[Q] GS5 won't go back to stock

Search This thread

Nyc1231

Apr 1, 2012
New York
I've tried both 3.07 and 3.09 versions

I'm confused on the part when you are flashing a file. Do you continue flashing more files before turning on the phone? Example you flash stock firmware then you flash CF autoroot then you turn on phone. If so then just flash stock and that's it. If not then...... damn! :(

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rleighska

Oct 12, 2013
Safe mode is different from download and recovery it boots you into phone so u can disable xposed or gravity lossiboy the cause

I can't get into safe mode either. I held volume down, power button until it vibrated then let go of the power and kept holding volume down. It only got as far as the samsung galaxy s5 screen with the set bit warranty : kernel at the top left. Could probably sit here and hold the power down for several hours and I don't think it would move from that screen.

Does it matter I'm trying all of this with my sd card removed? Should I leave it out or put it back?

Nyc1231

Apr 1, 2012
New York
I can't get into safe mode either. I held volume down, power button until it vibrated then let go of the power and kept holding volume down. It only got as far as the samsung galaxy s5 screen with the set bit warranty : kernel at the top left. Could probably sit here and hold the power down for several hours and I don't think it would move from that screen.

Does it matter I'm trying all of this with my sd card removed? Should I leave it out or put it back?

Doesn't hurt to try

rleighska

Oct 12, 2013
I'm confused on the part when you are flashing a file. Do you continue flashing more files before turning on the phone? Example you flash stock firmware then you file CF autoroot then you turn on phone. If so then just flash stock and that's it. If not then...... damn! :(

I've been flashing one file, waiting for the phone to turn back on, unplug, wait about 5 min to see it it does anything differently, close odin, reopen odin, turn the phone off, boot to download mode, and start again.

Nyc1231

Apr 1, 2012
New York
I've been flashing one file, waiting for the phone to turn back on, unplug, wait about 5 min to see it it does anything differently, close odin, reopen odin, turn the phone off, boot to download mode, and start again.
scratching my head on this problem..... by any chance is there a stock recovery to flash with odin?

rleighska

Oct 12, 2013
scratching my head on this problem..... by any chance is there a stock recovery to flash with odin?

I downloaded the file below from sammobile. Flashed it in odin, phone rebooted to the samsung galaxy s5 screen and has recovery booting.... and set warranty bit: recovery at the top. What should be my next step? I've left the phone sit for 5 minutes and it's staying on this screen.

Model: SM-G900P
Model name: GALAXY S5
Version: Android 4.4.2
Changelist: 964333
Build date: Sat, 05 Apr 2014 11:26:10 +0000
Product Code: SPR
PDA: G900PVPU1AND2
CSC: G900PSPT1AND2
MODEM: G900PVPU1AND2

Instructions
Extract (unzip) the firmware file
Download Odin v3.09
Extract Odin zip-file
Open Odin v3.09
Reboot phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)
Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
Add the firmware file to AP / PDA
Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
Click the start button, sit back and wait a few minutes

Last edited:

Nyc1231

Apr 1, 2012
New York
I downloaded the file below from sammobile. Flashed it in odin, phone rebooted to the samsung galaxy s5 screen and has recovery booting.... and set warranty bit: recovery at the top. What should be my next step? I've left the phone sit for 5 minutes and it's staying on this screen.

Model: SM-G900P
Model name: GALAXY S5
Version: Android 4.4.2
Changelist: 964333
Build date: Sat, 05 Apr 2014 11:26:10 +0000
Product Code: SPR
PDA: G900PVPU1AND2
CSC: G900PSPT1AND2
MODEM: G900PVPU1AND2

Instructions
Extract (unzip) the firmware file
Download Odin v3.09
Extract Odin zip-file
Open Odin v3.09
Reboot phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)
Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
Add the firmware file to AP / PDA
Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
Click the start button, sit back and wait a few minutes

Still on the same screen? If so then it's time to take it to Sprint and hope for the best ε=ε=(っ*´□`)っ

Nyc1231

Apr 1, 2012
New York
Wouldn't it be void anyway since I tripped knox?
Or you can still keep on trying and hope for something to happen. On the part on the warranty, we are paying Sprint for warranty coverage not samsung so I don't know about void. It's all up to you my good man. 。(*^▽^*)ゞ
Try tomorrow, get a good night sleep and then tomorrow keep searching for more info

Last edited:

g.armour

May 25, 2010
Many Samsung devices store a flash counter that keeps track of how many times you have flashed <b>custom</b> firmwares to your device. On some devices, a yellow triangle or other sort of visual warning is also displayed during boot if you are running a <b>custom</b> firmware. <b>TriangleAway</b> was built to disable the triangle (if a visual warning is present) and reset the custom ROM flash counter to 0. This app requires root !<br />
<br />
You can find out the current status of your flash counter and firmware state (custom or official) by booting into "download mode" on most devices. The usual way of getting into "download mode" is by first turning off your device, then turning it on by pressing and holding VolDown+(Home)+Power. Alternatively, the "adb reboot download" command also often works. Note that some newer device like the S4 do not <u>show</u> you the flash counter anymore - but it is <u>still there</u>.<br />
<br />
When you run <b>TriangleAway</b>, if your device and firmware are supported, it will show you the detected state of the binary (custom or official) and flash counter value, and the option to <i>Reset flash counter</i>. Please confirm that the information shown is correct before resetting the values.<br />
<br />
On a number of devices, <b>TriangleAway</b> can work, but your firmware may not be supported directly. In that case, the app will tell you it needs to reboot into a special boot mode, which will be happen if you select <i>Reset flash counter</i>. The device will reboot into a special mode which will allow you to review the current status and reset the binary and flash counter values (or abort and do nothing). On some devices this will actually trigger the counter to 1 if its 0 - so if you're "just checking", do that in download mode!<br />
<br />
<b><font color="red">THIS IS A DANGEROUS OPERATION AND COULD POTENTIALLY BRICK YOUR DEVICE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK. A USB JIG IS PREFERRED IF YOU HAVE A WORKING ONE.</font></b><br />
( and by brick I mean brick - only a board replacement or a JTAG unit will be able to save you, don't mess with boot(loader) stuff unless you <i>really</i> mean it! )<br />
<br />
Note#1: using Triangle Away may unmount your SD card. Reboot or manually remount it from Android settings.<br />
<br />
Note#2: on new devices like the SGS4/SGS3/SGNote2/SGNote8/SGNote10.1 etc, the "system modified" status can only be reset on some firmwares - they must be stock firmwares!<br />
<br />
<b>FAQ</b><br />
<br />
- Triangle Away shows a negative counter ?<br />
If you have a very large flash count (over 127) this is known to happen. Please confirm in download mode that you actually have that large a flash count before resetting the counter.<br />
<br />
- After using Triangle Away I get no bootscreen at all or an error message on screen ?<br />
Try flashing the attached "param.tar" as PDA in ODIN (no repartition!), that <b>may</b> clear up the issue. <b>Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100 ONLY</b><br />
<br />
- What about future updates and devices ?<br />
Please read this article I wrote about this: http://www.chainfire.eu/articles/118/Triangle_Away_vs_Samsung/<br />
<br />
- On my SGS4/SGS3/Note2/etc, Download Mode says my System is modified, and Triangle Away does not reset it<br />
Triangle Away attempt to reset this status and block it from coming back, but it depends on the firmware. It does work on some (not all) stock firmwares. Resetting this value often doesn't work on custom firmwares! See the post below this one for more information.<br />
<br />
- On the SGS4/SGS3/Note2/etc, System->Settings->About device->Status still shows "Modified"<br />
This is outside the scope of Triangle Away. The "system" status is not even always resettable in the bootloader. If you are going for warranty, you need to <b>also</b> reflash a full stock firmware and wipe your device. If they boot up your device and find root apps, you're not going to get any warranty anyway. If you do such a full stock reflash and wipe, the "Modified" value will go away. The workaround option in TriangleAway <u>may</u> help you temporarily change this value. See the post below this one for more information.<br />
<br />
- My counter always stays at 1<br />
Some devices/bootloaders set the counter to 1 at every boot if you are running a custom kernel or recovery. On these devices, Triangle Away may always display 1 - make sure to check the counter in actual download mode, and make sure you are running a stock Samsung kernel and recovery.<br />
<br />
<b>Supported devices</b><br />
<br />
Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 **<br />
Samsung Galaxy S2 SPH-D710 Epic 4G Touch **<br />
Samsung Galaxy S2 Korea SHW-M250K/L/S **<br />
Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 **<br />
Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300T **<br />
Samsung Galaxy S3 AT&T <br />
Samsung Galaxy S3 Sprint<br />
Samsung Galaxy S3 T-Mobile<br />
Samsung Galaxy S3 Verizon <b><font color="red">UNLOCK BOOTLOADER</font></b><br />
Samsung Galaxy S3 Canada<br />
Samsung Galaxy S3 US Cellular<br />
Samsung Galaxy S3 MetroPCS<br />
Samsung Galaxy S3 Cricket<br />
Samsung Galaxy S3 C-Spire<br />
Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9305 LTE **<br />
Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9305T LTE **<br />
Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9305N LTE **<br />
Samsung Galaxy S3 Korea SHV-E210K/L/S ** <b><font color="red">DISABLE DUE TO ISSUES</font></b><br />
Samsung Galaxy S3 Korea SHW-M440S **<br />
Samsung Galaxy S4 International GT-I9505 **<br />
Samsung Galaxy S4 AT&T SGH-I337 <b><font color="red">UNLOCK BOOTLOADER</font></b><br />
Samsung Galaxy S4 Verizon SCH-I545 <b><font color="red">UNLOCK BOOTLOADER</font></b><br />
Samsung Galaxy S4 T-Mobile SGH-M919<br />
Samsung Galaxy S4 Sprint SPH-L720<br />
Samsung Galaxy S4 US Cellular SCH-R970<br />
Samsung Galaxy S4 Canada SGH-I337M<br />
Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 **<br />
Samsung Galaxy Note GT-I9220 **<br />
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100/T **<br />
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7102 **<br />
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7105/T LTE **<br />
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SPH-L900 Sprint **<br />
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889 T-Mobile **<br />
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889V Canada **<br />
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-R950 US Cellular **<br />
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 AT&T/Canada SGH-I317/M **<br />
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SCH-I605 Verizon ** <b><font color="red">UNLOCK BOOTLOADER</font></b><br />
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Korea SHV-E250K/L/S **<br />
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 International SM-N9005 <font color="red">4.4+</font><br />
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900T T-Mobile <font color="red">4.4+</font> (Untested)<br />
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900P Sprint<font color="red">4.4+</font> (Untested)<br />
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900W8 Canadia <font color="red">4.4+</font> (Untested)<br />
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900S/2/6/8/9 Asia <font color="red">4.4+</font> (Untested)<br />
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0" GT-N5100 3G **<br />
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0" GT-N511x Wi-Fi **<br />
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0" GT-N5120 LTE **<br />
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1" GT-N8000 3G **<br />
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1" GT-N801x Wi-Fi **<br />
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1" GT-N8020 LTE **<br />
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1" SHW-M480S/K/W **<br />
Samsung Galaxy Camera EK-GC100 **<br />
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P310x 7" 3G<br />
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P311x 7" Wi-Fi<br />
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P510x 10.1" 3G<br />
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P511x 10.1" Wi-Fi<br />
Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160<br />
Samsung Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070/P<br />
Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190<br />
Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082<br />
Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus GT-S7500 <br />
Samsung Galaxy Ace IIx GT-S7560 <br />
Samsung Galaxy S Duos GT-S7562 <br />
Samsung Galaxy Premier GT-I9260<br />
<br />
<font color="red">Various Qualcomm-based Samsung devices should now be supported as well, but I don't know which ones - please let me know!</font><br />
Suspected is a large range of Qualcomm based Note and S2 variants.<br />
<br />
** Various related models are supported depending on firmware, but only the exact model numbers listed are supported regardless of firmware version.<br />
<br />
Whether or not Triangle Away works depends largely on your kernel. Flashing a different kernel may make it work if it previously didn't.<br />
<br />
<b>Download</b><br />
<br />
<b>Download from Google Play</b><br />
<br />
The Google Play download is not free - it costs about a beer (thanks!). The download listed below is 100% the exact same program, but free. I provide it for free because I believe this app should be available even to people who cannot pay on Google Play. If you are able to purchase on Play, please consider that I have spent a great many hours on this, and the latest version also uses server resources I have to pay for.<br />
<br />
<b><font color="red">REDISTRIBUTION IS NOT ALLOWED</font></b><br />
<br />
( 1.00: 634; 1.10: 12795; 1.25: 59699; 1.50: 2891; 1.51: 45740; 1.70: 30839; 1.80: 13997; 1.90: 26020; 2.00: 10141; 2.05: 2421; 2.06: 755; 2.10: 17703; 2.15: 4780; 2.20: 4219; 2.25: 2861; 2.26: 11340; 2.30: 5132; 2.35: 676; 2.36: 16139; 2.37: 77595; 2.40: 12019; 2.45: 2725; 2.50: 7233; 2.55: 19784; 2.60: 54862; 2.65: 2957; 2.70: 6734; 2.75: 41790; 2.80: 2314; 2.85: 5092; 2.90: 128863; 2.95: 4595; 2.99: 27515; 3.00: 63085; 3.01: 78579; 3.05: 35309; 3.10: 189298; 3.25: 5562)<br/>

I'm curious if you tried this.. It says it possibly and permanently brick your device.

rleighska

Oct 12, 2013
GS5 problem booting to recovery

I'm still trying to fix this phone. It's been over a week and it's still not working. I've tried flashing in Odin back to stock firmware from the sammobile website, and then both cwm and twrp, but neither one would let me boot to recovery. I can boot to download mode just fine and it "appears" that it is taking the stock firmware, as when flashed it says samsung official when booting back to download mode. For whatever reason the recovery files flashed will not load and let me boot to recovery. I've tried everything I could think of and even suggestions, but nothing has worked. PLEASE HELP!!! :(

miked63017

Jan 30, 2011
St Louis
Try flashing the stock odin package, with stock recovery. Boot to recovery and wipe everything. I think the lack of a wipe is causing the hang during boot. If all else fails, did you try to flash with re-partition checked and the pit file included?

photonsnake

Jan 19, 2012
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I am thinking about switching carriers and need to reload to stock. I am currently running MOAR 6.2. I have been trying to find the files necessary to go back to KitKat, but I am having trouble finding them. Can you, or anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you very much.

autotech40

Jun 29, 2014
Your post doesnt say if you tried kies3. It fixed my phone when it was unbootable. Give it a shot.

if i have helped in any way,please hit the thanks button.

Reactions: azaeldrm

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Your post doesnt say if you tried kies3. It fixed my phone when it was unbootable. Give it a shot.

if i have helped in any way,please hit the thanks button.