[Q] Anyone Heard of any Developers?

Search This thread

aawshads

Oct 1, 2010
Dallas
has anyone heard of any developers that have shown interest in creating Rom's for this tab? I am very interested from the spec point of view in the 8.4, but I do not like the sense UI and would want a speedy rom for it, but it does not look like much is happening on here. I know this is a new tab, but that is a sticking point for me before buying. If not this then I think I will wait for the galaxy tab 8 (rumored), the specs on it look great as well and it will have good support from google updating the base software so I think it will have a good development forum. Any thoughts?

nrage23

has anyone heard of any developers that have shown interest in creating Rom's for this tab? I am very interested from the spec point of view in the 8.4, but I do not like the sense UI and would want a speedy rom for it, but it does not look like much is happening on here. I know this is a new tab, but that is a sticking point for me before buying. If not this then I think I will wait for the galaxy tab 8 (rumored), the specs on it look great as well and it will have good support from google updating the base software so I think it will have a good development forum. Any thoughts?

We just got recovery so something should happen soon if at all. Crpalmer has Cyanogenmod 11 working on this tab. It is an expensive tablet so it will not get much interest due to the price.

aawshads

Oct 1, 2010
Dallas
We just got recovery so something should happen soon if at all. Crpalmer has Cyanogenmod 11 working on this tab. It is an expensive tablet so it will not get much interest due to the price.

It is a darn great tablet spec wise though, it looks like it could handle anything you threw at it. I am really salivating over it, I wish I was a better coder to be able to create some roms myself.

JaylanPHNX

Nov 16, 2010
With crpalmer's CM 11, anyone wanting to develop their own AOSP ROM, or port another, should have a relatively easy time of it, since kernel is already built.

From my Pro Tab 8.4

TwinXM

Mar 30, 2012

I'm hoping for Android Revolution HD from @mike1986. :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk