Verizon Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.D.0.437 firmware update

Search This thread

ImAnurag

Aug 10, 2011
New Delhi
GizmoBolt.com
Google Pixel 2 XL
Verizon Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.D.0.437 firmware update rolling now.
Android 4.4.2

Changelog : • improved application accessibility from Google Play and “Close Door” pop-up messages bug has been corrected.

Source - http://www.gizmobolt.com/2014/08/01/verizon-xperia-z2-tablet-17-1-d-0-437-firmware-update-rolling/

17.1.D.0.437-firmware-Verizon.png

Got the update ?

csstamatin

Aug 8, 2011
Did u have root before doing the update? Or the custom recovery installed?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

the_rooter

Aug 3, 2014
Olean
Did u have root before doing the update? Or the custom recovery installed?

Before I did the update I had the phone rooted. I didnt loose root. now I have a question that if anyone can help please. Is the verizon xperia Z2 tablet unable to have custom roms and flashed? I followed the link to unlock the bootloader and it says its not available. Is there a method to unlock without the option for Sony website?

csstamatin

Aug 8, 2011
As far as I know, no bootloader unlock. Also don't think anyone is working on it. Not sure though.

Reactions: the_rooter

kulvertti

Dec 28, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Before I did the update I had the phone rooted. I didnt loose root. now I have a question that if anyone can help please. Is the verizon xperia Z2 tablet unable to have custom roms and flashed? I followed the link to unlock the bootloader and it says its not available. Is there a method to unlock without the option for Sony website?

You don't need to have unlocked bootloader to install custom rom. Only when installing custom kernel.

the_rooter

Aug 3, 2014
Olean
You don't need to have unlocked bootloader to install custom rom. Only when installing custom kernel.

can someone direct me where to look because everything i find shows that your need an unlocked bootloader to use custom roms, and custom recovery. Also doesnt that void the use of custom roms? you would use a custom kernel on that.

kulvertti

Dec 28, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
can someone direct me where to look because everything i find shows that your need an unlocked bootloader to use custom roms, and custom recovery. Also doesnt that void the use of custom roms? you would use a custom kernel on that.

You can find custom recovery here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2794175

I'm afraid that so far no luck with custom roms because only ones for this device are cm or aspects based wich include custom kernel. We need developers for custom roms with stock kernel.

the_rooter

Aug 3, 2014
Olean

h4ng0ver

Jan 6, 2009
failed OTA update on my Z2

My OTA update had failed on the Verizon Sony Z2 tablet, now the tablet shows "software update failed" at boot up :( can anyone help?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As far as I know, no bootloader unlock. Also don't think anyone is working on it. Not sure though.