[Q] Htc one m7 / Twrp problem /HELP

Search This thread

AlphaBit

Jun 28, 2014
Hello Everybody.*
I'm new here and I could use some help.*
A few weeks ago I bought a HTC one m7 32 G from a friend, when i tried to do a factory reset I wasn't able to cause the phone would freeze on the Twrp slide to unlock screen. I read and found out that it was the Twrp fault cause it was the version 2.5 00, so I downloaded Rom Manager and tried to update Twrp but to no avail. So I guessed I have to be rooted to do that. The phone has the bootloader unlocked and it says tampered, so i guess that it was rooted at some point.
Also I found something called All in one root kit v4 amongst it's files, so i guess that's was what the person used to root the phone.*
I just received an ota update today and made the download but when I press install the phone reboots and it freezes on the Twrp 2.5 00 screen as usual. Currently I don't have a pc.Do i have to go back to stock If I want the 4.4 ota? Is it worth it? If so I need to fix the Twrp problem, so root for updating /fixing twrp then go back to stock, right? Or can I just update the Twrp and then install the ota? The phone is currently on 4.3 and sense 5.5.Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
So assuming I get to a friend's pc, what can i do? And for the other questions? Thank you.
1. OTA read this: OTA Updates
2. You will need ADB & fastboot tool and read this guide on fastboot commands.
3. Once you get fastboot installed on your PC, you need to run the following command with the phone in FASTBOOT USB: fastboot getvar all Then you should copy & paste the output here but remove the imei and serialno codes.
4. Then we will be able to get either the correct stock recovery or RUU to get you back running again. There is a link to nkk71's guide to return to stock in my signature.

Reactions: AlphaBit

AlphaBit

Jun 28, 2014
3. Once you get fastboot installed on your PC, you need to run the following command with the phone in FASTBOOT USB: fastboot getvar all Then you should copy & paste the output here but remove the imei and serialno codes.
4. Then we will be able to get either the correct stock recovery or RUU to get you back running again. There is a link to nkk71's guide to return to stock in my signature.

OK, I will do what was asked and then post.. Thank you.

finallyfake

Sep 5, 2014
Hi, I have encountered the same issue trying to install the update.
I've set back the stock recovery found in firmware.zip present in the OTA archive, installed the update and then rooted again the phone.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So assuming I get to a friend's pc, what can i do? And for the other questions? Thank you.