[Q] Can't boot into system, is it bricked?

Search This thread

rommanager

Jul 18, 2012
HongKong
My moto x is XT1052 retail version, and I was regret to update to 4.4.4, so I flashed 4.4.2 version, but I stucked at partition so I stopped and find ways to back to 4.4.4, but I can't find a 4.4.4 asia retail version image for me to restore my phone via fastboot command, do anyone have the EU or Asia retail image of 4.4.4 of XT1052? I really need help!! Thank you soooo much!!!

danger2u

Jan 24, 2010
My moto x is XT1052 retail version, and I was regret to update to 4.4.4, so I flashed 4.4.2 version, but I stucked at partition so I stopped and find ways to back to 4.4.4, but I can't find a 4.4.4 asia retail version image for me to restore my phone via fastboot command, do anyone have the EU or Asia retail image of 4.4.4 of XT1052? I really need help!! Thank you soooo much!!!

what do u mean Asia??
where u get the phone??
if is its retail XT1052 is the european one.
flash recovery img from 4.4.2 EU then reboot the bootloader and flash again ALL the firmware.

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
what do u mean Asia??
where u get the phone??
if is its retail XT1052 is the european one.
flash recovery img from 4.4.2 EU then reboot the bootloader and flash again ALL the firmware.

Actually, there IS an "AsiaRetail" variant of the XT1052 as well.

You should have never attempted to downgrade. It is posted literally all over these forums to not attempt this. There is no 4.4.4 FXZ for any of the XT1052 variants yet. You can try some methods, but they all have risk. The only safe way to recover is to wait for the 4.4.4 FXZ to be released, but there's no telling when that will happen.

Some have had success by skipping the "flash partition gpt.bin" command, but if you do this you are at risk of bricking when you take the update back to 4.4.4. Again, some have been successful, but anyone that tells you it is completely safe is mistaken.

Good Luck :good:

rommanager

Jul 18, 2012
HongKong
You should have never attempted to downgrade. It is posted literally all over these forums to not attempt this. There is no 4.4.4 FXZ for any of the XT1052 variants yet. You can try some methods, but they all have risk. The only safe way to recover is to wait for the 4.4.4 FXZ to be released, but there's no telling when that will happen.

Some have had success by skipping the "flash partition gpt.bin" command, but if you do this you are at risk of bricking when you take the update back to 4.4.4. Again, some have been successful, but anyone that tells you it is completely safe is mistaken.

Good Luck :good:
Thank You for the answer:D