the device.

13. If it doesn't seem to see the device after a few minutes, kill it and start it over. Leave your phone alone.

14. Eventually, your phone's going to start rebooting and you'll get a prompt to do the wire trick. You will get that prompt for a few minutes and you'll have repeated chances to do the trick. After that, ControlBear talks about beer and other nonsense, and either tells you that you are still sober (exploit failed) or otherwise just sort of sits there. After a few minutes, if you seem to be nowhere, kill ControlBear (close the DOS box) and restart it. Leave your phone alone. Ignore any prompts from the PC about devices connecting.

15. Repeat #14 until: (1) ControlBear reports success; or (2) Nothing seems to be happening (and your phone has a green arrow pointing down and Juopunut on the front).

16. If things are stuck that way for >5 minutes (AND you're seeing no changes in your DOS box, no information scrolling, words such as "mmm, tasty", try to reboot into bootloader on your Phone. You might already have S-OFF (that was what happened to me, even though ControlBear never reported success). Be patient, wait a few minutes. Relax. You aren't going to brick your phone. As long as you can reboot to bootloader, ANY bootloader, you aren't bricked.

17. If you aren't S-OFF, go back to #14, if you are, go on.

18. Power off the phone. PULL THE SDCARD. If it isn't your "default" SDCARD, you don't need it anymore, you can put your regular card in. If it is your ONLY card, format the card Fat32 on the PC using a card reader.

19. Using a cardreader, put Juopunut's BOOTLOADER on my SD card as PH98IMG.ZIP (i.e., rename it, it's the file with hboot in the name), reboot to bootloader and accept the update. From the "new" Juopunut's hboot, power down the phone. Remove the card again.

20. Using a cardreader, remove the PH98IMG.ZIP of the hboot from the SD card. Put the card back in the phone.

21. Reboot to bootloader, selected fastboot, connect to your PC, using fastboot USB reflash Amon Ra. (You could also do this as a PH98IMG.ZIP if you choose by putting it on the card).

22. Power off. Remove card AGAIN, put boot image on card as PH98IMG.ZIP (taking off the old PH98IMG.ZIP if that's how you reflashed Amon Ra).

23. Reboot to bootloader and flash your boot image, either via fastboot or as an PH98IMG.zip cf. step 21.

24. Power OFF, boot normally, which should finally get you past the Juopunut splash screen. You might even bootloop once or twice (I did), but you should get a normal boot at that point.

25. Note, if you boot to bootloader, flash recovery, then go from bootloader directly to recovery you will probably have have issues. Instead, after step 24, Power off or restart into recovery AFTER you've successfully booted your ROM. Amon Ra should behave perfectly normal at that point.

The preceding was my experience at any rate.

Yeah, Unrevoked was a lot easier and quick for those of us coming from Incredible, but it really isn't impossible to do this if you remain patient, pay attention, and stay calm.
    for anyone whos done it what kind of wire have u used?

I used a paperclip that was insulated. So just wrap one up with electrical tape and that will be fine.
    Its actually quite fascinating to me to see so many varied results and peoples' reactions to the process. I'm also starting to realize that most of the people in here will put pretty much anything on their phone (or do pretty much anything to it..) even when they clearly have no idea what they are even doing it for.

I mean seriously, half the people in here trying to get S-OFF and driving themselves insane probably shouldn't even be worrying about it anyway. But they will do it anyway. And then the next thing they'll do, for no apparent reason and without knowing anything at all about them, is start flashing radios. Then the next thing they will say is they can't make calls anymore and can't figure out why...
    What should I do???
    Give me a hand! Thank you

LOL really? You mean you did all this stuff to your phone that could potentially destroy it, and you didn't even read all the instructions first??! OK, now go ahead and facepalm for a second....

...OK lecture over.
    1) Go to the development section, find the Amon Ra recovery thread, and find somewhere in there the latest version 3.15 and download it (check around page 48)

2) extract the .img file to a folder somewhere on your computer where you have the fastboot and adb applications located

3) turn off the phone. Boot it into fastboot by holding volume-down and power, then selecting fastboot at the menu

4) plug phone into computer - wait for phone to say "fastboot - usb"

5) type the command "fastboot flash recovery recovery-ra-3.15-gnm.img" to flash the file (make sure the filename matches, that was from memory)

6) then type "fastboot reboot recovery"

7) Once Amone Ra boots, go to the developers menu and then select install su from there.

Yes, I just typed all that out for you, even though its all readily available with a simple SEARCH. You're welcome.